Williams Tower At 2800 Post Oak Blvd.

DaTrain

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is definitely something white or silver being applied to the very top of this building. I am not sure I like it.

For the first time I can clearly see this silver'ish color change on the crown from my balcony.  I highly suspect its related to a new lighting feature to be unveiled Thanksgiving night at the Uptown Holiday Lighting.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure when it started back up but it's definitely up and running again. Hard to tell since this is a long exposure but you can clearly see it lit up here (shameless plug):

23794141109_699e719fd6_k.jpgWilliams Tower by Bryan Malloch, on Flickr

Plug away. At least you don't make us click on the link to view the image like some people make us click their twitters. You know who you are.
  • Like 8

Is that from SkyHouse?

Great photo btw.

Thank you, sir.  Indeed it is from Skyhouse.  21st floor to be exact.

Plug away. At least you don't make us click on the link to view the image like some people make us click their twitters. You know who you are.

Haha thanks.  I try to be viewer friendly.  :D

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The beacon is back on and much more visible on the drive in from Sugarland.  

http://swamplot.com/why-the-williams-tower-beacon-was-off-last-fall/2016-02-05/

According to a representative of the tower’s property management office, the beam stayed dark during difficulties finding the correct kind of bulb for the fixture.

“The top of the building has been enclosed in scaffolding for several months, and the light has been dark.  It seems much brighter this time, and perhaps aimed a bit lower.”

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised that no one posted this little blurb from the Chronicle back when it originally came out. Like the Chase Tower, similar claims that the tower could have been taller if but for FAA regulations though that couldn't seem to be verified in original reports. Some good insight into the construction though as well as decent construction photos.

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2013/03/could-the-64-story-transco-tower-have-been-even-taller/

Edited by ChannelTwoNews
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I worked on this building for a year as an HVAC apprentice with a journeyman. I also worked on Allid Bank Plaza downtown. The view looking down is from the mechanical room in the penthouse before the beacon was designed and installed. It was also just before the granite wall was built. I just retired from the trades after many years. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...