Westheimer Retail Center At 515 Westheimer Rd.

trymahjong

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"On this week's episode of "What's Eric Eating," BB's Tex Cajun founder and CEO Brooks Bassler joins CultureMap food editor Eric Sandler to discuss the growing Cajun/Creole restaurant. Over the course of 15 years, BB's Tex-Orleans has grown from one, nine-table restaurant in Montrose to 14 locations in Houston and San Antonio."

"Last year, we sold almost 1.3 million pounds of crawfish. When we're humming, we're selling 70,000 pounds per week," Bassler says. "What we've found is dedicated one individual to the purchasing and sourcing has been key, because he keeps his fingers on the pulse of weather conditions in the ponds by region and buys around the problematic issues."

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/whats-eric-eating-podcast-brooks-bassler-bbs-tex-orleans-1/

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Westheimer Retail Center At 515 Westheimer Rd.
  • 1 month later...

I stopped at Pappa Geno's for a cheese steak sandwich but noticed the new spot. The old B & B Donuts is now "P. King Authentic Chinese Food".  Has 2 parking spots for delivery services and only one for customers in front of the restaurant so I assume most of their business is in delivery.

https://www.pkingriveroaks.com

s05cCp0.jpg

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Retail Center - 515 Westheimer Rd.
  • 1 month later...

@Urbannizer @Triton or other moderators, please consider merging this topic.

There is an existing topic for 515 Westheimer Rd dating back to 2008. The topic was titled something else until Highrise Tower changed the title twice - the last time being in December when he modified it to Westheimer Retail Center at 515 Westheimer:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/17928-westheimer-retail-center-at-515-westheimer-rd/

The donut shop referenced in the post from the original topic pertains to B&B Donuts, which was located at 515 Westheimer Rd, Suite B:

On 10/15/2008 at 9:00 AM, trymahjong said:

i went to the donut shop in this strip shopping center and the lady said she, so vino and osaka restaurant were leaving? she thought it was because the rent was raised and no one can afford it-- 2 othere business have tried to make it there and failed--

The duplicate topic to merge:
https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/48569-retail-center-515-westheimer-rd/

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

LoopNet listing for 515 Westheimer Rd is linked below. According to the listing, it was published this month; however, it's no longer advertised on the the site. I'm not sure if that's accurate or not.

The listing, along with the leasing brochure, appears outdated. The photos included in the brochure aren't current. There is a site plan attached. I'm also unsure if it's the most recent one.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/515-Westheimer-Rd-Houston-TX/27548604/

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/Kz7jZbWJ1dWkCE375GrWJUK6JKvQEcpDNlji9Q9MTLs/515 Westheimer FINAL.pdf

Lz9P3ly.jpg

Just now, IntheKnowHouston said:

LoopNet listing for 515 Westheimer Rd is linked below. According to the listing, it was published this month; however, it's no longer advertised on the the site. I'm not sure if that's accurate or not.

The listing, along with the leasing brochure, appears outdated. The photos included in the brochure aren't current. There is a site plan attached. I'm also unsure if it's the most recent one.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/515-Westheimer-Rd-Houston-TX/27548604/

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/Kz7jZbWJ1dWkCE375GrWJUK6JKvQEcpDNlji9Q9MTLs/515 Westheimer FINAL.pdf

Below is the site plan included in leasing materials for 515 Westheimer Rd.

I think it may be up-to-date, but I'm not for certain.

Listed tenants according to the site plan:

• Focus - 515 Westheimer Rd, Suite A-1

• World of Lashes - 515 Westheimer Rd, Suite A-2

• P. King / P. King Authentic Chinese Food - 515 Westheimer Rd, Suite B

• La Sicilia / La Sicilia Italian Bakery & Cafe - 515 Westheimer Rd, Suite C

• Poke in the Bowl - 515 Westheimer Rd, Suite D

• Lease Pending - 515 Westheimer Rd, Suite E

• Nu-Cuts - 515 Westheimer Rd, Suite G

• Vacant / Available for lease - 515 Westheimer Rd, Suite H

• BB's Tex-Orleans Cafe - 515 Westheimer Rdm Suite I

k9kLW6P.jpg

Bunslut, a local hamburger food truck-turned-restaurant, is leasing a unit at 515 Westheimer Rd.

