One Park Place: Multifamily At 1400 McKinney St.

GovernorAggie

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mat pour was incredible last night. Absolutely mesmerizing!

MEDIA ALERT/PHOTO OPPORTUNITY

For Fri., March 16 and Sat., March 17

713-626-1529

deborahhartman@houston.rr.com

Or

Jennifer Massey

The Finger Companies

713-867-7009; ext. 192

jmassey@fingercompanies.com

OVERNIGHT FOUNDATION POUR FOR DOWNTOWN LUXURY APARTMENT TOWER

Downtown Houston gets new "welcome mat" in 15-hour "Mat Pour" for first high-rise apartment building in 40 years

WHAT: Giant floodlights will guide the150 concrete trucks as they perform a tightly choreographed, rotating chorus line to off-load 7,600 cubic yards of concrete over a 15-hour period, to form the 8'6", 27,000-square- foot mat foundation for One Park Place, downtown Houston's first luxury high-rise apartment building in more than 40 years; and the first residential development contiguous to Houston's new downtown park, Discovery Green.

A "mat pour" is the term for creating the mat foundation for a high-rise building.

WHO: The Finger Companies

The mat pour was incredible last night. Absolutely mesmerizing!

MEDIA ALERT/PHOTO OPPORTUNITY

For Fri., March 16 and Sat., March 17

713-626-1529

deborahhartman@houston.rr.com

Or

Jennifer Massey

The Finger Companies

713-867-7009; ext. 192

jmassey@fingercompanies.com

OVERNIGHT FOUNDATION POUR FOR DOWNTOWN LUXURY APARTMENT TOWER

Downtown Houston gets new "welcome mat" in 15-hour "Mat Pour" for first high-rise apartment building in 40 years

WHAT: Giant floodlights will guide the150 concrete trucks as they perform a tightly choreographed, rotating chorus line to off-load 7,600 cubic yards of concrete over a 15-hour period, to form the 8'6", 27,000-square- foot mat foundation for One Park Place, downtown Houston's first luxury high-rise apartment building in more than 40 years; and the first residential development contiguous to Houston's new downtown park, Discovery Green.

A "mat pour" is the term for creating the mat foundation for a high-rise building.

WHO: The Finger Companies

I love the name... it's very "New York". B)

That's the idea.

But that is why I don't like it. Don't much care for the design, either. Underwhelming and unoriginal for such a high-profile building. ...but Finger knows who their market is. Marvy's no dummy.

Below is from an email. The floor plans look great!

We are excited to announce that construction has begun on One Park Place!

In addition to this we are pleased to also tell you that we have now added

floor plans and an updated list of amenities to our website at www.oneparkplacehouston.com

We are now excepting deposits and leases for move-ins beginning February 2009.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

One Park Place

1400 McKinney Street

Houston, Texas 77010

713-868-5933

www.oneparkplacehouston.com

www.fingercompanies.com

"New residential high rise to change downtown skyline"

http://www.khou.com/news/local/houstonmetr...m.1c5193c5.html

Talks about the future of Downtown's skyline, including One Park Place.

I do like the name. NY yes.......and definately Monopoly-like :lol: BUT, i see somehow, someway "they" managed to get a Shamrock look-a-like as the tower design. It is going to be stately, yes. But, IMO, just a resurrected version of the dead Shamrock.

Tell me what you all think about the design.

m.

It looks like ugly infill... The Balconies are a joke for such a highrise, considering its neighbors. I don't mind the frame, but I guess it looks like what they're going for, since it looks like just another apartment building in New York.

Agreed, and the worst thing is that it'll be so prominent on the skyline. A big fake building sticking out like a sore thumb.

...but like I've said previously, Finger knows who he's selling to. He'll do well (at least, he'll do as well as he can in those price points).

Egads. Somebody at the Finger Companies needs to hire a proof reader/editor.

This seems to be more the norm than the exception. It boggles my mind that developers pour millions into projects, yet cannot find funds to hire a high school graduate to proofread their copy.

It looks like ugly infill... The Balconies are a joke for such a highrise, considering its neighbors. I don't mind the frame, but I guess it looks like what they're going for, since it looks like just another apartment building in New York.

What is wrong with the balconies?

This seems to be more the norm than the exception. It boggles my mind that developers pour millions into projects, yet cannot find funds to hire a high school graduate to proofread their copy.

Lighten up just a bit... It was just an email.

What is wrong with the balconies?

I agree. The balconies are one of the building's and the apartments' best features.

The balconies are one of the building's and the apartments' best features.

From a market perspective, the balconies are a necessary component. But aesthetically, they detract from the facade of the building...although I admit that they could have been done much worse than they are. I much prefer Mosaic's approach to balconies, though.

For the residents that can afford these prices they are going to want balconies to view the new Discovery Green park with. Houston House, 2016 Main and Museum Tower have balconies and I don't think they detract from the overall design.

One Park Tower ... nothing really to say other than it is a cool project that will happen downtown. Umm.. balconies, etc., please... let's be thankful we are getting another highrise downtown. Maybe I'll sell my home (NOT) and move down there. But at any rate, isn't this a great project for downtown? I think so.

Archived