Houston Rockets Practice Facility At 7310 Old Katy Rd.

hindesky

5 hours ago, kennyc05 said:

Rockets 🚀 practice facility?

Sure looks like it almost has to be.  But they clearly have the location address wrong.  I've noticed before that these TDLR permits very often have errors or misstatements in them...

Hospitality, Inc. is the record owner of the Landry's warehouse at the Loop and I-10 (7310 Old Katy Rd) that was recently discussed in the other thread.  Interesting that Tilman is apparently going to renovate his existing warehouse building in to a practice facility.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

Sure looks like it almost has to be.  But they clearly have the location address wrong.  I've noticed before that these TDLR permits very often have errors or misstatements in them...

Hospitality, Inc. is the record owner of the Landry's warehouse at the Loop and I-10 (7310 Old Katy Rd) that was recently discussed in the other thread.  Interesting that Tilman is apparently going to renovate his existing warehouse building in to a practice facility.

30 minutes ago, gene said:

my first thought (and prayer) would be that he just goes ahead and purchases that dang Post Oak Corner and finally builds on that!!!

i mean come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 💀

Someone on City Data last week said it could possibly be by his warehouse. 

Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post

"there has been a rumor circulating for about a week that Tillman took bids for sites and they're settling in on an area near Memorial Park along Old Katy Road. There is already some kind of Landrys warehouse there, so makes sense."

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/rockets/article/houston-rockets-team-build-70-million-practice-17920484.php

"During the Rockets’ introduction of new head coach Ime Udoka on Wednesday, team owner Tilman Fertitta accidentally let slip that the Rockets are building a new $70 million practice facility. 

Fertitta could not yet provide a timeline for the completion of the facility, which he said is being built in the Galleria area and likely won’t be ready by the 2024-25 NBA season."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, hindesky said:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/rockets/article/houston-rockets-team-build-70-million-practice-17920484.php

"During the Rockets’ introduction of new head coach Ime Udoka on Wednesday, team owner Tilman Fertitta accidentally let slip that the Rockets are building a new $70 million practice facility. 

Fertitta could not yet provide a timeline for the completion of the facility, which he said is being built in the Galleria area and likely won’t be ready by the 2024-25 NBA season."

Could it possible be that empty lot on the corner of 610 and Post Oak, right next to the hotel? There aren't many empty lots in the galleria area. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, HOUCAJUN said:

New practice facility slipped out today by Tillman. Apparently it's going to be located in the Galleria area and will be stool to lite free agents. I'm wondering if this will be near the Post Oak?

70 million dollars.

• Like 1

expediav2-3726820-50e902-496422.jpg

houston-rockets-logo-1AD80DE2AF-seeklogo

^^^ i saw footage of the NEW HEAD COACH IME UDOKA'S press conference, where the stunning news of the $70mm GALLERIA AREA ROCKETS PRACTICE FACILITY was revealed.  actually, it was a (slip-of-the-tongue) via tillman fertitta on the reveal.  he also stated that at some point when the organization is ready, "more information regarding the new facility shall be forthcoming".  my initial thoughts when he stated "GALLERIA AREA" was that this facility shall probably be located ON or NEAR his POST OAK PROPERTY.  should this indeed be the case, then said facility shall undoubtedly become a very exciting and state-of-the-art venue for rockets practices.  i cannot wait to see the reveal of the renderings/concepts.  great day for rockets...   

• Like 9

Could this finally be the development on the "Post Oak Corner" site at the SW corner of Post Oak and 610? The only other empty lots in the immediate vicinity are on Garrettson behind The Astoria and on Hollyhurst/Hallmark behind Willie G's.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There was once a building shown where the valet lot is behind WIllie G's on something Tillman put out. It is probably in The Post Oak thread. I hope it is that corner lot though. Parking is an issue with The Post Oak and he probably cant afford to lose his valet lot. Maybe if he built the practice facility on top of a garage in that location.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, thatguysly said:

There was once a building shown where the valet lot is behind WIllie G's on something Tillman put out. It is probably in The Post Oak thread. I hope it is that corner lot though. Parking is an issue with The Post Oak and he probably cant afford to lose his valet lot. Maybe if he built the practice facility on top of a garage in that location.

Well he said it's already under construction so is there any current activity going on around the Post Oak?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

He did not say it’s already under construction.

In the 25 minute mark of the video, he said " we're building a $70 million dollar practice facility right now" after he mentioned that the Rockets have the only private 767

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HOUCAJUN said:

In the 25 minute mark of the video, he said " we're building a $70 million dollar practice facility right now" after he mentioned that the Rockets have the only private 767

I interpret that remark to mean it could also be in the later stages of designing and planning. If it were under construction, there’d be permits.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

I interpret that remark to mean it could also be in the later stages of designing and planning. If it were under construction, there’d be permits.

I posted this permit Oct. '22 at the Post Oak Hotel.

The architect is Populous which builds stadiums and arenas around the world.

https://populous.com

phineTX.pngDtvceGl.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, HOUCAJUN said:

I didn’t take that to mean construction has started.  I took it to mean “we’re building” in the broader sense, as in, “we’ve kicked off the development process.”   Also, the permit shown by Hindesky is not a building permit.  So far as we know, there are not yet any building permits.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Hmmm 55 million short of what Tilman said. Leave it to him to lie about the cost tho hehe

I assume that's just for the building. Do those numbers usually include the cost of the land and the cost to fit it up inside?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Houston Rockets Practice Facility At 1510 West Loop S.

I looked on HCAD to see who owns what in the area between 610, Post Oak, Hollyhurst, and Hallmark. There are four parcels.

1) Hospitality Headquarters (1510 West Loop South) - This land includes his original midrise, The Post Oak and the surface lot.

2) Post Oak Motors LLC (1510 West Loop South) - The car dealership.

3) Post Oak Real Estate Holding Inc - 777 Post Oak Blvd) - The office/consulate building on the corner of Post Oak and Hollyhurst.

4) 755 Post Oak Inc (address and company name) - corner lot

Looks like he hasn't bought that corner lot yet and this will have to fit into his current footprint. The only spot left is his surface lot behind Wille G's. This is his current valet and tour bus parking. I wonder if the cost went up to and a mix use garage and parking facility? I know he is struggling with parking needs and has tried to lease spots from the Marriot garage at a minimum.

• Like 6