BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

They're moving painfully slow finishing up the retail portion. So much for the 'Opening Early 2014' on the sign at the intersection. The Whole Foods website says the store will open Summer 2014. At this rate, that'll be September.

I have a friend who works at the Whole Foods Kirby and yep they confirmed this weekend that August 9th or there about would be the opening of Whole Foods Market Post Oak... OMG this really is a delayed project!!! Geez! haha

It already is. Westheimer is already unbearable as it is and they usually have police trying to direct traffic at Post Oak. Keyword: trying. They sometimes seem to cause more problems than they solve, especially with the amount of confused drivers we have in this city.

Ultimately more segments will need to be made one way like west alabama. It will be interesting to see how a suburban layout ultimately deals with urban development. Late last year they had the traffic counting ropes all over the place in uptown. I can't help but think they're looking into how to alter the logistics to make things work better.

• Like 2

A number of new office buildings under development could draw some of the law firms away from the city's business district, according to a report from commercial real estate firm Jones Lang LaSalle, citing new space in BLVD Place near the Galleria, Kirby Grove in the Greenway Plaza area and a new building at CityCentre near Interstate 10 and the Beltway.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/columnists/sarnoff/article/Hotel-takes-design-up-a-notch-5355734.php?t=27118b20c8f1bd0534

Hopefully this mean more high rises are developing in BLVD place

^^ Hotel Perhaps??

i believe the plans were to have around 1 million sq feet of office space (this is the only one im unsure of..), 1000 residential units, and 300 hotel rooms. how many units does Hanover have? like 300? were looking at 2 more residential towers, and a hotel tower, along with the 2 planned office towers for the Apache complex.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't want to make a separate thread for this, but i heard from a "source",  that the older apartment complexes at 800 Post Oak between Uptown Park and Camden Post Oak condos are set for demolition in the near future.  Has anyone heard mentions of this as well?

I didn't want to make a separate thread for this, but i heard from a "source",  that the older apartment complexes at 800 Post Oak between Uptown Park and Camden Post Oak condos are set for demolition in the near future.  Has anyone heard mentions of this as well?

Randall Davis has been attempting to buy that complex out. Not sure as to the success of that endeavor. 

March 25th, 2014 - All Unit Owners/Members , Inverness Townhome Association

Re: Commercial Contract B Unimproved Property dated July 17, 2013, by and between Inverness Townhome Association as Seller and Randall Davis Company as Buyer, as amended (the "Contract")

As you may know, the closing of the above referenced Contract set for Friday, March 21, 2014, did not take place. The Association acting in its capacity as Trustee for the unit owners tendered performance to the title company in accordance with the terms of the Contract. However, the Buyer failed to perform and did not tender payment by good and valid funds. The Association did receive the earnest money which under the latest contract extension was agreed to be non-refundable and released to the Association.

Therefore, the condominium regime was not terminated. The Association shall continue to operate and administer the property commonly known as Inverness Townhomes. The individual "distribution" statements and leases are not valid and of no force and effect.

The Board of Directors will "reach-out" to several prospective buyers who have informally contacted them in the upcoming weeks. The Board of Directors will present any written offers to the unit owners with its recommendations. At least eighty percent (80%) of the unit owners must approve any new contract to sell the property.

The Board of Directors had previously waived the March 2014 assessment. The Board of Directors has also decided to waive the April 2014 assessment. However, as of Thursday, May 1, 2014, all unit owners shall be obligated to begin paying their monthly maintenance assessments again.

The Association will be sending notice of the 2014 Annual Meeting in the next few weeks. The Annual Meeting will provide an opportunity for the Association to provide more specific information regarding the closing that did not occur, as well as a discussion regarding potential new offers.

Edited by richfish

I finally got a new phone with a good camera, so I can finally take pictures again. They aren't great - still learning how to use it and it's still a cell phone, after all. Threw in a panorama from my balcony which shows the cranes at the BHP Billiton and Astoria sites as well (never had a camera with a panorama function before, and was testing it out).

20140412_103008_zpsbd7ae7d5.jpg

nhjW8eO.jpg

JNJ1oa3.jpg

Edited by Golyadkin
  • Like 9

I finally got a new phone with a good camera, so I can finally take pictures again. They aren't great - still learning how to use it and it's still a cell phone, after all. Threw in a panorama from my balcony which shows the cranes at the BHP Billiton and Astoria sites as well (never had a camera with a panorama function before, and was testing it out).

Nice shots. I live in the lofts too. Hoping it takes a while for that old retail at Moes that Zadok bought last year to get developed so all our views don't get ruined. 

My thoughts exactly.

Also, Zadok bought that land?

Dec 2012. I don't think they intend to develop it short term. Just looking for cash-flow and a longer term capital gain investment, but that's just a hunch of mine. Given when they bought it and prices today, they may make a tidy profit flipping it to a developer. It does seem like the most run down shopping center on post oak and probably the most prime candidate for redevelopment.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/sarnoff/article/Jeweler-buys-prime-Post-Oak-parcel-4120336.php

• Like 1

there just aren't enough adjectives to describe, how simply stunning this new high tech lighting sequence is as per BLVD PLACE.  brijonmang, you have outdone yourself...  simply beautiful! 

Edited by monarch