Alexan Midtown: Multifamily At 2310 Main St.

kbates2

They put up a fence shortly after I posted this:

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/22649-more-coming-to-midtown/?p=472127

The owner of Club Limelight is building a Vegas-style outdoor lounge and club.

How old is this fence? This is the property across the street. There's also a portapotty on site.

15114296940_e00a3369e4_h.jpg

2014-09-20 11.38.51 by marclongoria, on Flickr

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! Definitely a hot corner right now. This rendering quite a bit more involved than the one that I saw. Are they still looking at a 9 month delivery?

This also shows the Camden Apts at the Superblock opening 2016.

That fenced-in building across the street should look pretty neat: 

http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listing/Profile/Profile.aspx?LID=18872119&SRID=4904773490&StepID=101 

02e476a10c694ecd9bb5294812fcc5f2.jpg038b3f1b04604a28b8f932c9afd3b1cb.jpg

Also, word on the street is that Trammel is going to build another midrise just north of the one going up right now at Main and Hadley. Where will I ever sell my gold from now on?!??!!

Is that the lot with the gas station on it?

Wow, it's awesome that development is finally pushing toward the Expreso and Greyhound stations. I wonder how much time is remaining on the Shell station's lease. And I imagine they might have some issues getting those gas storage tanks removed.

Yes, the whole block including the gas station

I've never had to remove gasoline tanks on a project, I imagine theres some soil/environmental considerations to consider; but from a construction standpoint--- I would imagine its pretty easy and quick. 2-3 extra days. 

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a question for you Purdue....there is a new townhouse development going in on the East side...they have cleared the block and started the pads for the town homes....on a part of the lot where they haven't put pads, they have dug a deep (probably 15-20 feet) perfectly square/recatangle hole in the ground (the sides are perfectly vertical), they had some kind of survey equipment in the hole yesterday when I drove by -- and idea what this is for?   I will try to get a pic when I go by the next time.

• Like 1

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a question for you Purdue....there is a new townhouse development going in on the East side...they have cleared the block and started the pads for the town homes....on a part of the lot where they haven't put pads, they have dug a deep (probably 15-20 feet) perfectly square/recatangle hole in the ground (the sides are perfectly vertical), they had some kind of survey equipment in the hole yesterday when I drove by -- and idea what this is for?   I will try to get a pic when I go by the next time.

Yeah, try and get me a photo. Im curious as well. Unless it's a huge town-home, Id be interested to know why theyre digging so deep. 

Yeah, try and get me a photo. Im curious as well. Unless it's a huge town-home, Id be interested to know why theyre digging so deep. 

Finally got a pic - they have done a lot more with the "hole" since I saw it last, they added the brickwork and filled in some dirt...Im wondering if it's maybe a pool ??

post-30-0-44445600-1413737791_thumb.jpg

Edited by HoustonMidtown
  • Like 2

So when is the Cadillac dealership finally gonna move out and sell to another residential developer? Its officially sandwiched in and out of place.

When the superblock retail is built out across the street, with the Reef/Proof building to the west, and Mongoose/Cobra/Leons Lounge to the east, that dealership totally destroys all continuity of what could be a continuous 3 block walkable stretch of activity.

So when is the Cadillac dealership finally gonna move out and sell to another residential developer? Its officially sandwiched in and out of place.

When the superblock retail is built out across the street, with the Reef/Proof building to the west, and Mongoose/Cobra/Leons Lounge to the east, that dealership totally destroys all continuity of what could be a continuous 3 block walkable stretch of activity.

It would be nice if they did something like Audi did with the multi story building, and sold the rest of the land to a developer.

Wow, it's awesome that development is finally pushing toward the Expreso and Greyhound stations. I wonder how much time is remaining on the Shell station's lease. And I imagine they might have some issues getting those gas storage tanks removed.

I don't see them moving anytime soon only hope is a developer with deep pockets buying them out.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't found anything mentioning this, and I'm unsure if this is related to whatever activity is on the webster side.

I was talking to a couple of employees at that station and it seems like the owner purchased the entire plot the station was on and they are due to shut down in December.

anyone know what's going on with this block?

• Like 2