Convenience Store With Retail At 705 West Dallas St.

Amlaham

10 minutes ago, Amlaham said:

This location will be a new C-store and a liquor store. A sign on the lot also indicates a gas station, however, that isn't on the permit. These gas stations popping up on every major block are legit killing me. 

Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 3.47.43 PM Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 3.47.54 PM Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 3.48.09 PM Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 3.48.15 PM

Is about time. That "coming soon" sign has been there for at least two years. 

Though, I expect that having a gas station on this corner isn't going to be an asset to the neighborhood. 

14 minutes ago, editor said:

Is about time. That "coming soon" sign has been there for at least two years. 

Though, I expect that having a gas station on this corner isn't going to be an asset to the neighborhood. 

I hate it soo much :(, I know we technically need gas stations, but why do they have to be in such prime intersections and have 105 pumps?!

Edited by Amlaham

19 hours ago, Amlaham said:

I hate it soo much :(, I know we technically need gas stations, but why do they have to be in such prime intersections and have 105 pumps?!

They're going to feel pretty foolish in ten years when the freeway is gone.

• Like 2

Except that's not really what's happening. Limited access ramps will continue to dump high speed traffic into the city and run past this location, even if the main body of 45 has been relocated by then.

Edited by Texasota
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/30/2023 at 1:51 PM, Amlaham said:

This location will be a new C-store and a liquor store. A sign on the lot also indicates a gas station, however, that isn't on the permit. These gas stations popping up on every major block are legit killing me. 

Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 3.47.43 PM Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 3.47.54 PM Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 3.48.09 PM Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 3.48.15 PM

1 hour ago, hindesky said:

tMSEJBO.png

4ZkhWte.png

This is purely speculation, but based off the above posts, 705 W Dallas St may be one of those Shell / Chevron gas stations with convenience mart Izzi Market.  

The corner does needs some retail and if its combined with a gas station, so be it. And tbh, if you get a combo specialized grocer/restaurant/gas station like the ones you see on Almeda st or the larger ones you see in Sugarland/Pearland, thats a win for me. I'm assuming some restaurant component because that is just the nature of the convenience store/gas station beast these days. If Spark Hospitality is the same as Spark Hou, then their major restaurant holdings are BWW and Wendy's. There is a combo gas station/liquor store/halal mini grocer/Wendys in Sugarland already 👀

Plus, this is good for all those people in the apartments/townhomes behind them. No one uses the gas station across from the greyhound cuz that place is the wild west (I use it on occasion). I can't think of many gas/liquor store/grocer/restaurant combos in the surrounding area either. Wouldn't you rather show this is a potential retail juggernaut of a site through this type of development or keep it as a parking lot. Plus, who know, maybe there is no gas station and you just get straight retail, which is a big, big win (although it will have a large parking lot, most assuredly). 

I do wonder if they'll have it face the freeway or W Dallas. Whatever it is, hopefully it'll mask some of the light and noise pollution that the bar across the street creates. I do agree with all the comments, yeah a gas stations does suck...but better than an empty parking lot and the area could benefit from a small corner store or something. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Convenience Store With Retail At 705 West Dallas St.
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...