Sign in to follow this  
Nothing but me and my Cadillac

Commerce Towers

Does anyone have info on the Commerce Towers in Houston? I found a good-sized apartment there for $280,000, and it looks like a great place!

What does everyone think of it?

I think you should take your $280,000 and get a nice new 3000 sq.ft. David Powers home in Katy. That guy has some nice designs. You should look into Woodcreek Reserve.

http://www.davidpowershomes.com/ViewCommun...?Communityid=35

• Like 1

I think you should take your $280,000 and get a nice new 3000 sq.ft. David Powers home in Katy. That guy has some nice designs. You should look into Woodcreek Reserve.

http://www.davidpowershomes.com/ViewCommun...?Communityid=35

If you haven't found out by now, suburbs are overrated and they are cheap for a reason.

Nothing but me and my Cadillac, you might want to check out har.com under higrise condominiums. And search under your price range. http://har.com/cs_highrise.htm

Does anyone have info on the Commerce Towers in Houston? I found a good-sized apartment there for $280,000, and it looks like a great place!

What does everyone think of it?

Recently I spoke with someone who lives there and they really like the building. Regarding buying in the suburbs, compare increases in real estate prices of those properties to inner loop properties over the last several years. The inner loop has consistently done better.

One point to remember is, when prices get soft high rises units are the first to fall and the last to come up. With that being said, high rise prices have enjoyed a large percentage increase over the last several years.

I would move into Commerce in a heart beat if it was within my budget.

I park at 1001 McKinney.

Some of the Commerce Towers balconeys face into my parking space. You could actually jump the small space in between (maybe 2 ft.)

Kinda tripy, but sure would be nice and quiet after work and on the weekends.

As an ex-concierge for Commerce Towers let me say this... There is very nice homeowners there. All the maintainence employees commented that the " building is in shambles....couldnt pay me to live here"...etc. I have personally witnessed at least 8 or 9 floods due to plumbing in the one year i worked there. In a high rise when one floor- floods, the water finds a way down to the next and so on. The staff is micro managed, valets are illegal aliens but since theyre sub contracted not even a criminal background check is done, let alone proper social security verifaction. the pool will not stay clean, i guess all the polution in the downtown air settles on top. Hardly ever even seen anyone at the pool- maybe once or twice in the year i worked there. I would definately live elsewhere. way overpriced and will never sell.

Historic Downtown Residential Tower Slated for a Redo

https://realtynewsreport.com/2020/02/07/historic-downtown-residential-tower-slated-for-a-redo/

HOUSTON – (Realty News Report) – Commerce Towers, a historic residential high-rise in downtown Houston is getting ready for its close-up.

Premier Towers LP, owner of the 25-story building, says a “major makeover” is in the pipeline. The 140-unit property includes a mix of rental units and owner-occupied condominiums.

The building, 914 Main Street, was originally constructed in 1928 by Jesse H. Jones, a real estate developer, businessman and former publisher of the Houston Chronicle.

Purchased in 1999 by Premier Towers LP, Commerce Towers has undergone one other renovation completed in 2004. Each individual unit is unique to the building, with square footage of up to 4,500 SF, a large size home which is a rarity in downtown. The smallest units are about 1,300 SF.

With a total of 140 units, 71 units are owned by Premier Towers LP, including multiple built-to-suit penthouses, and the remaining units are owned by individuals.

“We’re excited about the changes that will be implemented in order to support the long-term vitality of the property,” said Nosson Dubin, Vice President of Business Development. “Our goal is to enhance the Commerce Towers experience for our current and future residents.”

While the timeline and specific details have not been disclosed, the renovations will include modern updates to the lobby, major improvements to the amenity areas such as the pool deck, workout room and party rooms, and exterior renovations that will preserve the historic appeal of the building.

With a total of 140 units, 71 units are owned by Premier Towers LP, including multiple built-to-suit penthouses, and the remaining units are owned by individuals.

• Like 4