Pasadena Homeowner Kills Men Burglarizing Neighbor's House

cottonmather0

I feel sorry for him. At least I'm glad they no-billed him. It's a victory for the common working man. For people tired of crime. Tired of our "system" that arrests criminals and then turn them right back out on the streets. Tired of illegal aliens coming into our country with the intent to steal from us. Tired of criminals outnumbering our police. Tired of laws that protect the criminals more than the victims.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel sorry for him. At least I'm glad they no-billed him. It's a victory for the common working man. For people tired of crime. Tired of our "system" that arrests criminals and then turn them right back out on the streets. Tired of illegal aliens coming into our country with the intent to steal from us. Tired of criminals outnumbering our police. Tired of laws that protect the criminals more than the victims.

Hmm...people got pissed when Obama said this.

I'm tired of those tired people. I'm a common working man, and this is no victory for me.

All of this was a tragic event, there were no winners. Both parties were wrong.

Yes, all of us are sick of these type of thugs and they did get what they deserved, however cops are paid to do a job not us do their jobs. This was just another old school redneck dude from old KKK Pasadena era. Many of these old timers lived in the older part and just moved further away to get away from minorities. (Good luck)

Aside from all that he should have minded his own business (simply call 911) and stop trying to be a vigilante. Again, there were no winners here.

PS, (If this were another major city there would be buildings on fire and cars being overturned) :mellow::)

Walton and Johnson show has an IDIOT for a newsman. The guy that reports the news for them siad that Joe Horn told the police that , "He was going out to kill the two men." and got off anyway. Show me where Joe said, "I am going out to kill them!" What a moron.

Joe, sell the McMansion, move your family to Austin and go live a happy anonymus life somewhere other than here. God Bless you sir !

Surprises me as well. I thought he would be indicted, but through the "legal process" would walk with a hung jury as the DA would not be able to get 12 jurors to find him guilty. My CHL instructor preached repeatedly do NOT dischage your weapon unless your life or those aroud you are in mortal danger. To do otherwise only insures a remaining lifetime of civil suites. I wonder if Joe's lawyer buddy handled this pro bono???

Now to pay off my wager, i have to go buy a good friend an A&W / Bluebell ice cream float..... :(

Witness Protection Program? :mellow: He will need it.

I would not even want to be standing near that man. His guilt will destroy him. No mercy here.

From the article I read in the post he feels regret (I cannot judge whether he does or not).

For all those people that are really flippant about this topic, I think it is a sad state of affairs. I mean, two people are dead (rightly or wrongly) and another man has this on his conscience for the rest of his life. I think somewhere he even said he would have done things differently.

Surprises me as well.

Really? I'm surprised at the number of people who are surprised!

Now to pay off my wager, i have to go buy a good friend an A&W / Bluebell ice cream float..... :(

Even though we didn't bet on it, you can buy me a float too. Sure is hot out, good root beer float weather. :lol:

Walton and Johnson show has an IDIOT for a newsman. The guy that reports the news for them siad that Joe Horn told the police that , "He was going out to kill the two men." and got off anyway. Show me where Joe said, "I am going out to kill them!" What a moron.

If the tape recording of the 911 call revealed that Horn told the dispatcher, "I'm gonna kill 'em.", who would you call the idiot (all in caps) then?

If the tape recording of the 911 call revealed that Horn told the dispatcher, "I'm gonna kill 'em.", who would you call the idiot (all in caps) then?

I would definately have to turn that finger back at yo... I mean ME!

I will admit he said it. I heard it, he said it. I'm an IDIOT ! I apologize to the newsguy.

I truly don't remember him saying that before when I heard the tape. I will save the arguement of under what context ,I think he said it, for when we are sittin at the bar. :wacko::blush:

I'm siding with the 911 Operator (just like almost every new network). You don't kill over property, especially if it is not your own. Horn was told not to go outside and not to confront the criminals. He made it up in his mind that he was going to kill them.

They both were running away from Horn. That is why they were shot in the back. I mean, unless people run backwards nowadays.

His life was not in danger. If it was, it was at his own accord, since he went outside to those criminals.

What they did was wrong, yes, but Horn is not the law and it was not his property.

I agree, you don't kill over property. If someone is actually IN my house, that's a different story though. I don't know their intentions, and I don't intend to find out with my wife and baby under the same roof. But I don't even own a gun so that's not the point. I do have a big stick ready...

Anyway, I just wish that people had reason to be scared enough not to do stupid things like steal from other people. Clearly they aren't deterred by the moral issue, so bring on fear. Right now their chances of being caught (or hurt/killed) are so ridiculously low that there is no fear. This is one case out of tens of thousands of burglaries in Houston where the thieves got the short end of it. Statistically they are still winning by a wide margin. This is Texas, be an idiot at your own risk. No, I'm not saying they "deserved" what they got, but with the number of homeowners who are also gun owners in this state, you take your own chances going into someone else's house to steal something.

The real thing that bothers me, is the media is quickly to label Joe Horn as a "vigilante" or "murderer", but when they speak of the two that got shot they are "victims" and they were "supposedly" burglarizing the neighbors home. I think at this point two things are certain, these two men were not out collecting for the United Way, they in fact were burglarizing this home. They had items and cash from inside the home, and they did not have the home owners permission to me removing it through the side window of the house. And yes Joe Horn shot them both dead. Right or wrong Horn has not been convicted of murdering them, so the label as a "Murderer" is unjust. They do not call OJ a murderer in the media, and like it or not, he very probably was involved in the crime in which he was accused and acquitted of. However the prosecution failed to prove it's case and he walked free, as well he should have, because the case they put up against him was a joke in all reality. The prosecutors in that case should have been lost their jobs for bungling that case so terribly, and they very well may have, and went on their prospective book tours.

