GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

I drove down there last night to see the crowd for the Jay-Z concert. The police had that block blocked off so no cars could pass. However, all the hoopla about how the skyrings were supposed to light up and glow. I was disappointed. If that's the spectactular way they're supposed to glow and be stunning, then I have to say I was expecting more. I guess all the lighting hasn't been installed yet because this thing isnt quite finished.

Anyone know if the lighting is complete on this thing?

That seems kind of screwy to open a mall with only 4 tenants, then wait several months before opening the rest. What's the logic behind that?

I thought it would be nice if everything opened together, but if some stores are ready to open and they can open and begin making money why not just let them open.

This is increasingly common practice within the retail sector... in bigger developments, they'll open up the anchors first, which helps build anticipation for the rest of the development.

That seems screwy. They've got excitement when the mall opens, but they dilute it when folks visit and there are only 4 stores open.

Just drove by... they are planting very tall bamboo plants in the beds in the center of the pedestrian walkways... seems like an odd choice. Near HOB, the bamboo plants almost overwhelm the walkway.

I may go back and snap some pictures later today.

i read it as: "I may go back and snap some (bamboo trees)."

Just drove by... they are planting very tall bamboo plants in the beds in the center of the pedestrian walkways... seems like an odd choice. Near HOB, the bamboo plants almost overwhelm the walkway.

I may go back and snap some pictures later today.

You could make yourself a real nice fishing pole.

Just finished eating at HOB...It is fantastic and was packed and full of excitement, many tourist eating at the restaurant. I also took a stroll to BAM and I must say that it had a nice crowd shopping and buying stuff. I think this thing is going to be a success. It was long over due for Houston.

I wandered around yesterday afternoon and liked it also. Only a couple of shops were open and HOB was deserted (no, I didn't eat there)...some radio station had vehicles parked in front of HOB which made me think there was a concert promotion going on. I will re-visit when more things are open.

It will be appealing to conventioneers but at some point you're going to want them to get on the LRT and go somewhere where they can spend money on stuff that is unique to Houston. Overall a good start.

Where are the jumbotrons?? I've been looking for them!!

I walked around it earlier this week, but am going back tonight to visit Book-a-Million. It's so nice to have a BAM within biking distance of my house!

That's what I'm wondering. I asked about the glowing skyrings and lights earlier. Since no one on haif seems to be able to answer the question, I'll send an email to the adress listed on the website.

what would that be exactly?

Oh geez, too many to list here. It all depends on your particular interests. I suggest getting a guidebook (or poking around this web site) or just plain old getting out there and exploring the city. There is a lot to do if you are willing to look for it. Good luck, and enjoy your stay!

IMG_2819.jpg

my friend was able to score me a Grand Opening poster for the House of Blues ^_^

Took my boyfriend Downtown to eat lunch Saturday after I got off work... wanted to go to HOB but it was closed to the public b/c of the Grand Opening! <_< So, we went to the Spaghetti House... one of our fav places!

I wandered around yesterday afternoon and liked it also. Only a couple of shops were open and HOB was deserted (no, I didn't eat there)...some radio station had vehicles parked in front of HOB which made me think there was a concert promotion going on. I will re-visit when more things are open.

It will be appealing to conventioneers but at some point you're going to want them to get on the LRT and go somewhere where they can spend money on stuff that is unique to Houston. Overall a good start.

Bulldoze a bunch of houses and run the rail line directly to Downing Street at Westheimer and Kirby, worry about the fallout later. ;)