Texas Children's Hospital Pavilion For Women/TMC Garage 21 At 6651 South Main St.

feufoma

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any new updates on this project? TCH must have really strong financial backing to buy out a hotel, a bank, and demo them to the ground to start this project. Anyone have any idea how much Bellows is charging to do the GC work?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's called density. wink.gif

I like it!

We left enough room for SLEH Medical Towers to get their window washing equipment in there. TCH has no windows on that side of the building until level 6, after it steps back. SLEH Medical Towers has only parking on those levels anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree that the design seems kind of boring on the Fannin side, but on the Main side it's starting to look more interesting. Here's a drive-by iPhone photo I took of some curved glass on the Main side.

img0038bk.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I drove by this building a couple days ago, didnt take any pics, but I thought it was strange how one side is reddish colored glass, and the other is blue. I cant stand that red glass granite stuff, makes it look like it was some crap that came out of the 1980s.I dont remember, what exactly was there before this?

Edited by photolitherland

I drove by this building a couple days ago, didnt take any pics, but I thought it was strange how one side is reddish colored glass, and the other is blue. I cant stand that red glass granite stuff, makes it look like it was some crap that came out of the 1980s.I dont remember, what exactly was there before this?

It's the TCH color scheme. It's become an element of their branding. ...which is kind of nice, since most institutions and/or buildings in the TMC aren't stylistically consistent. You could say that it's all the same but in a different way.

• Like 1

I agree that the design seems kind of boring on the Fannin side, but on the Main side it's starting to look more interesting. Here's a drive-by iPhone photo I took of some curved glass on the Main side.

img0038bk.jpg

The Fannin Sreet side will not be so boring once the bridge is complete. The bridge will actually cross Fannin Street twice.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...