Houston Premium Outlets Developments

citykid09

^^Went with a friend. Maybe a friend outing?

Give the Cypress Outlets time, the "wannabe gangbangers" will come. Of course, maybe the heat will keep them away.

They aren't all wannabees (at Katy Mills), but a lot (majority) were raised in Katy, but claim other parts of Houston and try to act hood.

But yeah, the exact same thing is going to happen to the Cypress Outlets. Give it a few months.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...But yeah, the exact same thing is going to happen to the Cypress Outlets. Give it a few months.

I think it will be a lot more than a few months before the outlets start looking like Katy Mills.

Though with an impressive lineup of stores like Bugle Boy - It's amazing Katy Mills looks so dead in this picture.

Katy Mills:

Katy-Mills1TX.jpg

Houston Premium Outlets:

600xPopupGallery.jpg

Per the property managers, the new Outlet Mall had the biggest opening two weeks in Simon's history and is setting records upon records for sales.

Personally, I'll wait until the huge crowds subside. I was hoping to see a Ralph Lauren outlet at this location. :( perhaps they'll open one or relocate the Katy store.

While I don't doubt what Trae said, the brutal Texas heat will limit loiterers, IMO. They much prefer A/C.

I'm telling you, no movie theatre (cheap dollar/hr. entertainment) and no A/C means no wannabe thugs...

at least not for a long time (longer than a few months...)

Also, I don't think the stores really cater to that demographic much...

I was hoping to see a Ralph Lauren outlet at this location. perhaps they'll open one or relocate the Katy store.

There is Brooks Brothers which inspired Ralph Lauren.

I think it will be a lot more than a few months before the outlets start looking like Katy Mills.

Though with an impressive lineup of stores like Bugle Boy - It's amazing Katy Mills looks so dead in this picture.

Katy Mills:

Katy-Mills1TX.jpg

Houston Premium Outlets:

600xPopupGallery.jpg

Let's be fair, one picture is from a grand opening weekend, and the other is the first image that pops up from a quick google image search.

Let's be fair, one picture is from a grand opening weekend, and the other is the first image that pops up from a quick google image search.

I often wonder where all the hood rats come from when I go to Katy Mills. Truth is it's a weekend destination trip for most people when you think about it. They don't live in the area, not all of them, seems to me those people, and a lot of other people will be making the trip to the newest outlet mall in the area.

Katy Mills:

Katy-Mills1TX.jpg

Houston Premium Outlets:

600xPopupGallery.jpg

What a dumb comparison. Opening week for Cypress to anytime of day for Katy Mills. Katy Mills is packed every weekend. Why didn't you post this of Katy Mills?

toc_cvr0100.gif

And no movie theater does not mean those wannabe's won't be there. They just walk around and hang out. No need for a movie theater. No A/C? Who cares? Hang in the shade, and if it is nighttime, it doesn't matter.

What a dumb comparison. Opening week for Cypress to anytime of day for Katy Mills. Katy Mills is packed every weekend. Why didn't you post this of Katy Mills?

toc_cvr0100.gif

And no movie theater does not mean those wannabe's won't be there. They just walk around and hang out. No need for a movie theater. No A/C? Who cares? Hang in the shade, and if it is nighttime, it doesn't matter.

I don't think so, the shade and darkness here in Houston won't make you sweat any less in July, August, and September. But who knows, you could be right...maybe I underestimate the thuggies tolerance for extreme conditions under which to hang around and be worthless...

has anyone ever been to an outdoor shopping venue in the suburbs where there is a large wannabe thug presence?? I know they aren't at Market Street in the Woodlands...are they present at Sugarlande Towne Centre?

I don't think so, the shade and darkness here in Houston won't make you sweat any less in July, August, and September. But who knows, you could be right...maybe I underestimate the thuggies tolerance for extreme conditions under which to hang around and be worthless...

Who are these "thuggies" that hang out at malls? I don't think I've ever seen them.

Who are these "thuggies" that hang out at malls? I don't think I've ever seen them.

Go to Deerbrook on a Friday night...can't miss 'em. And apparently they are also at Katy Mills, though I have't been in a few years and have never seen them...

Go to Deerbrook on a Friday night...can't miss 'em. And apparently they are also at Katy Mills, though I have't been in a few years and have never seen them...

These people are everywhere. Memorial City, First Colony, The Woodlands Mall, Willowbrook Mall. You cannot escape them.

Wow...has this thread gone downhill!

We all know that teenagers show their independance in their appearance. In the 50's it was the greasers and every generation since has had their own group. Goth dress or baggy jeans are just another way of expressing themselves. It DOESN'T automatically mean that these kids are up to no good or are going to cause harm. Do we really need to refer to them as "thuggies" or "gangbangers"?

As for the crowds, they are pretty much gone. Last weekend was significantly less crowded than opening weekend and from what I understand, mall management doesn't expect another large rush until tax free weekend. I was there on the first Monday they were open and it was so not crowded. It is a very nice mall and they have a lot of stuff to keep kids entertained...just make sure you bring your quarters! Food court is pretty sparse and there are a couple of stores I would like to see but the layout is great. All the stores seem to be logically grouped by what they sell for the most part. All the kids stores are in one area, most of the higher end couture stores are together, houseware stores, etc.

These people are everywhere. Memorial City, First Colony, The Woodlands Mall, Willowbrook Mall. You cannot escape them.

But who are they? How do you recognize them?

Wow...has this thread gone downhill!

We all know that teenagers show their independance in their appearance. In the 50's it was the greasers and every generation since has had their own group. Goth dress or baggy jeans are just another way of expressing themselves. It DOESN'T automatically mean that these kids are up to no good or are going to cause harm. Do we really need to refer to them as "thuggies" or "gangbangers"?

