Another Bar On Washington Ave.

margokorin

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drinkery tweeted last night: "Are you at theDrinkery watching MNF? If not, you so crazy... $2 beers all night long.Monday at the Drinkery has your name on it."

We drove by it on the ay to (sigh) the Tavern. My wife said 'I really want to try it.'

She pulled over, I called my friends, they wer at the Tavern. So we went, and ate crappy wings.

+1 for the info!

We drove by it on the ay to (sigh) the Tavern. My wife said 'I really want to try it.'

She pulled over, I called my friends, they wer at the Tavern. So we went, and ate crappy wings.

+1 for the info!

Did they make you pop your collar before they allowed you into the Tavern?

On a different topic, I was at Kobain on Saturday night and they had both PPV events (Mayweather and UFC) going on, along with the UT Tech game, for no cover. Well worth it, especially since Social was charging 10 bucks for Mayweather.

Good to take note of for next time if anybody on here is interested in those types of events.

Did they make you pop your collar before they allowed you into the Tavern?

Ha. I HATE the Tavern and I use to be a regular.

I've been held out twice, as have some of my friends. And let's face it, the Tavern can't really afford to be holding people out for BS reasons, especially normal, employed 20 and 30 somethings (sadly a group of about 8 friends is there EVERY Monday).

Once I was denied because I had black shoes, khaki pants, and a white t-shirt on (I took my dress shirt off). I was told no 'undershirts' (mind you not a wife beater).

The other time my wife and I went. I have a solid color t-shirt and normal khaki cargo pants. I was told no because my pants were 'baggy.' I laughed in the bouncer's face, then turned to my wife and laughed some more, explaining the Tavern had just denied me entrance.

Not sure why I let up on my ban last night.

Tavern customers have collars? They were t-shirt wearing greasers the last time I went in there, just a step above the unemployed roofers and future sex offenders at the Wet Spot.

Must have been an off night. Or perhaps the only two times I've been there, they were hosting the Semi-Annual Douchebag Convention.

Er... I guess it's pretty odd that I'd show up on Dbag nights.

Tavern customers have collars? They were t-shirt wearing greasers the last time I went in there, just a step above the unemployed roofers and future sex offenders at the Wet Spot.

Hence me laughing at being denied entrance.

In all seriousness I've heard it's usually because a fight happened a day or two before (again) and all they can figure out to do is over-enforce the dress code.

Must have been an off night. Or perhaps the only two times I've been there, they were hosting the Semi-Annual Douchebag Convention.

Er... I guess it's pretty odd that I'd show up on Dbag nights.

How long ago? It was pretty meat-market about 2 or 3 years ago but its mellowed out significantly. Still not exactly my crowd, but much more palatable.

In general I don't like The Tavern though.

no kidding....and that's just the female customers at the Wet Spot.

Our Red has his standards, you know. ;)

How long ago? It was pretty meat-market about 2 or 3 years ago but its mellowed out significantly. Still not exactly my crowd, but much more palatable.

In general I don't like The Tavern though.

When I first moved back to Houston just over two years ago and then maybe about six months after that. I haven't returned since. I've never been to the Wet Spot, but I'd be curious to take a customer there just to see the reaction from the accounting department when my T&Es have to be approved. "You went to the where? The Wet Spot? Is that a lesbian bar? A strip club?"

The Wet Spot sucks as a bar, but no complaints about the crowd. Its true its very much a working class crowd, but you can also find this at the Brewery Tap downtown.

Is the Brewery Tap a brew pub? Those are great places. I like drinking small batch beers. There used to be another one in Houston, a little less than a decade ago, called The Bank Draft, just outside Rice Village. I wonder what happened to that place.

Is the Brewery Tap a brew pub? Those are great places. I like drinking small batch beers. There used to be another one in Houston, a little less than a decade ago, called The Bank Draft, just outside Rice Village. I wonder what happened to that place.

The Bank Draft is now a [mostly] scotch bar called Kelvin Arms, and you can still have a drink in the old bank vault. It was a bank before being several bars.

The Brewery Tap is not a brew pub. It is, however, a great place to watch EPL matches despite the fact that the owner supports Chelsea. :)

Went to the Drinkery for MNF. You pay $5 for a pint glass, and drafts (Fireman #4, an IPA, a PA, and 3 St. Arnolds) are $2. $6.50 pizzas - they're not bad for bar pizzas.

My friends and I were the only people in there for most of the game.

Only complaint was they need more of a menu.

...and you keep the glass, bring it back next time for $2 pints? Is this only on Mondays? I'm out of town this Monday, maybe the one after next...

Tried Sawyer Park today. Nice view from the upstairs deck. Everything else? Two thumbs down.

Don't bother unless you're a 20-something pretty boy who likes to chat up high maintenance ladies. And don't even bother asking them to change one of their TV's from the Texans game to baseball. They'll scoff.

Here's the scoop on a few new bars opening around Washington, some I never even knew were on the map:

http://fredeatshouston.typepad.com/wwwfredeatshoustoncom/

Roosevelts - Across from Taps (Old Purple Building)

Brixx - Changed name from Busty Larue's

Shotzky - Country Shot Bar Concept

Phil's Texas BBQ - Corner of Washington and Heights (7,000 Sq FT!!!!)

Here's the scoop on a few new bars opening around Washington, some I never even knew were on the map:

http://fredeatshoust...eatshoustoncom/

Roosevelts - Across from Taps (Old Purple Building)

Brixx - Changed name from Busty Larue's

Shotzky - Country Shot Bar Concept

Phil's Texas BBQ - Corner of Washington and Heights (7,000 Sq FT!!!!)

$2 drafts at Drinkery for MNF. I'll be there asking Rogers and Jennings to pull off a FF miracle.

Archived