Urbannizer

Australian Developer Planning Three High-Rises for Midtown

houstontexasjack    1,227
37 minutes ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Yes.  There was mention of the Green Sheet land as well.  Maybe it is not available?

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/08/10/exclusiveaustralian-developer-acquires-more-land.html

The owners of the Greensheet building sold the adjacent land but have plans to develop the building according to the article. However, there was a brouhaha over leaked renderings of the base of Caydon’s other towers. Perhaps Caydon is still trying to cut a deal for the Greensheet building.

ekdrm2d1    2
9 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/08/10/exclusiveaustralian-developer-acquires-more-land.html

The owners of the Greensheet building sold the adjacent land but have plans to develop the building according to the article. However, there was a brouhaha over leaked renderings of the base of Caydon’s other towers. Perhaps Caydon is still trying to cut a deal for the Greensheet building.

Thank you.

ekdrm2d1    2
36 minutes ago, Naviguessor said:

Ya know there's a button for that. 

Down and to the right. Looks like a heart. 

Does it work? Some of the site features are currently broken.

Is there a donation thread for HAIF? To help fund the server costs and maintenance time. I'd be glad to chip in a few bucks.

MarathonMan    427

Activity on The Greensheet building at McGowan and Main — 2 blocks north of the Caydon construction site.  Are they gutting the inside to prepare it for demo (making way for The District?) or are they doing renovations?

01CBE67D-3BBB-490F-8392-59DBF4871B10.jpeg

Houston19514    2,458
8 hours ago, MarathonMan said:

Activity on The Greensheet building at McGowan and Main — 2 blocks north of the Caydon construction site.  Are they gutting the inside to prepare it for demo (making way for The District?) or are they doing renovations?

Pretty sure they are renovating.  https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/08/11/more-details-revealed-about-midtown-building.html

Urbannizer    33,406

"https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Caydon-buys-more-land-for-Midtown-mixed-use-13107614.php

Australian developer Caydon, now building a high-end residential tower in Midtown, has acquired an adjacent parcel to complete what it says will be a three-block mixed-use development.

The company purchased a 30,000-square-foot property at 2711 Main. The site houses an art supply store, which will relocate in early spring 2019, the developer said Thursday.

"It's a phenomenal accomplishment for Caydon to secure the third parcel which brings us one step closer to delivering an exciting mixed-use district in one of Houston's most lively neighborhoods," Caydon principal Joe Russo said in a statement. "Caydon takes pride in creating developments that encourages a sense of community and supports people's health, happiness and a desire for a convenient lifestyle."

Reporter    255

Does this have anything to do with those beautiful renderings that were posted a few months ago and then disappeared off the face of the earth?

(P.S. I saved all of them):ph34r:

ekdrm2d1    2
14 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

"https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Caydon-buys-more-land-for-Midtown-mixed-use-13107614.php

The art store owner and I actually spoke about this last weekend. Nice lady. 

houstontexasjack    1,227
2 hours ago, Reporter said:

Does this have anything to do with those beautiful renderings that were posted a few months ago and then disappeared off the face of the earth?

(P.S. I saved all of them):ph34r:

I guess this explains why they were so touchy about them being released...they didn't own all the land associated with the buildings in the renderings and would have been concerned about the owner driving up the price based on the renderings. HCAD has a handy new parcel search tool, and it looks like another entity owns the eastern half of the Art Supply block, so Caydon has one more land deal to close before we can get another public view of their northern towers.

enriquewx91    689

Driving on 45S in downtown over the Buffalo Bayou, the presence of this building is very much noticeable.

UtterlyUrban    1,525

This developer, unlike too many in Houston:  1) announces, 2) quickly flattens, 3) quickly digs, and 4) immediately builds.

its nice to see a developer who doesn’t announce, flatten, then wait 3 years or 5 years or more to build.

i hope that they are wildly successful!

cspwal    2,140

I noticed yesterday that it's starting to be visible when coming around the Pierce elevated - and I pictured 3 high rises there and it's going to change the skyline completely  

ekdrm2d1    2

Here at the site. wow how is this rising so fast? Bet they have a whole lot of boots on the ground.