Houston Premium Outlets Developments

citykid09

get ready for crowds, the report from my wife had the line TO GET INTO the Coach store at 100 yards plus....

PS - that was at 10am this morning

That's a good thing. I wish all expensive stores had unbearably long lines for my wife to wait in.. ;)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a good thing. I wish all expensive stores had unbearably long lines for my wife to wait in..

No doubt this really worked in my favor today, she hit up a few stores, but once it got too crowded she got frustrated and left, even left a few stores where she was waiting to buy due to the checkout line...probably saved me some serious cash!!! Now I can afford to go to the regional tournament this weekend! Hook 'em Horns!

get ready for crowds, the report from my wife had the line TO GET INTO the Coach store at 100 yards plus....

PS - that was at 10am this morning

I saw this line myself and wondered why the heck anyone would wait that long??? There were plenty of good quality stores with little to no line inside the store.

Re: Outlet Stores

Aren't many of the products sold at Outlet stores specifically made for Outlet Stores? Its not really all left over or overstock from the main stores. I remember watching lots of Primetime and 48 Hour reports on this. Like the stuff you find in Saks Off 5th I've never seen in Saks.

Needless to say, we stop at the Polo Outlet in San Marcos all the time for the Bath Sheets. Not that they are any cheaper than what they sell for in the main stores. Its the perception that we are getting away with something that makes us stop.

Re: Outlet Stores

Aren't many of the products sold at Outlet stores specifically made for Outlet Stores? Its not really all left over or overstock from the main stores. I remember watching lots of Primetime and 48 Hour reports on this. Like the stuff you find in Saks Off 5th I've never seen in Saks.

Needless to say, we stop at the Polo Outlet in San Marcos all the time for the Bath Sheets. Not that they are any cheaper than what they sell for in the main stores. Its the perception that we are getting away with something that makes us stop.

I think that is a store by store, maybe even product by product stipulation. Banana Republic for instance has both specific outlet designs as well as overflow and irregular stock. I think many stores are similar in that it is a blend. Polo is the same way.

We went and it was very crowded. I remember that I hate shopping malls. I'll wait to go back after it calms down a bit. I feel for the Fairfield residents, who now have to endure stacked up traffic on that exit.

I live there any although the lines were brutal getting into the mall, if you stayed in the far left lane it was not too bad getting into the back entrance of Fairfield. The Mason road exit was not too bad either.

Steve

Do I sense some jealousy from the Katy folks???? Have either of you been?

I haven't been a Katy person in a long time, but, I have to say that if I really wanted to buy a Coach bag, I'd go to one of the many stores without parking waits and checkout lines. My time and sanity is worth more than the $100 savings on last year's model with bad hardware. Take it from a woman who knows the drill--you can shop the clearance racks at Macys and Nordstrom and get a better price than jacking than with an outlet mall crowd. Unless of course the whole idea is shopping as entertainment, in which case I guess the SAHMs in Bridgeland need something new to keep them occupied.

I would hope this would be nicer than Katy Mills, as I was never impressed with that place...the outdoor effect should help.

I haven't been a Katy person in a long time, but, I have to say that if I really wanted to buy a Coach bag, I'd go to one of the many stores without parking waits and checkout lines. My time and sanity is worth more than the $100 savings on last year's model with bad hardware. Take it from a woman who knows the drill--you can shop the clearance racks at Macys and Nordstrom and get a better price than jacking than with an outlet mall crowd. Unless of course the whole idea is shopping as entertainment, in which case I guess the SAHMs in Bridgeland need something new to keep them occupied.

I agree...but remember that for those SAHMs it is quite a drive from Cypress even to Willowbrook (and the traffic on 1960 on the weekdays isn't great). My wife and I in Coles Crossing usually drive to the Galleria (about 25 minutes on the weekend) but wouldn't do that on a weekday. So we are excited that even though it is last years stuff at least it is convenient when we don't want the hassle of a long drive. Also, the crowds will die down a bit, it is still brand new...

I would hope this would be nicer than Katy Mills, as I was never impressed with that place...the outdoor effect should help.

I agree...but remember that for those SAHMs it is quite a drive from Cypress even to Willowbrook (and the traffic on 1960 on the weekdays isn't great). My wife and I in Coles Crossing usually drive to the Galleria (about 25 minutes on the weekend) but wouldn't do that on a weekday. So we are excited that even though it is last years stuff at least it is convenient when we don't want the hassle of a long drive. Also, the crowds will die down a bit, it is still brand new...

RE: Outlet Mall

Still takes us about 15 minutes to get there from Longwood...about 20 minutes to get to Willowbrook....25 minutes to get to Memorial City or the Galleria on the weekend.

RE: Outlet Mall

Still takes us about 15 minutes to get there from Longwood...about 20 minutes to get to Willowbrook....25 minutes to get to Memorial City or the Galleria on the weekend.

Yeah, but for SAHMs in the Bridgelands, the outlet mall will be about 10 minutes, while all those others will be 30 plus...

When I have been to Katy Mills there were wannabe "gangbangers" everywhere, weird people milling around inside the "mall", trash everywhere, parents not controlling their children, etc. Not exactly what you would expect. There's no "ambience" there either. The food court reminds me of a school cafeteria. It reminded me of a substandard regular mall.

Just my opinion on the place.

Well Katy Mills is quite the draw and attracts people from all over. It's rare to not see out of state plates, Mexican plates, etc. as I walk into the mall from the parking lot. I have rarely seen gangbangers there -- maybe local high school hipsters is perhaps what you mean?

When I have been to Katy Mills there were wannabe "gangbangers" everywhere, weird people milling around inside the "mall", trash everywhere, parents not controlling their children, etc. Not exactly what you would expect. There's no "ambience" there either. The food court reminds me of a school cafeteria. It reminded me of a substandard regular mall.

Give the Cypress Outlets time, the "wannabe gangbangers" will come. Of course, maybe the heat will keep them away.

Give the Cypress Outlets time, the "wannabe gangbangers" will come. Of course, maybe the heat will keep them away.

You may end up being surprised at how true this statement is...people who want to hang around and loiter and be seen don't want to sweat their butts off doing it...also I think not having a movie theatre is a good move to keep the teen wannabe's away.

Just my opinion on the place.

i just went here with my friend who lives in coles crossing and i admit its nice looking. but it was painfully boring. we grabbed something to eat and left. at least katy mills has something fun to do like a movie theatre.

i just went here with my friend who lives in coles crossing and i admit its nice looking. but it was painfully boring. we grabbed something to eat and left. at least katy mills has something fun to do like a movie theatre.

If you don't want to shop why on earth would you choose an outlet mall as a destination???

i was actually looking for some clothing, i didnt like any of the stores opened yet

Sorry to hear that, maybe check the website store listing next time before you make the trip all the way from Cinco...

Archived