BLVD Place Mixed-Use: 1700 Post Oak Blvd & Upcoming Development At 1800 Post Oak Blvd.

Subdude

With these 3 Hanover developments facing the backside of BLVD place, I hope there is a some thought put into creating a welcoming facade on the west side of whatever becomes BLVD Phase III (assuming Apache sells).  Otherwise, all that fantastic development is going to see nothing but parking lots and dumpsters (i.e. BLVD Phase I)

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/apaches-stock-rockets-toward-biggest-gain-in-nearly-50-years-after-company-strikes-oil-2020-01-07

Maybe the vacant lot  between  La Table and Verizon gets a hq building  after all. Apache has a 50% profits interest  after cost recovery in a new offshore oilfield discovered off the coast of 
Suriname, in South America. It's adjacent to a field in Guyana that will be yielding  almost  barrel of oil a day for each person in that country by mid-decade. 

Edited by Skyboxdweller
  • Like 6

After finally getting all of this plotted on the map, the only latest and greatest master plan of this is from 2013? Hopefully with things ramping up over here again we will get an update. So much has change in terms of trends and urban design in this town even since 2013.

83jfGVB.jpg

• Like 5

On 1/8/2020 at 8:26 PM, Luminare said:

After finally getting all of this plotted on the map, the only latest and greatest master plan of this is from 2013? Hopefully with things ramping up over here again we will get an update. So much has change in terms of trends and urban design in this town even since 2013.

83jfGVB.jpg

Does anyone know who owns the building site identified for a future residential tower on San Felipe?  If it ever gets designed it would be great to have a multi-use building with  more retail/service businesses on the ground level of  Post Oak Lane, especially if IW and 3 get built out in the manner of the Whole Foods complex, and a floor or two of office space. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, LBC2HTX said:

Per HCAD it's Owned by "BOULEVARD RESIDENTIAL LLC" since 2009.

https://arcweb.hcad.org/parcelviewer/

Do we know if Hanover broke these pieces up into subsidiaries? Typically from what I've been seeing while plotting on the map is that the official "owner" is an LLC that operates that one piece of land, but is a subsidiary to a bigger company. Interestingly enough I've seen a few companies do this with their general contractors as well if its a big company. While plotting some of the Alta developments its interesting how they create individual LLC's for each development as the GC doing the construction.

On 1/13/2020 at 12:33 PM, LBC2HTX said:

Per HCAD it's Owned by "BOULEVARD RESIDENTIAL LLC" since 2009.

https://arcweb.hcad.org/parcelviewer/

Address is on LBJ Freeway in Dallas.

5420 LBJ FREEWAY STE 1310

Appears to be MetLife.

On 1/13/2020 at 12:51 PM, Luminare said:

Do we know if Hanover broke these pieces up into subsidiaries? Typically from what I've been seeing while plotting on the map is that the official "owner" is an LLC that operates that one piece of land, but is a subsidiary to a bigger company. Interestingly enough I've seen a few companies do this with their general contractors as well if its a big company. While plotting some of the Alta developments its interesting how they create individual LLC's for each development as the GC doing the construction.

Appears to be owned by MetLife.  But whoever owns it, they would almost certainly put it in a "special purpose entity".

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 3

On 1/9/2020 at 10:41 PM, ChannelTwoNews said:

Perhaps the Ritz Carlton plan comes back to life after a decade-plus? Even at it's shortest, it was still 53 floors.

I can always dream at least...

Image result for Ritz Carlton BLVD Place Houston

That's immediately what I thought of. Depending on who said this, you have to be careful when people tell you info because it simply can be old and outdated. Hopefully it's something new though!

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 6:39 PM, Triton said:

That's immediately what I thought of. Depending on who said this, you have to be careful when people tell you info because it simply can be old and outdated. Hopefully it's something new though!

@ekdrm2d1, that wasn't a swipe at you btw. I meant whoever the person who told you the information.

• Like 2

Ekdrm2d1's source could be onto something, here's a quote from an article I posted back in Feb. 2017

The future “phase three” project could be a number of different things, including more upscale apartments, senior homes or even a luxury hotel, Bowden said. If it’s a hotel, Hanover plans to partner with a hospitality operator to execute that strategy, he said.

In the end only time will tell.

• Like 4

On 1/13/2020 at 1:11 PM, Houston19514 said:

Address is on LBJ Freeway in Dallas.

5420 LBJ FREEWAY STE 1310

Appears to be MetLife.

