St. Joseph Medical Center At 1401 St. Joseph Pkwy.

Houstonian in Iraq

Yes i understand what medicare is lol. I own a medical equipment business and get referrals from case workers from this hospital for hospice/home health patients as well. Everyone at the hospital is shit scared because without their medical number they will go down under. If this gets shut down this will be REALLY REALLY bad for houston. Camridge hospital in medical center shut down and that was the other psy hospital and if this gets closed down, oh boy it will be BAD.

I can only assume there would have to be more than one incident to shut down a hospital. Maybe it will be bought out by Memorial Hermann... I dont think it would be wise to close our only hospital in downtown.

Im not sure Memorial Hermann would want those buildings, but agreed on downtown needing to retain a hospital presence.. it would be great for one of the big players to come in and build a medical tower on one of the rail lines.

• Like 2

Perhaps that's why the new Sheraton going in at the ol' Holiday/Heaven on Earth building is listed as 801 Calhoun, instead of St. Joe's Pkwy.???

If this hospital does go away, a reminder of it would be nice. It was the hospital where most native Houstonians were born for a long period of time.

Also, how many streets named after Calhoun do we need?

• 1 year later...

The development in East Midtown continues.

Also in the plans for the 135,586-sq.-ft. building at 2000 Crawford St., which dates from 1965: new shared lounges, workspaces, and conference facilities, changes to its ground-floor retail spaces, and a new name TBD.

http://swamplot.com/the-pierce-elevateds-great-uncrossing/2017-10-06/

http://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Boxer-Property-wants-Midtown-building-ready-for-12256877.php#photo-14295302

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/23/2018 at 1:02 PM, corbs315 said:

Glasstire? :P

3 permits issued to "Glasstire" at this address for the remodel this last week. ..whatever that means.Untitled.png.9ba97fb46b68d304ae919e3d6a58e856.png

Glasstire is the oldest online-only art magazine in the country.  It covers Texas arts.  I believe they are currently located in another Boxer property on the Northwest Freeway. It looks like they are moving in to 2000 Crawford.  Good news!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Glasstire is the oldest online-only art magazine in the country.  It covers Texas arts.  I believe they are currently located in another Boxer property on the Northwest Freeway. It looks like they are moving in to 2000 Crawford.  Good news!

That's badass. Something different. And it's tech related. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...