Studemont Junction Multifamily

Urbannizer

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.acumendesign.com/portfolio/studemont/

Studemont Junction is located in the heart of the historic Heights community and the Washington Street entertainment corridor. Acumen master planned the development for Capcor Development which includes a mix of retail, dining, and amenities for the growing urban community. Studemont Junction will feature a comfortable mix of national tenants and local businesses. Phase 2 of the development will entail construction of a unique 400 upscale unit multi-family housing unit that will reinforce the urban character of the site and will encourage heavy pedestrian activity along the corridor.

Studemont_2.jpg

Studemont_1.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Yes. The 21 acre thread is for Lower Heights District. Essentially the block on the other side of Studemont. Studemont junction is all West of Studemont and Lower Heights is east of Studemont. Neighboring projects but unrelated. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

New five-story, 375-unit mid-rise apartment near southwest corner of Summer and Studemont set to start construction next week and expected delivery in 2019.  Alliance closed on the land in November 2017 - honestly had no idea this was even proposed, but a great addition to this area.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/02/02/exclusive-new-residential-mid-rise-to-break-ground.html

• Like 2

Wow, so much parking. I'm resigned to the fact Houston will never get it, and subsequently will never reach its potential. All of this prime land that is being repurposed is like hitting a bloop single, we are just barely getting on base. In the books it's a hit, but those who were there really know how unimpressive it actually was.

Realistically, these types of things (and the fairly rampant crime) are what will ultimately drive me out of Houston. I travel for work to Austin and Dallas, and now understand the superiority complex they have over Houston. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Visitor said:

Wow, so much parking. I'm resigned to the fact Houston will never get it, and subsequently will never reach its potential. All of this prime land that is being repurposed is like hitting a bloop single, we are just barely getting on base. In the books it's a hit, but those who were there really know how unimpressive it actually was.

Realistically, these types of things (and the fairly rampant crime) are what will ultimately drive me out of Houston. I travel for work to Austin and Dallas, and now understand the superiority complex they have over Houston. 

haters gonna hate

• Like 6

I think the apartment part is the best part. Memorial Herman is just ‘eh in asthetics. I do not like the strip center they are advertising in the video. They should have made the entire development look more industrial and simple. I hope good taste prevails 

Edited by Avossos
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, mollusk said:

Wood frame construction adjacent to UP's east - west mainline.  What's not to love?

I once took a tour at the HiLine Heights Apartments just down the railroad tracks at Heights Ave. During the tour, I noticed a train going by out the window but you couldn't even hear it until the balcony door was opened. Was actually surprised! It too is a wood-frame multi-family unit.

6 hours ago, Triton said:

I once took a tour at the HiLine Heights Apartments just down the railroad tracks at Heights Ave. During the tour, I noticed a train going by out the window but you couldn't even hear it until the balcony door was opened. Was actually surprised! It too is a wood-frame multi-family unit.

I need that insulation.  Prolly wouldn't hurt with the 'lectric bill, either.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 3:47 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Yeah, I gave up. I asked the mods to correct the title in the first place but instead of Studemont Junction, they added Student Junction and spelled Supply wrong. I didn't want to get on their nerves about the correction, so I let it be. But I'm happy someone noticed this. Maybe mods will change it because having the correct spelling helps to find this thread on Google and when using the search.

it was a very supple warehouse, or so I heard.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...