In the case of Joe Horn being a "Vigilante", I find that hard to swallow. If he would have been pulling a Charles Bronson (Death Wish 1,2,3,4,5......) type scenario, I could buy that label, but he didn't do that. No matter what smack he talked on the phone, he was just a scared man that panicked when he confronted these two men, and shot them dead. Right, wrong, or indifferent, he did what he did. Horn was also no billed, so labeling him a "Murderer" is not correct either. Was he ever even charged with anything? I don't think he was ever officially arrested or charged.

Now enters the Quanell Evans factor again, now that national media is back on board, and now he produces a common law wife for Ortiz. During this original ordeal, Torres' girlfriend came forward with Quanell, but not a peep out of this alleged common-law wife. Now yesterday she appears out of nowhere, giving interviews with a very strange smirk on her face. Click on the 2nd Video, she just has a strange look about her as she's talking. Somehow I smell a wrongful death civil suit in the mist, spearheaded by Quanell and his Attorneys, for a small fee of course. Which in this society is their right to do so. Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't wager against me if you're a gambler.

And if the media fades on this, so will Quanell Evans again, as he always does, he no more give a damn about those two men or these two women, he's only interested in getting "his" racists agendas on the television, nothing more. He says he's a leader in the "New Black Panther Party', well I tell you this, he's not a pimple on the backside of Huey P. Newton and Bobby Seale. And I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the NBPP has no real affiliation with the original group founded by Huey P. Newton and Bobby Seale. Sounds like a bunch of renegades that split from the Nation of Islam more than likely. I guess Quanell Evans has come a long ways from being a small time crack dealer down in Sunnyside and Southpark. Don't get me wrong Evans has actually done some good deeds in his life since becoming this "so called" civil leader. He's assisted in a couple of murder cases being solved, and he's done some good things in the Houston community that I am sure we are all unaware of, a lot of that reason being he tends to get his hatred speech going every time a camera turns on. He's seems to be educated, and well spoken, but his agenda is unclear at times. If he were to allow more of the good things he does make it to the spotlight, instead of the circus sideshow he insists on putting on, he may get his point across to more people. I honestly think if Evans would find his own voice and quit trying to be Farrakhan, he would be taken more seriously.

1) Google the definition of "vigilante".

2) Listen to the 911 recording.

3) Marvel at how neatly Mr. Horn fits the definition.

4) Watch Mr. Horn wear the shoe that fits so well.

Using different words does not change what he did, regardless whether the law gets involved. Sorry if you do not like the term, but Mr. Horn earned the title.

1) Google the definition of "vigilante".

2) Listen to the 911 recording.

3) Marvel at how neatly Mr. Horn fits the definition.

4) Watch Mr. Horn wear the shoe that fits so well.

Using different words does not change what he did, regardless whether the law gets involved. Sorry if you do not like the term, but Mr. Horn earned the title.

To each his own. I call him a hero.

None of this would have happened of those guys didn't CHOOSE to rob the house.... if the idea of being shot to death makes you feel yukky then don't rob houses. I'm not saying this will keep you from ever getting shot, but it will reduce your chances. How hard is this to understand?

None of this would have happened of those guys didn't CHOOSE to rob the house.... if the idea of being shot to death makes you feel yukky then don't rob houses. I'm not saying this will keep you from ever getting shot, but it will reduce your chances. How hard is this to understand?

I don't think anyone has trouble understanding that. It doesn't matter. Joe Horn told a cop he would go outside and shoot two men, the cop told him not to, he went outside and shot them in the back, and a Harris County grand jury said that's OK. Maybe it's harder to understand why that is disturbing, but think about it. Is this the world you want to live in?

I don't think anyone has trouble understanding that. It doesn't matter. Joe Horn told a cop he would go outside and shoot two men, the cop told him not to, he went outside and shot them in the back, and a Harris County grand jury said that's OK. Maybe it's harder to understand why that is disturbing, but think about it. Is this the world you want to live in?

Hmmmm, a world where two career criminals finally get their just desserts for all the other people they have most likely violated over the years, and NOW can't violate anyone else? Yeah, I am OK with that world.

Let me guess, you think Joe Horn is a bigger menace to society then the two punkasses that got killed, don't you ?

Hmmmm, a world where two career criminals finally get their just desserts for all the other people they have most likely violated over the years, and NOW can't violate anyone else? Yeah, I am OK with that world.

Let me guess, you think Joe Horn is a bigger menace to society then the two punkasses that got killed, don't you ?

You guessed wrong. I think a world where burglary is a capital offense and premeditated murder isn't even a misdemeanor is seriously messed up.

Yes. I want neighbors that will defy the advice of a 911 dispatcher, then shoot and kill people that steal things from me, and that pull the trigger only once the criminals are off of my property so as that I have absolutely no legal liability in the matter.

Now in all honesty, I can't say that I'd do that same thing for a neighbor (because I don't want to get sued), but I most definitely would welcome someone as watchful, considerate, and ballsey as Joe Horn living next door to me. The more of them the better!

You guessed wrong. I think a world where burglary is a capital offense and premeditated murder isn't even a misdemeanor is seriously messed up.

What is messed up is that you think Joe's actions were premeditated. If ANYTHING was premeditated, it was the preceeding robbery that led up to their disposal.

So, you rather have the two illegals who are robbers living next to you, rather than Joe Horn. No worries.

What is messed up is that you think Joe's actions were premeditated. If ANYTHING was premeditated, it was the preceeding robbery that led up to their disposal.

So, you rather have the two illegals who are robbers living next to you, rather than Joe Horn. No worries.

They were premeditated. He said himself "I'm going to kill them". Is that not premeditated?

Archived