Centre At River Oaks: Retail Center At 3025-3031 Kirby Dr.

overrated. high end chain with mediocre food. locations are placed where the demographics are great and people with limited palettes flock. how many "special occasions" have i had to suffer through at brio tuscan grille. olive garden would be as satisfying, cheaper, and a quicker get away. even more insulting than the food and two hour (excruciating) dining experiences are the faux chic interiors and pretentious youngsters acting as if it's a five star restaurant. on every occasion (too many to count).....inconsistent service, cold food and long waits for refills and corrected orders. i do not understand why so many people like it.

• Like 1

I agree with Bachanon. My sister that lives out near CityCentre brought me there two weeks ago. Food ranged from gross to mediocre. Price points are high. Service was lousy. The scene was what it seemed to be about and I didn't much care for that one either. Not sure how it's going to fare in Upper Kirby. There are so many more options in that area whereas the Memorial crowd's options are more limited unless they want to make the hike inside the Loop.

• Like 1

overrated. high end chain with mediocre food. locations are placed where the demographics are great and people with limited palettes flock. how many "special occasions" have i had to suffer through at brio tuscan grille. olive garden would be as satisfying, cheaper, and a quicker get away. even more insulting than the food and two hour (excruciating) dining experiences are the faux chic interiors and pretentious youngsters acting as if it's a five star restaurant. on every occasion (too many to count).....inconsistent service, cold food and long waits for refills and corrected orders. i do not understand why so many people like it.

This is the Post Of The Day.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Second Chop Shop to open in the Center at River Oaks

Tp43nI3.jpg

J12ShYi.png

KrgRO5m.png

Original ChopShop, 5018 San Felipe, will debut its first Houston store October 15. It will be the eighth location for the brand in Texas, which has 16 restaurants systemwide. A second Houston shop will open in River Oaks later this year. It was founded in Old Town Scottsdale, Arizona in 2013.

The restaurant serves its "Just Feel Good Food" like protein bowls, salads, sandwiches, juices, protein shakes and breakfast in a warm, welcoming environment. The meals are chopped in-shop from fresh fruits and vegetables daily and many of the options are customizable. It caters to different nutritional needs and diets with a variety of vegan and vegetarian choices plus items that are free of gluten, soy, lactose, and dairy.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

i have missed the montrose location of Chocolate Bar but they are relocating, renaming and renovating their concept...for this new location anyway... and i for one, cannot wait!!!

https://houston.eater.com/2022/3/24/22994892/houston-the-chocolate-bar-river-oaks-new-location-opening

a box of brightly colored, Easter-themed chocolates from The Chocolate Bar.

Edited by gene
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...