I am not certain which unit Bunslut will occupy. Also, I don't know when it aims to open. It's likely whichever space the restaurant is leasing will undergo some remodeling.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

The more retail going in this shopping strip, indicts more pedestrians   from North of Westheimer trying to get to them without using their cars.

so perhaps another raised crosswalk ( like the one by Katz) should be installed, for pedestrian safety.  Stanford street seems a likely candidate .

In the lower Westheimer improvement plan; a center island is proposed to prevent left hand turns-- not really sure  that provides pedestrian safety as much as a raised crosswalk would. Perhaps a flashing yellow light might help.

Hmmmmmm, Stanford goes from Allen Parkway to I 69- someday COH might need a thorough fare like that. Blocking it off with that cement island might be premature.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, trymahjong said:

In the lower Westheimer improvement plan; a center island is proposed to prevent left hand turns-- not really sure  that provides pedestrian safety as much as a raised crosswalk would. Perhaps a flashing yellow light might help.

Hmmmmmm, Stanford goes from Allen Parkway to I 69- someday COH might need a thorough fare like that. Blocking it off with that cement island might be premature.

Both are great in their own ways. The center island creates a shorter crossing distance and refuge. The raised crosswalk will slow down cars, but pedestrians would have to cross the entire width of the road at once. In this scenario, I think the center island is a better option. 

In response to the thoroughfare comment, drivers have both Taft and Montrose as N/S streets that actually have signals at Westheimer, W Gray, and W Dallas. It is not premature to close this to thru traffic since vehicles have those two corridors. Also, Standford is on the bike plan, so I dont think we would want to encourage a lot of cut-thru traffic down it. 

• Like 4

Isn't Taft a T-intersection at Hawthorne? COH has been know to spotlight/highlight/designate secondary " through" streets that are closely located to main through fares. The significance of such a designation I'm not quite sure. Before COVID Stanford was Such a street.

BTW

Stanford street leads north to many bars and restaurants around Pacific street. If there is an emergency of some sort.  HFD sends out Ladder trucks as well as EMT trucks to check out emergency since everyone on ladder truck is certified EMT. Those ladder trucks come from both East and West  of Stanford; most times using Westheimer. If those renovations and cement island proposal goes through.....HFD ladder trucks coming from west of Stanford could no longer turn left at Stanford.

Food for thought.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2024 at 3:48 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Bunslut, a local hamburger food truck-turned-restaurant, is leasing a unit at 515 Westheimer Rd.

I am not certain which unit Bunslut will occupy. Also, I don't know when it aims to open. It's likely whichever space the restaurant is leasing will undergo some remodeling.

On 2/1/2024 at 11:45 PM, hindesky said:

c8zeCwg.png

Bunslut received approval for permitting last week.

Below is a screenshot of the plan review inspection report.

Bunslut, a local hamburger food truck-turned-restaurant. It is leasing the 515 Westheimer Rd, Suite G unit. 

Kashou Architecture is the architect on record for the forthcoming renovations.

iFY0sjn.jpeg

2 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Bunslut received approval for permitting last week.

Below is a screenshot of the plan review inspection report.

Bunslut, a local hamburger food truck-turned-restaurant. It is leasing the 515 Westheimer Rd, Suite G unit. 

iFY0sjn.jpeg

A few days after receiving approval for permitting, several permits were purchased yesterday for 515 Westheimer Rd, Suite G:

• Structural permit
  • Certificate of occupancy
  • Development review
  • Health plan review

Details from the permits:

• Use: 837 sf convert to take-out restaurant 1-1-5-B-B '21IBC
  • FCC Group: Non-residential alteration

The permits are for Bunslut, a local hamburger eatery.

Structural permit

9P7UWE9.png

Certificate of occupancy

cBSA8qr.png

Development review

bMonEqY.png

Health plan review

1lSc69u.png

I guess Houston gets Bunslut, while the west coast (+Tokyo, London, etc…) has Eggslut .

image.jpeg

I wonder what the next slutty restaurant will be.

Dibs on Pickleslut!