Co-Op EaDo: Multifamily At 3122 Leeland St.

hindesky

On 12/27/2022 at 4:56 PM, Luminare said:

Whenever I hear the 2-3 months thrown around I'm sure that was the case 10 years ago when not much was being built. Its been 5-6 months for awhile now, even back when I was still in Houston, and in some cases 5-6 months (sometimes 4) was the best you could hope for with an EXPEDITOR! The permit office simply doesn't have the staff for the volume they get. Its crazy.

That's unfortunate, especially given the fact that people are paying for the services.  Also delays the new property getting on the tax rolls.

On 12/30/2022 at 1:37 PM, mattyt36 said:

That's unfortunate, especially given the fact that people are paying for the services.  Also delays the new property getting on the tax rolls.

Ironically, this is why one in Houston should be thankful for no zoning, extensive design commission meetings, and the many back of room meetings developers in most cities have to do to get "buy-in" from city leaders to even convince them to build in the first place. Houston has very little of any of this, otherwise it would take twice as long. I do agree with you though, simply the selfish motivation to increase the tax base as soon as possible should be a reason for Houston and other cities to properly staff these institutions to get these projects out the door as quick, and procedurally correct as possible.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Many months ago one of the office guys from UG told me that Urban Genesis, Hay Center and Toll Brother's Sully would be sharing the cost of the infrastructure needed to build all 3 of their projects. I talked with him at the Co-Op Waterworks II right when they started clearing the land over there.

oDbiSJz.jpg

iAQZsOr.jpg

Rcp6a6v.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

This is the utilities that both Co Op Eado and Hay Center will tie in to, I'm guessing it's either sewer or stormwater.

3dO6b38.jpeg

Jpvffsj.jpeg

LaCPewp.jpeg

Leeland St. will be closed at some point and they will place these I beams and ramps on it while they are doing the work.

VhDZvpO.jpeg

4hw0e8u.jpeg

wB2DbG7.jpeg

G5vsTqa.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/13/2022 at 9:43 AM, hindesky said:

QFTB5E9.png

On 4/12/2023 at 12:24 AM, hindesky said:

Sitework permit.

cmkrb1p.png

On 6/27/2023 at 12:34 AM, hindesky said:

Foundation with site work permit.

V73SXsD.png

A paving permit was purchased yesterday for 3122 Leeland St.

Details from the permit:

• Use: New apartment foundation w/ sitework '15 IBC
  • FCC Group: Structures other than buildings

The permit is Co-op at EaDo, an apartment building from Urban Gensis that's going up soon.

6XW58nN.png

23 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

A paving permit was purchased yesterday for 3122 Leeland St.

Details from the permit:

The permit is Co-op at EaDo, an apartment building from Urban Gensis that's going up soon.

6XW58nN.png

A residential sidewalk, driveway permit was purchased yesterday for 3122 Leeland St.

Details from the permit:

The permit is Co-op at EaDo, an apartment building from Urban Genesis that's going up soon.

ntdOKL9.png

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1