GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

I know it is a pipe dream but Trader Joes would be ahuge win!!!!

I don't think it's that much of a pipe dream. Aldi's I believe is the parent company for Trader Joe's and they are about to explode into the Texas market by building a warehouse in North Texas that will serve the state of Texas and southern Oklahoma by fall 2009. History shows that wherever Aldi's goes, Trader Joe's quickly follows.

Went last night to House Of Blues...loved the restaurant, food was better than average and service was friendly...the venue was amazing for Ghostland Observatory...although you have to take the elevator or escalators up to the 3rd level outside just to get to the box office which was kinda kooky...especially for those that drove up to the front wanting to "run up" to get their tickets....only finding out they have to find parking to do so since the front is reserved for valet etc... pretty inconvenient, but again, excited to have a House Of Blues in Houston. (my best friends band has a yet to be announced show there in dec so i am stoked about that! see avatar for hint haha!)

also i saw the space for Cork, just so you know this is an awesome wine bar...they have one is clearlake that offers great wine, food (even food from local businesses can be ordered and delivered to your table by onsite staff for that purpose)...and great live music through the week...the space is huge compared to their clearlake location and in the 1st level.

as far as something that would be nice to have in this plaza, they need a good internet cafe...i work in travel and people visiting always ask if there is such a thing here near the galleria, so i can only imagine it is needed in downtown as well.

as far as something that would be nice to have in this plaza, they need a good internet cafe...i work in travel and people visiting always ask if there is such a thing here near the galleria, so i can only imagine it is needed in downtown as well.

Yes! As long as it is open 24/7 and serves food / coffee.

A coffee shop that is local and that is NOT Starbucks. I am tired of Starbucks. There used to be a couple of nice coffee places downtown...another one wouldn't hurt. If it were open 24/7 that would be fantastic.

I noticed the other day that a new independent (I think) coffee shop just opened up in the Market Square area near the Cotton Exchange. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet but it might be cool.

Still, I agree another nice cafe, especially one that is open after 5 would be nice. I'd probably spend some time there if they had free wifi.

Yes!

a 24/7 Starbucks, P.F. Chang's, Polo, Energie, Buckle, Probably a salon, a nice Bar, (And keep the clothing stores open till 9 or 10, since all the drunks will want to buy more! Hey it works in Puerto Banus)!

A nice boutique like Urban Rendezvous in the Heights.

PF Chang's would not be good.................b/c my a$$ would be planted in there 7 nights a week!!!!

PF Chang's would not be good.................b/c my a$ would be planted in there 7 nights a week!!!!

they already have Yao's coming, so no need of another chinese food restaurant.

H&M and Niketown would be ideal because it would attract people from all over Houston to come by.

So what stores are opening today? This is exciting! I remember following this project since it was just parking lots.

Well after all that waiting it's officially open... at least parts of it. I am looking forward to Lucky Strike. :-)

Does XXI offer clothes for guys too or just girls? :unsure:

Not sure, but at least I'm sure a guy can buy clothes there to pretend to be a girl. :ph34r:

Not sure, but at least I'm sure a guy can buy clothes there to pretend to be a girl. :ph34r:

Ha...Ha...real funny :P - Yeah they sell men's clothes up on the second level (very small selection though) - the one at mem. city has a men's section as well, really cool cheap clothes, some bad cheap clothes too though :(

Well after all that waiting it's officially open... at least parts of it. I am looking forward to Lucky Strike. :-)

Does XXI offer clothes for guys too or just girls? :unsure:

Well if your use to wearing girl clothes & girl v-necks, and androgony is yo thang, then by all means its not meant for girls. I've been dragged in by girlfriends, they got some ok stuff for cheap. Nothing I would buy or wear.

JayKay I just read the post above me.

Edited by Montrose1100

Ha...Ha...real funny :P - Yeah they sell men's clothes up on the second level (very small selection though) - the one at mem. city has a men's section as well, really cool cheap clothes, some bad cheap clothes too though :(

Thanks. :) I stopped by HP today... didn't go into XXI, though... figured it was just for girls. I went into Books-a-Million... really nice... and for those who were bummed it wasn't a Borders or something similar... well, they are basically the same thing! I bought two Halloween cards for family members... so I supported HP. he he It will be MUCH BETTER once more stores are open.

They also need to put some sort of pedestrian crossing from the end blocks to the middle block on street levels... I know you are "supposed" to walk to the corners to cross but since there's a walkway down the middle of HP most people are going to cross in the middle between the corners... they were doing it today.

There were tons of people in XXI - unfortunately they all work there and stand around doing nothing, just like Abercrombie and Hollister minus the people that walk around spraying the clothes with cologne

Whenever I go to A&F or Hollister there are always shoppers there... I wouldn't want there to be many more b/c you would be bumping into them all the time.

Yea, that place is screaming "retail!" ha ha

What, that Pitney Bowes is suddenly chopped liver? :lol:

Only had time to stop into the Books-a-Million, but I was pleasantly surprised at the selection and layout. The rest of the time was spent just wandering about.

I walked across the length of the place, basically trying to get a feel from the "sky rings" or whatever they're being branded as. It'd probably be a bit better if it wasn't cool and damp, but it's still a trip to be able to look up the canyon of the streets and buildings. Also, I think the location comes into play when you walk to the end around the HOB box office on the 3rd level. There's a pretty good line of sight to Toyota Center, Hilton Americas & the GRB, so I can definitely see people walking a few blocks to check the place out when it's fully up and running.

The website has a press release with the all of the store opening dates. It seems like this place won't really get going until December-January.

from press release:

Saturday, October 11, 2008

House of Blues - First concert: Cowboy Mouth; Restaurant/Foundation Room/Music Hall open

Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Houston Pavilions - Open to the public

Books-A-Million - Open to the public

XXI Forever - Open to the public

Friday, October 24, 2008

Books-A-Million - Grand Opening

Friday, October 31, 2008

BCBG - Open to the public

Monday, November 3, 2008

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant - Grand Opening

Other Opening Dates:

Guadalajara del Centro - November 2008

Andalusia Tapas Restaurant & Bar - December 2008

Clique Salon - December 2008

Cork Wine Bar - December 2008

Lucky Strike - December 2008

Mia Bella - December 2008

Nail Trix - December 2008

Unity Bank - December 2008

Yao's Restaurant & Bar - January 2009

III Forks - Spring 2009

Hank's Ice Cream - Spring 2009

Journeys - Spring 2009

Lids - Spring 2009

The Board Room - Spring 2009

I don't think this is accurate.

According to this, Journeys opens up in Spring 09. I went by today and they already have the shelves up in the store. I would take less than a month to finish the interior build out. I can't imagine them sitting on this for winter to pass.

Edited by midtownuser

That seems kind of screwy to open a mall with only 4 tenants, then wait several months before opening the rest. What's the logic behind that?

This is increasingly common practice within the retail sector... in bigger developments, they'll open up the anchors first, which helps build anticipation for the rest of the development.