Well keep in mind that the person who originally referred to the "gangbangers" in this thread isn't even from NW Houston but is rather from Woodlands. THAT should explain quite a bit.

Well keep in mind that the person who originally referred to the "gangbangers" in this thread isn't even from NW Houston but is rather from Woodlands. THAT should explain quite a bit.

It should? What does it explain?

I feel like everyone is using a secret language. Can someone explain who these thugs and gangbangers are that hang out at malls?? Please?

And what does the difference between NW Houston and the Woodlands have to do with it?

It should? What does it explain?

I feel like everyone is using a secret language. Can someone explain who these thugs and gangbangers are that hang out at malls?? Please?

And what does the difference between NW Houston and the Woodlands have to do with it?

This is becoming comical...when I referred to them as "wannabe thugs"...I meant teenage kids (and sometimes in their early 20's even more disturbingly) from the suburbs who try to dress like they are hip hop stars and from the "streets". You can probably recognize them by their insanely baggy jeans down to their knees with a XXXL t shirt (probably ecko) and a tilted hat with a strait rim and some nice big fake diamond ice in their ear. Sometimes their t shirts are strung over thier shoulder and they are wearing only a "wife-beater" underneath. They are are usually in groups and speak so loud as to be obnoxious to everyone around them. No one should be intimidated by them, as it is all a front, and they are really just teenage kids from the suburbs trying to be cool. It really isn't as big a deal as it has been made in this thread.

Edit:::I have no idea what the Woodlands and NW Houston have to do with anything...other than that the person was implying that people from the Woodlands would overreact to any "inner city" style as "gangbangers"?....

This is becoming comical...when I referred to them as "wannabe thugs"...I meant teenage kids (and sometimes in their early 20's even more disturbingly) from the suburbs who try to dress like they are hip hop stars and from the "streets".

Oh, I get it now. People want malls without teenagers. Good luck with that.

Oh, I get it now. People want malls without teenagers. Good luck with that.

Well, people want malls with kids who dress and act like good kids, not ones that are looking to "supaman dat ho"....

but yeah, good luck...

Well, people want malls with kids who dress and act like good kids, not ones that are looking to "supaman dat ho"....

but yeah, good luck...

That's how they act at school and out in public without their parents around. I know plenty of kids who act different when they are around their parents, from when they are not.

Your stereotype is not true either. They may dress like that (tall tee's, etc., even I do), but doesn't mean they are trying to "superman dat ho" (dumb song anyway). You just group them all together. Because seriously, what about those damn Hollister kids that are loud as hell, too? What do you say about them? They all want to "superman dat ho", too.

That's how they act at school and out in public without their parents around. I know plenty of kids who act different when they are around their parents, from when they are not.

Your stereotype is not true either. They may dress like that (tall tee's, etc., even I do), but doesn't mean they are trying to "superman dat ho" (dumb song anyway). You just group them all together. Because seriously, what about those damn Hollister kids that are loud as hell, too? What do you say about them? They all want to "superman dat ho", too.

your stereotype is untrue...not all Hollister kids want to superman dat ho... :P

But seriously, there are always exceptions, and Memebag asked me to despcribe the stereotype, that's what I did.

What do I have to say about Hollister kids (which I assume are preppy kids?)? I just said we want kids that act like good kids...In my experience preppy kids seem to act a little better than the wannabe's...but like I said, there are always exceptions...

Driving home yesterday I thought I saw a sign that said "Gucci - only in San Marcos". It was on the left on 290 westbound near the Cy-Falls Water Tower. I meant to ck again today, but forgot.

Why would a store in the San Marcos outlet - owned by the same people as the Cypress one - do that?

By the way I saw the wannabe's on opening day. I couldn't believe how many young people like that I saw. I wouldn't think an outlet mall would be exactly the cool thing to do. I was actually smiling at them, they were trying so hard to look bad!

Driving home yesterday I thought I saw a sign that said "Gucci - only in San Marcos". It was on the left on 290 westbound near the Cy-Falls Water Tower. I meant to ck again today, but forgot.

Why would a store in the San Marcos outlet - owned by the same people as the Cypress one - do that?

The Sam Marcos Outlet has at least 2 other signs on 290. I noticed them this week. Maybe they think someone from Houston driving out to Cypress will see them and say "Hey, lets just keep on driving".

your stereotype is untrue...not all Hollister kids want to superman dat ho... :P

But seriously, there are always exceptions, and Memebag asked me to despcribe the stereotype, that's what I did.

What do I have to say about Hollister kids (which I assume are preppy kids?)? I just said we want kids that act like good kids...In my experience preppy kids seem to act a little better than the wannabe's...but like I said, there are always exceptions...

The preps are no different. Just different style. Funny kids though (like last night).

I think the Gucci store is part of Prime Outlets, which is managed by a different company than the Houston Premium Outlets.

The preps are no different. Just different style. Funny kids though (like last night).

What happened last night?

Also, Trae, I realize I kinda come off as the old guy yelling at the kids to stay off my grass in this thread...which I am not (at least not yet, I am getting older...). I just hear people talk about places being "ghetto" all the time, but people need to realize these people are mostly suburban kids who are just choosing a style that rebels against middle or upper-middle class Mommy and Daddy or give the kids some sort of identity they need at that time in their lives (awkward teenage years).

and now I sound like Dr. Phil...

By the way, went to the outlet mall yesterday and it was packed by my standards, though my wife said it was nothing like opening weekend. There were people from all walks of life and everyone seemed to be really enjoying themselves. I can honestly say from a guy who hates shopping and especially crowded shopping, it was pretty enjoyable. The awnings and outdoor sections really make it nice. I can see how they are setting sales records...everyone was walking around with a bag and the lines at checkout were healthy.

Archived