Fourth At Navigation: Multifamily At 2404 Navigation Blvd.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Montrose1100 said:

Glad to see this thing rise. The elevator shafts are commanding a presence on the 59 approach to Downtown.

Notice that yesterday.  Made me start wondering  how long before  more  some mid rises  start dotting  Eado skyline 

• Like 8

On 6/15/2020 at 1:27 PM, Moore713 said:

Notice that yesterday.  Made me start wondering  how long before  more  some mid rises  start dotting  Eado skyline 

What is your take on claiming this to be inside EADO. Being someone that lives in this neighborhood, I get upset at the over use of EADO when really this project lies inside the East End District. 

• Like 1

Personally, conflating "EaDo" with "East End" annoys me (especially when their are distinct boundaries), but I've come to live with the fact that it's inevitable. I trust EEMD will keep with the subtle reminders such as signage, event names, etc., while people will go around doing/saying their own thing regardless.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, truebluez said:

What is your take on claiming this to be inside EADO. Being someone that lives in this neighborhood, I get upset at the over use of EADO when really this project lies inside the East End District. 

Developers and real estate agents will call an area whatever they want, regardless of recognized and/or historic neighborhood and management district boundaries. “EaDo” is being pushed as a trendy, up-and-coming area so naturally they will take liberty with the boundaries and say pretty much anything in the general area is “EaDo,” even when it’s on the other side of the Bayou in Fifth Ward. 

It’s the same reason The Heights now apparently reaches all the way over to Hempstead road. . .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thedistrict84 said:

Developers and real estate agents will call an area whatever they want, regardless of recognized and/or historic neighborhood and management district boundaries. “EaDo” is being pushed as a trendy, up-and-coming area so naturally they will take liberty with the boundaries and say pretty much anything in the general area is “EaDo,” even when it’s on the other side of the Bayou in Fifth Ward. 

It’s the same reason The Heights now apparently reaches all the way over to Hempstead road. . .

And the same reason my house was promoted as "EaDo", when I'm Greater Eastwood. 

It's funny how hard they push EaDo. When people ask where I live, I've tried explaining down the list. Eastwood, East End, East Downtown, North of UH, even EaDo, and every suburbanite looks at me funny. I've stuck to landmarks. Vaguely Soccer Stadium-ish, more like Original Ninfas usually sends voltage to their lightbulb.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Montrose1100 said:

It's funny how hard they push EaDo. When people ask where I live, I've tried explaining down the list. Eastwood, East End, East Downtown, North of UH, even EaDo, and every suburbanite looks at me funny. I've stuck to landmarks. Vaguely Soccer Stadium-ish, more like Original Ninfas usually sends voltage to their lightbulb.

I had trouble telling some people where I lived when I lived downtown - I would say "downtown" and they would ask where and I'd say the part with the tall buildings

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 6/18/2020 at 8:26 AM, Montrose1100 said:

I just say that I’m in Second Ward. It really throws recent transplants off.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still hoping there is more than blank space.

Seems odd to hire an interior design firm with more restaurant/bar experience than commercial/residential work to do your building and not use their full potential.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to EaDo Navigation: Mixed-Use by Marquette Companies
On 7/27/2020 at 10:02 AM, ljchou said:

Interesting. GFR will be on canal, or just interior?

Walked the building today. GFR definitely on the Canal side. Not sure what is going on on the Navigation side.

Building is fully topped out now. Two floors of windows installed. Framing for the asthenic elements is being put in.

20200808_110425.jpg

• Like 9

Forgot to upload this after I did my walk of the building. This area, off McAlpine across from the Boys and Girls Club, was completely bricked off earlier.

Anyone care to guess what it's for (aside from Harry Potter's advanced Cupboard under the Garage Ramp)?

20200808_195951.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Walked by today and noticed that the Canal St. facing GFR looks to have one of the orange COH Inspection stickers on it. Will try to pop over there after the workers are gone to see if it is in anyone other than Marquette's name.

Also, if I recall Marquette bought the building housing Alamo Tamales back in late November as part of Phase 2 of this project. Alamo now has a new all-black paint job on the wooden portion of the building and new utilities boxes up front. Some form of remodel is underway.

Update: they aren't COH inspection stickers. Just very similar looking bills.

Edited by JBTX
Update
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...