Five Oaks Place/Woodside: Office Tower At 1500 Post Oak Bvd.

fernz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Coming back from the Sam Houston tollway to 59 in to town is such an incredible view up on that high level exit to 59.

The medical center downtown and the galleria are starting to look not so far apart. The BHP Billiton building and its cluster really

looks good from out there. As the new wave of high rises in Montrose, Greenway Plaza/River Oaks area get taller the galleria and

downtown are looking more and more like a smaller version of Manhattan. Now don't any one get there panties in a wad but I'm just

saying in 50 years it will be just like NYC's skyline minus a couple of hundred story buildings. Its amazing how from out there you can really see the three areas getting closer to each other. Pretty amazing when you see all three areas from that location.

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 2

Coming back from the Sam Houston tollway to 59 in to town is such an incredible view up on that high level exit to 59.

The medical center downtown and the galleria are starting to look not so far apart. The BHP Billiton building and its cluster really

looks good from out there. As the new wave of high rises in Montrose, Greenway Plaza/River Oaks area get taller the galleria and

downtown are looking more and more like a smaller version of Manhattan. Now don't any one get there panties in a wad but I'm just

saying in 50 years it will be just like NYC's skyline minus a couple of hundred story buildings. Its amazing how from out there you can really see the three areas getting closer to each other. Pretty amazing when you see all three areas from that location.

It is by far the best view of the skyline/s.

attachicon.gifNYC v Houston.PNG

It looks like Manhattan is a bit bigger than the diameter of 610, and about double the width of downtown

How'd you make that map? I'd like to see how Manhattan would look rotated to fit basically between i-10 and 59. I guess we would lose the med center, but gain the galleria and the energy corridor, correct?

Remember also that the NYC skyline is rapidly changing as well.  So maybe in 50 years Houston might resemble Manhattan as it is today, but even that might be a stretch.  It really comes down to bridging the old midtown gap in the areas you listed, but as we all know there are some very old and extremely wealthy neighborhoods there that fight tooth and nail anytime a high rise goes up anywhere near them.  It'll be interesting to see if greenway continues to expand along 59.  Also depends on how many businesses continue to move to the Energy Corridor, Memorial city, and westchase.  As the property values skyrocket in these areas, I think more businesses will stay in the city.

• Like 4