Vacant Lot At 2800 San Jacinto St.

houstontexasjack

Hindesky there is an existing topic on the 2800 San Jacinto property. It was created in 2019.

Mods @Triton @Urbannizer, maybe consider merging this with the existing one?

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/44806-2819-fannin-st-2800-san-jacinto-st-future-development

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

• The title was changed to Demo 2800 San Jacinto and 1120 Dennis St.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/29/2023 at 9:44 AM, phillip_white said:

I never saw more customers than food trucks, so this is not at all surprising.

20230328_170851

This never made sense as a gathering place, because Fannin is just not a good place. It's four lanes of one-way traffic with long spaces between lights. Cars regularly go 45mph or faster on it. Nobody wants to hang out next to that.

It exists to flush cars out of Downtown.

If they want Fannin to be come economically robust on a local scale, significant redesigns are needed. 

To be honest, I'd just leave it as it is and try to encourage/concentrate development on Caroline.

Edited by 004n063
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, 004n063 said:

This never made sense as a gathering place, because Fannin is just not a good place. It's four lanes of one-way traffic with long spaces between lights. Cars regularly go 45mph or faster on it. Nobody wants to hang out next to that.

It exists to flush cars out of Downtown.

If they want Fannin to be come economically robust on a local scale, significant redesigns are needed. 

To be honest, I'd just leave it as it is and try to encourage/concentrate development on Caroline.

I think Fannin is one street that needs a road diet. I'm not sure what MMD has planned for future improvements to the area other than the Brazos Street reconstruction.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2022 at 5:22 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

According to a recent alcohol permit filing, there's a new tenant opening soon at 1120 Dennis St. The name listed on the permits is Ruined. 

Based on the permits the business applied for, Ruined will probably be a club or a bar.

An Instagram for Ruined was created last week. It's aiming to open this summer, according to its Instagram bio.

Ruined is opening at 1120 Dennis St in Midtown. I don't know if it will be a bar, club, or both.

https://www.instagram.com/ruinedhtx

• Like 2

• The title was changed to 1120 Dennis St.
  • 4 months later...
19 minutes ago, urbanize713 said:

The whole block is now fenced off. It appears heavy machinery is also on site along Fannin St.

Is demolition imminent? 

I wonder if it's a lay down/equipment storage yard for Harper Brothers who is installing the 72" waterline on Tuam and Fannin.

I was told a long time ago that the building was going to be demolished but they didn't have a timeline.

QLENnjA.png

1 hour ago, urbanize713 said:

Unsure of the driving force but the speculation was correct. Building is coming down this morning. 

1120 Dennis or 2800 San Jacinto? This thread is so confusing. Everything appears to reference 2800 San Jacinto (the office building with the creation mural), but the title was changed to 1120 Dennis which is where the BYOB place just opened.

16 minutes ago, phillip_white said:

1120 Dennis or 2800 San Jacinto? This thread is so confusing. Everything appears to reference 2800 San Jacinto (the office building with the creation mural), but the title was changed to 1120 Dennis which is where the BYOB place just opened.

It really is confusing. And it's confusing because instead of editing the title for topic as requested, a certain moderator (we all know who) merged the topic for 2800 San Jacinto and 1120 Dennis together.

The confusion stems from another moderator editing the title of 2800 San Jacinto topic to include 1120 Dennis. Although there was an ongoing topic for 1120 Dennis already, another moderator changed the title of the 2800 San Jacinto topic by adding 1120 Dennis. Their reasoning was because a sale listing someone posted in the topic included the two together.  When I pointed out the two properties are on two different blocks (and not part of a development or anything), I asked to change the thread back to 2800 San Jacinto only. Instead, the mod merged the two topics though they are different.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

11 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Address on this needs to be changed to 2800 San Jacinto St.

It's been requested several times...

👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿

13 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

...it's confusing because instead of editing the title for topic as requested, a certain moderator (we all know who) merged the topic for 2800 San Jacinto and 1120 Dennis together.

The confusion stems from another moderator editing the title of 2800 San Jacinto topic to include 1120 Dennis. Although there was an ongoing topic for 1120 Dennis already, another moderator changed the title of the 2800 San Jacinto topic by adding 1120 Dennis. Their reasoning was because a sale listing someone posted in the topic included the two together.  When I pointed out the two properties are on two different blocks (and not part of a development or anything), I asked to change the thread back to 2800 San Jacinto only. Instead, the mod merged the two topics though they are different.

• The title was changed to 2800 San Jacinto St.
  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Vacant Lot At 2800 San Jacinto St.