Houston City Centre

WesternGulf

WOW. STUNNING.

This is SO much more impressive than the Scamrock. I also noticed that it was under mixed-use and that several renderings had it just east of the Chase Tower. This looks to be in the 800 foot range. Let's hope it's a hotel/residential/office/retail mix.

Talk about spurring development...

Yes, the website has other renderings that place it at Texas & Main, but it is also listed under commercial/mixed use

Utterly gorgeous!

And so tall!

WOW. STUNNING.

I think it must be the designer need to include spot lights in all the renderings, looks exciting that way huh! :lol:

Who thinks it won't get built?

Someone should post a Google satellite map of downtown and mark the construction sites of current developments and rumored future developments. It would be a fun way to keep track of things since there's a lot going on and rumored to be happening.

Walt Disney used to host a weekly show documenting the progress of Disney Land as it was being built. I wish we had a show like that.

I think it must be the designer need to include spot lights in all the renderings, looks exciting that way huh! :lol:

Yeah, and why are all the streets on fire? Did a volcano erupting pahoehoe sprout up nearby?

Looks okay, but nothing compared to the little green turrets and spires that we could have had.

WHY COULDN'T THEY BUILD THE SHAMROCK?!!!!!!

Man, I hope you're being sarcastic!

I definitely hope this would mix all four uses. The way that Mandarin has hotels opening in Chicago, Dallas, Boston, and Las Vegas in the next two years has me hoping. Especially when looking at the Chicago and Dallas designs with the same concept.

Edited by WesternGulf

Call me old fashioned & unappreciative, but I wish (if it were to be built) it would go straight up, and not curve out.

i think it is an interesting building, and a unique aspect would be added to the skyline. If every building is the same, the city begins to look boring.

Maybe this is the secret project the mayor was all giddy about a couple months ago?

Oh yeah, and would this be considered one of the last seedy blocks on Main? In one of the articles about downtown recently, something was mentioned about a project being planned for one of the last "seedy" blocks on Main. I think it might have been when Discovery Tower was announced.

Call me old fashioned & unappreciative, but I wish (if it were to be built) it would go straight up, and not curve out.

In Houston (a the current time) you have to take what you can get. If they want to build let them! I really like it though, If its close to HP it could become like Houston's little Times Square.

If its close to HP it could become like Houston's little Times Square.

Why is it that so many people on HAIF and in this city have this compulsion to compare anything built in downtown Houston to something else in NYC?

Btw, this is at a standard four-way intersection, like exist in hundreds of other places downtown. For a square to work as a square, there must be a place for people to congregate.

:ph34r: a little off topic, but since houston has so much more room, and NYC is basically at capacity, do you think houston could ever catch and pass NYC in total towers/people, also when? and how about the other chicago and LA as well.