Texas Children's Hospital Pavilion For Women/TMC Garage 21 At 6651 South Main St.

feufoma

• 1 month later...

I was riding my bike around TMC the other day and that bridge looks absolutely freakin amazing. I cant wait til its done. It looks very futuristic and I love it so far. I am still not very crazy about the color scheme of the glass and building but oh well, its better than the schlock that was there before this building.

I was riding my bike around TMC the other day and that bridge looks absolutely freakin amazing. I cant wait til its done. It looks very futuristic and I love it so far. I am still not very crazy about the color scheme of the glass and building but oh well, its better than the schlock that was there before this building.

Mr. photo has no photo update for us??? ;)

^

I plan on going downtown tomorrow if I can get my car out of the repair shop. But unfortunately I go back to Arkansas where I go to school on Sunday (only one semester left in the hell hole) and I may not be coming back for quite some time to Houston, since Im applying for jobs out on the East Coast, hopefully Philly! I am a traitor. :(

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The only thing better would be to plant sedum (a low water, low maintenance, low weight garden choice) across the roof of it for some relief and 'connection' in the concrete scene that the people above will survey.

This rendering shows some greenery on top of the walkway...

image-custom.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The official opening for the TCH Maternity Center was today, and there's been a fair amount of attention paid to it locally.

Hospital President & CEO Mark Wallace discusses the center in his latest blog post. (w/video)

The Houston Business Journal provides a capsule version of the post and some brief bits on the project in general. (w/slideshow)

The Chronicle takes a look at the hospital and what it will mean in terms of added services for both mothers and their children.

Edited by ChannelTwoNews
  • Like 2

Haha. I didn't see it glow yet. I didn't realize it was just officially open now. I know the building has been open for some time (at least the skybridge and the floor with the cafeteria and Wells Fargo bank).

• Like 1

It's not permanent. See below from TCH site.

A circular two-story sky bridge connects Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women to the hospital’s other patient care buildings. On Monday evening the signature bridge glowed bright blue from temporary lights illuminated to celebrate in the arrival of the first baby. Through Fri., March 30th, the lights will glow in a combination of pink and blue, in honor of all the babies born during Texas Children’s first week of labor and delivery services.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • The title was changed to Texas Children's Hospital Pavilion For Women
  • 5 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Texas Children's Hospital Pavilion For Women At 6651 South Main St.
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The original woman's banner in the TMC.  Years later, The Woman's Hospital of Texas put up a similar banner.

From what I've read, the Baylor College of Medicine's OB/GYN team located in the TCH PFW is the best in the city.

Picture I took today:

fEckPuT.jpeg

• The title was changed to Texas Children's Hospital Pavilion For Women/TMC Garage 21 At 6651 South Main St.