Car Talk → 2022

Subdude

I actually don't think it's that bad...I just saw the prices though -- typical Porsche !!  $73K starting for the Turbo.....$53K starting for the S

Could that be Houston in the pic ??

Good god y'all!  $73k?!  I move in different automotive circles, obviously.

The F-Type is nice.  Pre-reviews have been very positive for that one.

That Porsche is hardly a thing of grace and beauty. 

Did you notice this:

P13_0827_a5_rgb.jpg

I saw a film crew wrapping up a photo shoot downtown for a small SUV back on October 26th. It might've been this vehicle, though I thought I spied a BMW kidney grille outline under the wraps. I may have been wrong.

definitely photoshopped/rendered.

note directly under the car the pavement is blurred so it looks like the car is moving, then at the cobbled crosswalk, the blur inexplicably (or inexorably) stops. it must be amateur hour over at Porsche, if they made such an obvious cutoff line for their blurred road.

definitely photoshopped/rendered.

note directly under the car the pavement is blurred so it looks like the car is moving, then at the cobbled crosswalk, the blur inexplicably (or inexorably) stops. it must be amateur hour over at Porsche, if they made such an obvious cutoff line for their blurred road.

no people anywhere either....

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, that Mustang looks much more impressive from the angles in these pics than the one that was in the Chron's autos section a couple of days ago. And they finally added IRS, bringing it up to parity suspension-wise with the current-generation Camaro. 

Wow, that Mustang looks much more impressive from the angles in these pics than the one that was in the Chron's autos section a couple of days ago. And they finally added IRS, bringing it up to parity suspension-wise with the current-generation Camaro. 

I think those pics are the concept car -- not the actual production version....

• 1 month later...

Same basic bodyshell, and I assume same engines.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  

To be honest, I was surprised that GMC was kept alive after GM's bankruptcy when they purged other GM brands.  It's never really sold unique vehicles, and doesn't have the brand footprint of Chevrolet.