PNC Plaza At 2200 Post Oak Blvd. & Mixed-Use At 2120 Post Oak Blvd.

lockmat

43 minutes ago, gene said:

wow! hope they start the development soon! exciting stuff!

No doubt it will since 2016 is following incredibly close to the record setting year of 2015 for hotel occupancy rates.

HotelsMar272016.PNG

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, nate4l1f3 said:

I'm confused.  Will this new Loews hotel be one of the buildings further up on the page that we've already seen a rendering of?

Maybe. It will at least be at that location. The poster didn't explain it but the address of the owner on HCAD is the same as Loews:

http://www.loews.com/contact/

• Like 2

The Perennial project has been searching for a national flag/brand for their hotel. It was never going to be the "Perennial" hotel. Seems as if they landed Loews. That's quite a coup. It's a solid brand with locations in NY, Boston, Philly, Chicago, LA, San Fran, Miami Beach, San Diego, St Pete Beach, Montreal, and Orlando. This will be Texas' first. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Triton said:

No doubt it will since 2016 is following incredibly close to the record setting year of 2015 for hotel occupancy rates.

HotelsMar272016.PNG

More hotel related news:

Here are the Top Five Markets For Hotel Projects in the Pipeline

NYC leads the US markets with the largest hotel construction at 187 projects in the pipeline, according to data from Lodging Econometrics. Houston (169 projects), Dallas (128), LA (94) and newcomer Nashville (89) round out the top five markets for hotel construction in the pipeline.

Marriott—set to be the largest hotel company in the world, after its Starwood merger—has the most projects in the pipeline for four of these five markets, being beaten only in Houston, where InterContinental Hotels Group has 46 projects.

• Like 8

Ahhh. Ive been hoping a Loews would come to Houston! We stayed at the one in Miami back in '09 and it was amazing. Granted it doesnt seem like this site would have enough space to have nearly as many "resort" style offerings. Hopefully they find a way to implement those fantastic amenities into a more urban style setting.

• Like 1

No idea, I'm not "in the know". I cant wait to get more details though.. Has anyone ever stayed at one of the more urban Loews to give us an idea of the amenities and layout?

The Loews I stayed at in Miami had a 2nd tower that I believe was dedicated to an Elemis Spa. Also had an Emerils restaurant on site. I dont expect this development to have the sprawling landscape/water features/huge pool area/etc like the Miami one, but I'm hoping the development will still be extravagant.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hmm.. I dont care for the pool placement (its kind of small too). If/when the office component is built, it will be hiding in the shadows of the surrounding buildings. Id rather it be overlooking the Post Oak corridor. Oh well. We knew this wouldn't (couldn't) be an elaborate resort style Loews, I just hoped the amenities would have a greater focus than what appears in the video.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2016 at 2:09 PM, Triton said:

HotelsMar272016.PNG

Update from June... 2016 continues to be a close record year for hotels (2015 is current record holder):

HotelsDec32016.PNG

Edited by Triton
  • Like 4

On 7/6/2015 at 1:25 PM, Urbannizer said:

170 hotel units, 276 apartment units.

More info: http://www.wylieassociates.com/?sec=projects&sec2=mixed%20use&project=091

So the hotel went from 170 units to 455 units. 

7 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Ruh roh, residential levels cut and a toned down design.

http://www.hidisecurity.com/portfolio/#/loews-regency-houston/

Loews+Regency+Houston.jpg?format=1500w

To be honest, I like this design better. No, its not as tall (admittedly I am a sucker for height), but for some reason the design and overall cohesiveness fits better with a Loews branded hotel to me, and the street presence is much nicer. Loews doesn't strike me as a hotel that would like being relegated to the bottom of an apartment tower. And the podium appears to have much more room for some of those over the top amenities Loews typically offers. Is the podium larger, or is the tower footprint just that much smaller? It kind of makes me wonder if they didn't axe the office tower and extend this property over that lot?

I see what you're saying lockmat, and I can't say I'm too knowledgable on Loews more urban hotels, but the one I've stayed at in Miami had a sprawling complex to house all of its amenities. In the previous design there didn't seem to be nearly enough room for much more than standard hotel offerings.

• Like 1

^^^ @lockmat imo, the far left tower appears to be a full residential edifice which shall include corner balconies.  the outer / exterior design appears to match the LOEWS ultra modern exterior to some extent.  nonetheless, a 455 room count is huge, and the amenity ladened podium base is quite justified and balanced.  just a very well designed ultra-luxurious hotel that houston needs at this time.  this gorgeous new LOEWS along with the forthcoming RITZ-CARLTON, as well as the highly anticipated W HOTEL, shall catapult houston straight into the gateway city stratosphere.....  

• Like 1

I know I'm in the minority on this but what a s h * tty design. Really disappointing. It looks like the architects got bored with project and just slapped earth tone colors to a mid sized box and for character put a skirt of glass around a double tall trailer. I mean is this all well paid architects can come up with? Leaving overseas cities out of this, Dallas, San Fran, Miami and Chicago, among others, all have ground breaking designs and we get left with D-student designs who couldn't make the cut anywhere else. That's my inner thoughts.

Rant over.

My public thoughts are: It's okay but little imagination. It beats an empty lot.

Edited by wxman
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, monarch said:

^^^ @lockmat imo, the far left tower appears to be a full residential edifice which shall include corner balconies.  the outer / exterior design appears to match the LOEWS ultra modern exterior to some extent.  nonetheless, a 455 room count is huge, and the amenity ladened podium base is quite justified and balanced.  just a very well designed ultra-luxurious hotel that houston needs at this time.  this gorgeous new LOEWS along with the forthcoming RITZ-CARLTON, as well as the highly anticipated W HOTEL, shall catapult houston straight into the gateway city stratosphere.....  

lower your expectations, buddy. i'm not sure any of these "forth-coming" hotels are breaking ground anytime soon.

• Like 3