lockmat

One Market Square: Proposed Office Tower for Block 43

What's that building towards the left that's about 70% vacant?

EDIT:I'm talking about post #300

Edited by Sky-guy

Portend: to indicate by signs; to foreshadow

Yes, but one doesn't just portend. One portends something.  To indicate [something] by signs.  To foreshadow [something].

• Like 1

What's that building towards the left that's about 70% vacant?

EDIT:I'm talking about post #300

Keep in mind that the graphic in post #300 is almost a year old and therefore (as alluded to by Swtsig above) pretty seriously outdated.

Yes, but one doesn't just portend. One portends something.  To indicate [something] by signs.  To foreshadow [something].

Right. That was my point. I have no idea what that graphic was supposed to mean.

Bam!

houston-cbd-skyline-q1-2013-web*600.jpg

Yup that's it. So what are all of the numbers now since this graph is from last April? I thought One Allen Center and Pennzoil Place are still among the worst performers. (That's why Brookfield is having to renovate OAC to stay relevant).

Although the information is from last quarter, these charts provide some of the newest numbers for downtown Houston:

http://www.joneslanglasalle.com/ResearchLevel1/Houston_Office%20Insight_Q4%202013.pdf

http://www.joneslanglasalle.com/ResearchLevel1/Houston-Office-Highlights-Q4-2013-JLL.pdf

As you can tell, the last article still mentions Chevron building their next tower mid-2014 so clearly we'll have to wait another month or two to get the Q1-2014 information which should have the latest information.

(Jones Lang LaSalle is the same organization that created the above graph).

Sorry to repost but I thought this was interesting for a Q4 2013 report:

dMKmG3q.png

So long as they can pre-lease half of the total square footage (whatever is it), this building will go up.  It would be great if they can pre-lease all of it, but half will do.  That goes for Five Allen Center as well.

Of all the buildings in the "potential" category, I like this one the most. It would be one of the next notable Houston skyscrapers.

• Like 1

Of all the buildings in the "potential" category, I like this one the most. It would be one of the next notable Houston skyscrapers.

you really think International Tower would possibly be Houstons next "notable" skyscraper? you dont like 609 Main...? one is just a box with a curve on one side.. the other is a uniquely angled 3d polygon. both will/would have LED lighting...

dont get me wrong. I.T. used to be my favorite design of the new proposals, partly because of the curve and the long strip of color changing LEDs, but i think 609 Main will be the more timeless classic design in the long run.

• Like 1

keyword, "potential". 609 main seems to be going ahead/UC

Ah. I agree it seems to be going ahead. But definitely isnt u/c yet. True. I kind of wish we would get that 42 story tower at Herman Place, with the twist.

• Like 1

Completion dates...? I find it hard to believe all these office towers will move forward. I think a 2Q 2017 completion for International Tower means a groundbreaking sometime this year.

12976604225_7500f903b1_b.jpg

the most unlikely is Allen Center... there is no way that is happening. Their attitude is "we need it 40% leased for it to be a go". With all these projects coming along, there are too many options for companies wanting downtown space, many of which are under construction. I would love to see international tower built and kick off soon!

Source? Is it closer to happening?

New info and development map I just received, it's not online yet. They also posted bidding information of this project on a construction bidding site, but you need an account to view it.

This is great news. This is the last remaining lot surrounding Market Square. Now if only they could add a hotel component to this it would be perfect.

• Like 1

This is great news!! I assume they are keeping the existing rendering?

I still believe now is the time to build. Houston may not need to 'grow' as much office space that is proposed, but the new space will fuel aging properties to lower rents or rennovate their spaces. All and all, I think the new office space is a good thing and it is not necessary for any of us to worry about at this time.

I love the location of this one. 41 floors is OK, but I am still wanting a super-tall.

• Like 1

This is great news!! I assume they are keeping the existing rendering?

I still believe now is the time to build. Houston may not need to 'grow' as much office space that is proposed, but the new space will fuel aging properties to lower rents or rennovate their spaces. All and all, I think the new office space is a good thing and it is not necessary for any of us to worry about at this time.

I love the location of this one. 41 floors is OK, but I am still wanting a super-tall.

Yes, now is the time to build. Right now, there isn't enough Class A space in Downtown if a large company wanted to move here. I think it's okay if the occupancy rate dips down under 90% every now and then. I love this location too, but I don't think it's right for a Super-tall. I would want a Super-tall to be built more in the center of downtown.

New info and development map I just received, it's not online yet. They also posted bidding information of this project online, buy you need an account to view it.

There you go again having great information! Great work as always Urbannizer. You already have great sources and you always dig up hidden news. You should look into reporting! You already spend so much time keeping us updated you might as well get paid for it haha.

Speaking of the new development map, I noticed the Chron article about the expanded incentive program mentioned 13 new residential developments announced for downtown since the program started. The March 2014 map shows 10, including Fingers' Ballpark(which I thought was announced before), adding the new complex in south downtown it's still only 11. Are there 2 additional developments on the new map? Sorry for going off topic and thanks again!

• Like 1

This is very exciting but I just wonder, with the rest of you, just how feasible this is. I mean there is A LOT of new Class A space coming up with 6 Houston Center, 609 Main and Capitol Tower to name a few. 

Party pooper.

We have to still be realistic at the same time.

One Market Square, eh? Lockmat was right.... this sounds like a One Park Place's twin.

How is it like One Park Place?  Commercial vs Residential.  At worst this tower will have ~250' height on the OPP and a significantly larger per floor footprint.

How is it like One Park Place?  Commercial vs Residential.  At worst this tower will have ~250' height on the OPP and a significantly larger per floor footprint.

Whoops wrong tower. Didn't realize we were talking about International Tower.

• Like 1

LOL To be fair, Swtsigs has plenty of bursting-champagne-bottle posts him/herself.

• Like 1

I think it is feasible because they may have got a tenant.  We do not need all tall skyscrapers over Market Square with no sun light!  Good for the summer!  But 609 Main was 41, then 47, now 49 flours.  So I believe they have a tenant.  Tenants want LEED silver, gold, or platinum office buildings.  That is why BG Group Place and Skansa off Post Oak had no tenants.  They are now sold a fully leased.    

LOL To be fair, Swtsigs has plenty of bursting-champagne-bottle posts him/herself.

I know, I love swtsig, my post was a testament to the validity of his insider information, when he says a project is a go, its a go, when he says its not its not.

Thus the disappointment when I read his post. :lol:

• Like 1

Obviously a lot of this info is not quite right...

If indeed this is the case... how would we know?