Appears to be owned by MetLife.  But whoever owns it, they would almost certainly it in a "special purpose entity".

metlife has had numerous conversations w Hines on a multi-family or mixed use development at BLVD Place in the past. my understanding was that it was for the northern most parcel fronting san felipe but it certainly may have been this site. either way, metlife will almost certainly develop.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, swtsig said:

metlife has had numerous conversations w Hines on a multi-family or mixed use development at BLVD Place in the past. my understanding was that it was for the northern most parcel fronting san felipe but it certainly may have been this site. either way, metlife will almost certainly develop.

Good info.  Thanks.

The parcel I was referring to as being owned by MetLife is the northern most parcel, fronting on San Felipe.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2020 at 12:23 PM, Houston19514 said:

Good info.  Thanks.

The parcel I was referring to as being owned by MetLife is the northern most parcel, fronting on San Felipe.

Thanks for the information.  There is an opportunity to bracket the pocket park that occupies the site of the former fortune teller with a use that benefits from the green space, like an outdoor dining terrace

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mls1202 said:

New bus rapid transit along Post Oak Boulevard

driving along post Oak today and I saw the new buses that will be running along the BART route. I have to admit they are better than I thought they would be. 

Houston Chronicle reported today that the test period is delayed but will start in spring for 3 months and passengers expected to start riding in july 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Rise closes its only Houston location, vacating Blvd Place

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2020/01/30/dallas-based-restaurant-chain-closes-houston.html?iana=hpmvp_hstn_news_headline

Rise, a Dallas-based French restaurant known for its airy souffles, closed its Houston outpost, Rise nº2, on Jan. 28. 

The restaurant was in Blvd Place, a prominent mixed-use development at the corner of Post Oak and San Felipe St. Blvd Place also is the site of other noteworthy restaurants The Original Ninfa’s Uptown, True Food Kitchen and North Italia. Ninfa's is the most recent restaurant addition to Blvd Place, taking the former Peska spot, which had been vacant for a year and a half.

Rise nº2 opened in 2016. 

A representative with Rise provided the following statement, which was also posted to Facebook: 

After four years and tremendous effort from our entire staff, we made the difficult, but necessary, decision to close our Houston location on January 28th 2020.

We are very grateful for all of you who came to appreciate and enjoy our rise soufflés, and discover that we are more than simply a restaurant. We always strive to have rise become a part of each community we serve. Our goal is always to make rise an overall experience, so that the guest will find “rise isn’t your occasion place, it’s your daily place."

In the end, this was not to be the case for Rise nº2. We look forward to seeing you whenever you are in Dallas, Fort Worth, or our new Rise nº4 Austin location opening in late fall of 2020.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

that is a shame as it was a favorite for some people i know...

i think the main problem was a lot of people just didn't know it was there and those that saw it weren't sure how to get to it or knew what it was. i think had it been on the ground floor it would have fared better. 

• Like 2

On 2/1/2020 at 9:15 PM, ekdrm2d1 said:

Good riddance to dallas businesses pulling out of the best and most dynamic city in Texas.  I am not surprised by this type of decision making one bit.  And, it has nothing to do with our booming great city economically and population-wise, which dallas always seems to be so envious of.  But, that leopard probably won't ever change it's very vain spots at this point.

• Like 2

I don't know what having a branch of a restaurant that opened in another city has to do with success or failure .  We have plenty of restaurants in Houston owned or operated by non=locals and they seem to fill a niche and stay open for decades.  I think the not invented here defense is too limiting.  Would you not buy warm bread from an outpost of the best bakery in Paris even if the local version was only 90% as good?

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if this is important to post here, but it looks like Ninfa's in BLVD Place is having some issues right now. Their business did look kind of slow at the start of the Pandemic, but it did seem to pick it up quite a bit recently. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. 

Edit for those who might not have access to Chron. Restaurant has failed to pay rent due to the downturn, but they seem to be in negotiations, which seemed promising this past week. Sounds like management was a bit shocked to find the doors locked, but it does say they're trying to reach a resolution. Not sure really what will happen though. 

https://www.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Ninfa-s-Uptown-locked-out-of-BLVD-Place-amid-15514022.php

Edited by Justin Welling
Additional Info
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

dang! no lie, i was heading there after work to get the steak tacos al carbon!!!! :(

but yes the times that i go it is never overly busy...however it would be interesting if this was a plot on Ninfa's part to be able to move out of that location and take over the now closed Yia Yia Mary's location! 😬

(ps...i just made that up out of thin air fyi haha)

edit to add that i just did a general google search for Ninfa's Uptown and the business comes up on the right hand side with the big banner in red saying Temporarily Closed! Usually those things don't show up that quickly...

Edited by gene
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1