Houston Premium Outlets Developments

citykid09

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The weather was really nice yesterday, check back in August!!

Go early in the morning, wear appropriate clothing, stay in the shade, the stores are air conditioned, make it work and don't fear the heat...sweating is good for you...I golf in the heat all the time (well, some of the time anyway), pretty sure my wife will shop in it. The outlet malls in San Marcos are far more spread out and offer much less shade, they don't have any problems packing 'em in in August.

I love to sweat. I hate this dry weather. If I want dry weather I'll move to the desert.

I doubt if I ever visit the mall, and I could walk there in about 10 minutes. I only need a few stores, Academy, Kroger and Spec's.

Hmm..

Actually if you have paid attention the least bit during the last 2.5 years I've posted on here I live in Tomball ISD in Montgomery County. I'm just next to The Woodlands. I probably treverse Houston and NW Houston more in a week than you do in a month. Plus I go to the University of Houston so yes, I do make my way around the roads. And as to NW Houston, I grew up there and still manage the house as a rental property in Cypress off Huffmeister for my father. Is that "Cypressy" enough for you? FYI - all people who live in or near The Woodlands don't live in a perpetual bubble. You could use that analogy for people anywhere really.

Well keep in mind that the person who originally referred to the "gangbangers" in this thread isn't even from NW Houston but is rather from Woodlands. THAT should explain quite a bit.

Preppy to me is NOT Hollister.....now that's funny.

If it is those standards sure have fallen to include $12.99 shirts.

Try Brooks Brothers, J. Crew, Jos. A Banks, Tommy Bahama, Lacoste.......

Actually if you have paid attention the least bit during the last 2.5 years I've posted on here I live in Tomball ISD in Montgomery County. I'm just next to The Woodlands. I probably treverse Houston and NW Houston more in a week than you do in a month. Plus I go to the University of Houston so yes, I do make my way around the roads. And as to NW Houston, I grew up there and still manage the house as a rental property in Cypress off Huffmeister for my father. Is that "Cypressy" enough for you? FYI - all people who live in or near The Woodlands don't live in a perpetual bubble. You could use that analogy for people anywhere really.

I don't know if you were replying to me or not, but you certainly seem like a person who's experienced the diversity that Houston has to offer. To casually denigrate shoppers out-of-hand as "gangbangers" based on superficial reasoning seems out of character for such a cosmopolitan person. I'm sorry if I offended you.

LoL so true. For that matter whatever you saw at Katy Mills more than likely wasn't "gangbanger" either. But hey scary kids are scary kids.

Try Brooks Brothers, J. Crew, Jos. A Banks, Tommy Bahama, Lacoste.......

Ha! You're right, I had never heard of Hollister but looked up that it is owned by Abercrombie & Fitch so I assumed it was preppy a la A&F...turns out it is more the Old Navy to A&F's Banana Republic....

I actually wish we could get a J Crew out here, even if it is an outlet...I have always liked the way thier clothes fit...

Where do you live? Katy Mills has a J Crew outlet, and a Brooks Brothers for that matter as well.

In Cypress north of 290...If I am gonna drive to Katy might as well drive to the Galleria and go to the real store...

I guess so, but only if you like paying full price. Then again if you are a bona fide "prep" money is no object.

Ha, not because I am a bonafide prep (I don't think many preps in the truest sense of the word live outside River Oaks, Memorial, West U, etc., and no one I know "summers"), but because I just don't buy that many clothes, maybe one shopping trip every 6 months. My wife is a different story, send her to the outlet mall...

• The title was changed to Upscale Outlets Planned For Cypress

Archived