Sawyer Heights Information & Developments

wendyps

We need a grocery store over there, BADLY! That Target is great though.

By the way, watch out for cops on Washinton. They are doing a major sting operation. I was driving home yesterday and out of nowhere this freaking cop jumps out into the middle of the street like batman! He was on a mission. He waves me and two other cars over and gave us all tickets. As soon as he let us go he was pulling more people over in multiples.

It was ridiculous, go catch some criminals and do something productive.

yup, they had the exact "operatioin" going on shepherd. i too was caught, but fortunately had the ticket dismissed via lawyer.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not familiar with the details of that area? Would it be too much trouble for someone to map it out for us on live.com?

Is there a lot of available land in that area? Enough to create a new "neighborhood" Tanith mentioned?

By the way, watch out for cops on Washinton. They are doing a major sting operation. I was driving home yesterday and out of nowhere this freaking cop jumps out into the middle of the street like batman! He was on a mission. He waves me and two other cars over and gave us all tickets. As soon as he let us go he was pulling more people over in multiples.

It was ridiculous, go catch some criminals and do something productive.

This kind of thing really chaps me - whenever they've got a speed trap set up and they're waving people over as fast as they can write tickets, there's usually not even any pretense of doing so for significant traffic violations, it's revenue enhancement for the city pure and simple. Get someone on the radar gun going 5 mph over the limit, and bang, they're busted. But whenever there's some idiot doing something truly dangerous like going 90+ mph on the freeway while tailgating people and weaving in and out of traffic, there's never a cop in sight.

Kind of unusual they're doing it on Washington, though - used to be most of the cars speeding there were cops either headed to or coming back from the courthouse or jail.

I totally agree. It's Bulls#$%*

What's even more ridiculous is they're not even going anywhere, the police station is down the street. It's like low hanging fruit. But I've seen them out there for the past couple of weeks. And there's really no way for me to avoid it. Oh and the cop was a total assh#$%. I even tried used my girl moves and did the show the leg thing. No luck!

JUST BE CAREFUL PEOPLE

• 5 months later...

Yeah, this block has been cleared with a sign up for the better part of 9 months I guess although this is the first time I've seen an actual plan for the area. Its one block east of the Target past Sawyer. It'll have the Rails to Trails running right by it once they start that project. Hopefully soon. Hello Mayor Bill...you hear me? We want our bike path... Bueller?

• 1 month later...
I went into the junkyard on Taylor street Next to the new Target. It apparently has been there for many decades. They told me they are relocating this summer to make way for new townhouses. The guys there also told me that Mahatma has been bought and will be moving, but they have two years to complete the move.

Just saw this:

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...ml?surround=lfn

Maybe someone can read the full article to confirm if its the one off Taylor...

Just saw this:

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...ml?surround=lfn

Maybe someone can read the full article to confirm if its the one off Taylor...

It appears that it is the off Taylor. The article does not say specifically, but when you google the company, it shows two address; one of Allen Parkway (headquarters, I assume) and the property off Taylor.

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon

I visited the Fein apartments today at the sawyer heights. Apparently people are moving in already. I got a price list from the leasing girls. The price range of the one bedrooms starts at $1100/mo for their simplest one "bedroom" efficiency. The one bedrooms continue up in price to $2025/mo. Their two bedrooms start at $1820 and continue on up to $2095.

This is all off topic, I know:

yup, they had the exact "operatioin" going on shepherd.

Shepherd, Durham, TC Jester north and south... they're at the bottom of the bridge on one of those streets at least one day per week. It actually doesn't bother me because if they're there regularly enough it discourages some people who might otherwise be inclined to fly through my neighborhood well over the speed limit.

Get someone on the radar gun going 5 mph over the limit, and bang, they're busted.

I have no doubt that they will catch some people who are barely going over the speed limit, but for the most part, at least at the bottom of the bridges that I mention above, they're nailing the first 2-3 people at the front of the pack who are hitting 50-55 mph cresting the bridge when the limit is 35. I don't understand why the natural inclination is to speed up so much going over those bridges, but everyone does - I catch myself doing it, too - and it's easy picking for the cops.

Not quite sure about what section of Washington is being patrolled right now, though. Every time I drive on that road it's so crowded that it's hard to do anything but crawl between lights. I have, however, seen them hang out on Allen Parkway coming out of downtown and jumping into the middle of the street to tag people.

How did they look? From outside I can still see most units are unfinished. What about the courtyards?

They said to tour the property an appointment was necessary. I did get a schematic of the building showing the courtyard layouts. One is called the meditation garden, another has a reflection pond. There is another small one with what looks like a fountain, and finally there is the courtyard with the S shaped pool.

They said to tour the property an appointment was necessary. I did get a schematic of the building showing the courtyard layouts. One is called the meditation garden, another has a reflection pond. There is another small one with what looks like a fountain, and finally there is the courtyard with the S shaped pool.

http://sawyerheightslofts.com/index.asp

• 1 year later...

I wonder what is going on here? Havent seen any construction on the place in over a month. I was very curious to know who would buy one since they are all of 15 feet from that gorgeous building they are calling reign lounge. Reign has a huge second story patio. Imagine the noise in the townhomes. They are located on washington and jackson hill. On a happier note, the condo unit at snover and rose has finnaly sold after being abandonded for over a year. They are ripping out cabinets and carpet and I couldn't be happier!

I wonder what is going on here? Havent seen any construction on the place in over a month. I was very curious to know who would buy one since they are all of 15 feet from that gorgeous building they are calling reign lounge. Reign has a huge second story patio. Imagine the noise in the townhomes. They are located on washington and jackson hill. On a happier note, the condo unit at snover and rose has finnaly sold after being abandonded for over a year. They are ripping out cabinets and carpet and I couldn't be happier!

What makes it more humorous is the people who are building the townhomes are the same people who are opening Reign. I wonder what they were thinking when they did that? Based on their townhomes though, it looks they are trying to appeal to the young urban hipster that makes alot of money who may want to be close to the party.

I think the Jackson Hill development on their website is supposed to be that place:

www.ikondevelopments.net

If you get a chance, check out 4402 Gibson on their site. I am really liking the architecture. It's really unique and the multi-level roof decks look pretty cool. Also, check out the section on the elevator (no cables and works with compressed air).

ive been inside the unit listed on HAR. It is a horrible lay out. Kind of like a single wide trailer. Couldnt imagine paying that much for 600 something square feet and CONSTANT traffic and people parking right by your fonr door... cant wait to see how this shakes out.

• 4 weeks later...

So I was recently in east Texas and noticed that they have a similar private club rule for dry counties. Are there any differences? It was really easy to go to any of the numerous bars, just swiping the license and signing a paper. Why is this such a headache in Houston?

I think it's primarily because the 'rest' of Houston is not dry. I lived in Nacogdoches while in college... It really wasn't that big of a deal and back then they didn't have the centralized card, you bought a membership at each individual restaurant/bar. So you'd pay your 5 bucks, then get a coupon for a couple free drinks or a free appetizer (if at a restaurant). Maybe it's because so many entire counties are dry or partially dry that makes it more 'okay'?

• 1 month later...

That lot has been on the market for quite a while, almost a year I think. I think the price is too high still in this market. A clever developer could make a small multi-use project there with both residential and commercial/retail but I suspect a gaggle of McVics lined up side by side in a few years will be the outcome. Don't see anything happening for the next couple of years at least.

Archived