Yeah the just seem beefier for lack of better words. Also do they have parking like 609 main will have?

Chase and Wells (and Pennzoil, One Shell, Bank of America, etc.) do not sit on above ground parking podiums, although they do have a very limited amount of parking in the sub basement levels.  Chase does have a garage across the street that was built at the same time; its upper floors at one time housed the "back office" functions that don't take as much square footage now. 

Chase tower - 1,656,529

Wells Fargo Plaza - 1,721,242

Did you get these from Costar? I wonder what would account for the Chase tower number being so much lower than the oft-published figure of 1,980,000. Certainly the building doesn't have that much common area, that it would be a GBA/NRA difference. I wonder if the larger figure included 601 Travis across the street, which I see has a surprising 415,390 SF (office + retail). Maybe the 1.98M was the office space total of the two buildings together....

interesting, the Hines website says it's 1.7 million square feet, but the building's website (linked from the Hines site) says 1.98 million square feet of gross office building space

I wonder if maybe the owner allocated a chunk of 600 Travis to 601 Travis. There is no way that 601 Travis has 415,000 SF on just 3 or however many floors. That's almost the size of the Hilcorp tower.

I wonder if maybe the owner allocated a chunk of 600 Travis to 601 Travis. There is no way that 601 Travis has 415,000 SF on just 3 or however many floors. That's almost the size of the Hilcorp tower.

The building is listed as 20 floors with 12 floors of parking, so about 8 floors of lease space, at least some of which are almost 53,000 square feet. There's also lease space on the ground and tunnel levels.

The building is listed as 20 floors with 12 floors of parking, so about 8 floors of lease space, at least some of which are almost 53,000 square feet. There's also lease space on the ground and tunnel levels.

There is additional space in sub basements - that's where Texas Commerce Bank ran its back of the house operations, and where the armored trucks come in to this day.  

Think of it as a TARDIS.

I wonder if maybe the owner allocated a chunk of 600 Travis to 601 Travis. There is no way that 601 Travis has 415,000 SF on just 3 or however many floors. That's almost the size of the Hilcorp tower.

it does - it has 7 true office floors of which 4 of the floor plates are around 65-70K RSF.