GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

I agree. This is a complete hoax cooked up by a Vast Left Wing Conspiracy. You can tell because the city bent over backwards to grant the developers a TIRZ. As we can now all see, the city has been completely overtaken by Baby Killing Gay Homosexual TIRZ Granting Liberals.

Gee whiz, LTAWACS, I assumed your AWAC had that all figured out-or not. :lol:

B)

[bTW, this thing is going to be built :) ]

I was in Lufkin this weekend for a wedding and I was talking to one of the guest. He stopped me and asked me if they had broken ground yet I said to what he said the pavilions downtown. He is all excited about that and cant wait for it to be built. He tells me that his family drives down to Houston's Galleria for Xmas shopping, and that his family has been doing so since the early part of the last century. Of course they have not shopped downtown for some time now and if this project gets built the tradition of shopping in houston downtown will finally continue. He thinks this project is wonderful.

Of course, I must explain he is the exception, for his family has been part of Lufkins well to do for many years. For those of you who don't know Lufkin is a small city of about 35,000 in its city limits and the area although a little depressed by the exciting of Lufkin Industries the town has all the typical shoppes you can find in the Houston area.

He has been shopping in the galleria area sice the early 1900's?:huh:

Get real!

They have been shopping as a family for Xmas in Houston were ever it may be. The shift of course was to The Galleria once that was built. He is glad the shift and other choices will be in the downtown.

Edited by eelimon

The Shops at Houston Center, aka the Park, is about to undergo a serious redesign/upgrade (including a "plug and play" area where people can plug in their ipods, laptops, and phones). I suspect that this is taking place in reaction to the upcoming competition from the Pavillions.

The Shops at Houston Center, aka the Park, is about to undergo a serious redesign/upgrade (including a "plug and play" area where people can plug in their ipods, laptops, and phones). I suspect that this is taking place in reaction to the upcoming competition from the Pavillions.

yup and they are trying to make it were it is easily accessible via the street level on the side that butts to the park

And a lot of dead pedestrians, too. The crosswalk on the left is in the left TRAFFIC lane!

Actually the traffic lane with the car is about to run up on the sidewalk.

Wait a minute, this isn't the Pavilions. it's a screen shot from Grand Theft Auto!

I heard that the Houston Pavilions is a NO GO! I heard this from my friends that work downtown. So, another one for Houston.

Houston need to change it's name to, Letdown, TX.

Uh, yeah, semipro...here's how I responded to LTAWACS:

I agree. This is a complete hoax cooked up by a Vast Left Wing Conspiracy. You can tell because the city bent over backwards to grant the developers a TIRZ. As we can now all see, the city has been completely overtaken by Baby Killing Gay Homosexual TIRZ Granting Liberals.

Gee whiz, LTAWACS, I assumed your AWAC had that all figured out-or not.

[bTW, this thing is going to be built]B)

So your downtown friend? Are they in the know? Or just someone who likes the sound of his/her own voice?

B)

I'm for real. I told him about the project, Houston Pavilions. I was just talking and talking away about it, then he just cut me off and said "Listen, word going around that the Pavilions is a No Go." He said his boss knows people that dealing with the project.

And he didn't tell me what's the reason for it. I just told him, "That's Houston for ya."

Edited by houstonsemipro

I'm for real. I told him about the project, Houston Pavilions. I was just talking and talking away about it, then he just cut me off and said "Listen, word going around that the Pavilions is a No Go." He said his boss knows people that dealing with the project.

And he didn't tell me what's the reason for it. I just told him, "That's Houston for ya."

So, you heard from a friend, who heard from his boss, who heard from someone dealing with the project, who heard from the developers.....

Down at the courthouse, we call that fourth hand hearsay....HIGHLY reliable information. <_<

I asked my cat...she said she hasn't heard a thing...but what does she know anyway?

B)

I heard that the Houston Pavilions is a NO GO! I heard this from my friends that work downtown. So, another one for Houston.

Houston need to change it's name to, Letdown, TX.

Bummer dude!

I would not listen to what Houstonsemipro After all he is not really a Professional only a Simulation of one. Hence the name HoustonSEMIPRO .

Plus take a look at how his story seems to evolve it sounds made up to me.

Hummmmmm?

So, you heard from a friend, who heard from his boss, who heard from someone dealing with the project, who heard from the developers.....

Down at the courthouse, we call that fourth hand hearsay....HIGHLY reliable information. <_<

Good Point RedScare

So your downtown friend? Are they in the know? Or just someone who likes the sound of his/her own voice?

B)

nmainguy I think HoustonSEMIPRO is the one who likes the sound of his own voice, or in this case the sound of his typing.

Unless you are actually an employee of this project I wont believe the bull____ that you write. Otherwise no one should be spreading rumors like this on this forum

This:

fvb3pl.jpg

opt1_view1.jpg

will be built

Edited by eelimon

And while were Nit-pickin', why are there skyscrapers on the right in the far off distance? It looks like a Downtown.

i think it is a rendering phenomenon. case in point - the rendering below of the house appears to be a somewhat secluded italian villa, when in reality, it is a jump away from the neighbors, with hardly any trees... :rolleyes:

fypete.jpg

Hey, whatever you say dude. I really don't care what you say about me.

If there's no movement between now and next spring, don't be surprised, cause I told y'all so. Then you going to see how good Semi really is.

you know semipro, alot of people said the same thing about the Pavilions project in downtown Denver. Many sad and believed it would never happen. But look what happened? It did. The exact same thing is happening in downtown Houston right now that was happening in Denver a while back (At the end of the 90's). Houston is more like a downtown Denver in the making right now.

Edited by scarface

^lol at your "typo".

you know semipro, alot of people said the same thing about the Pavilions project in downtown Denver. Many sad and believed it would never happen. But look what happened? It did. The exact same thing is happening in downtown Houston right now that was happening in Denver a while back (At the end of the 90's). Houston is more like a downtown Denver in the making right now.

Good point scarface, people act like only in Houston projects take a while, are cancelled, or have speculation about them.

EDIT: Oh and welcome to page 15!

Edited by YakuzaIce

Listen. I want this project to go forward. Houston needs it, downtown needs it. But, I was just telling y'all what my friend told me about it, that' all. Then y'all jumping down my throat.

Listen. I want this project to go forward. Houston needs it, downtown needs it. But, I was just telling y'all what my friend told me about it, that' all. Then y'all jumping down my throat.

This is not the only time you have been negative a bout a project on this forum. In fact this is not the first time you have said this project was cancelled. you have been saying that for a couple of pages on this thread now you just need to have patience.

And from what I can remember on the first page of this thread or was it on the 2nd or 3rd or was it the 4th were ever it was said on this thread. I think it was first mentioned that it may not get off the ground until late this year and or spring of 2006.

And with the redesign I am sure that it is delayed a few months. I would expect to hear. I only said hear. I would expect to hear a public announcement form the developer that this project is going to be built later next year. the best scenario would be to hear the press release from the developer next month, but I have true hopes for this to get built