River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd. & 4702 Westheimer Rd.

No no no, that's Post Oak next to the galleria, according to mattress mack, that's the rodeo drive of Houston.

This won't become Rodeo Drive until you can drive through there and spot celebrities inconspicuously walking around in conspicuous shades and hats.  Let's hope James Harden and Khloe are still on good terms.  A Kardashian spotting or two would turn this into a tourist attraction, lol.

Some of the places in ROD will have $1000 jeans.

There is a reasonable argument for the frugality of buying, say, a $500 pair of Alden's that will last 10+ years instead of 5-10 $150 pairs of cheaper dress shoes over the same time period. Or a $250 pair of raw denim jeans that will look good for years.

No such argument can be made for a $2000 pair of John Lobb's. That's just something where you have to have so much money that you won't miss the extra $1500.

Edited by Angostura

This won't become Rodeo Drive until you can drive through there and spot celebrities inconspicuously walking around in conspicuous shades and hats. Let's hope James Harden and Khloe are still on good terms. A Kardashian spotting or two would turn this into a tourist attraction, lol.

Please no! During the All Star game or final something Drake and all the celebrities shut down the Galleria area. Cops were blocking all exits on the west loop and even 59. Took hours to get home from work.

Please no! During the All Star game or final something Drake and all the celebrities shut down the Galleria area. Cops were blocking all exits on the west loop and even 59. Took hours to get home from work.

Yeah, I know, but that happened because everyone of a certain demographic (age, taste in music/culture) congregated at one confined indoor location in anticipation that half the basketball & hip-hop stars in America would be at that one place during that one weekend.  That's a little bit different from celebs of various backgrounds randomly strolling through a high-end retail development.  Some fans will still show up, but it won't be any worse than hanging out at Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica, or...Rodeo Drive.

Is there anything kid-friendly about this development? Just curious?

100 percent NO.

(there is a small kids clothing section inside Stella Mccartney however where one outfit cost as much as my last vacation) ;) 

I'm not sure, but I'm excited to know what flag is going there. And Tilman Fertitta bragged earlier this week that the flag that will fly at The Post Oak will be Houston's most expensive, and second to none. And remember, a high rise hotel/resi is slated for the pad next to the new Saks Fifth Avenue. So we do know this, two possibly three new luxury hotels are coming to Uptown Houston soon. Awesome.

No hotel component here. It'll be a residential high-rise with office space.

• Like 1

^^^ wow really??  so when did they decide this?? OM officials have been stating beforehand, that this particular site was designated "luxury hotel space".  did circumstances change??  here is a small excerpt as per the OLIVER MCMILLAN website regarding ROD PHASE II.... The new 3.4-acre site, adjacent to River Oaks District and located at the northwest corner of Westcreek Lane and Westheimer, will be developed as part of Phase II of River Oaks District. The 455,000 square-foot expansion will complement the existing site and the greater Houston-area with 190,000 sf of state-of the-art office space; 150,000 sf devoted to a luxury hotel; 90,000 sf of contemporary residential space; and 25,000 sf of retail. 

i didn't realize there was an office component with it, but yeah.. no hotel. he forgot to mention hotel/residential tower proposed next to BBVA Compass tower though, so theres still at least those 3, not counting the one time "W" proposal at Uptown Park. or the couple year old hotel/residential proposal at Post Oak/San Felipe. or the hotel thats supposably a Ritz north of this tower. looks like the 610W has more than its fair share of high end luxury hotel/residential tower proposals. if only a few would be lured to downtown.. btw, have there been any more rumors of this being an Equinox lifestyle hotel?

^^^ wow really??  so when did they decide this?? OM officials have been stating beforehand, that this particular site was designated "luxury hotel space".  did circumstances change??  here is a small excerpt as per the OLIVER MCMILLAN website regarding ROD PHASE II.... The new 3.4-acre site, adjacent to River Oaks District and located at the northwest corner of Westcreek Lane and Westheimer, will be developed as part of Phase II of River Oaks District. The 455,000 square-foot expansion will complement the existing site and the greater Houston-area with 190,000 sf of state-of the-art office space; 150,000 sf devoted to a luxury hotel; 90,000 sf of contemporary residential space; and 25,000 sf of retail. 

that was in reference to the bolded comment Urb quoted talking about the residential tower planned behind the new Saks at theGalleria.

• Like 1

that was in reference to the bolded comment Urb quoted talking about the residential tower planned behind the new Saks at theGalleria.

^^^ yes, i know.  it's just that i had NEVER referenced anything regarding this particular tower being exclusive residential.  when was this decided?  are there any relative official statements from OM??

^^^ yes, i know.  it's just that i had NEVER referenced anything regarding this particular tower being exclusive residential.  when was this decided?  are there any relative official statements from OM??

Oliver McMillan doesn't operate the Galleria, but there might be something from Simon who does. The hotel is still part of the plan for River Oaks District, but not for the proposed tower near Saks Fifth Avenue at the Galleria.

• Like 1

Oliver McMillan doesn't operate the Galleria, but there might be something from Simon who does. The hotel is still part of the plan for River Oaks District, but not for the proposed tower near Saks Fifth Avenue at the Galleria.

^^^ much obliged as per your contribution rayjay.  however, i am referring only to the HI RES renders shown above for ROD.  i think that our great pal urbannizer caused a bit of confusion when he referred to the development as "here" as opposed to "there" in reference to the galleria proposal.  therefore, getting back to the ROD PHASE II development, i would now assume that it is still designated as per a LUXURY HOTEL / w RESIDENTIAL.... i would LOVE to know the brand name??  why did they suddenly come forth with these new HI RES renders.... are they about to reveal the actual brand??  inquiring minds would just love to know.....