Modera Waugh: Multifamily At 716 Waugh Dr.

swtsig

He seemed amazed that I knew which projects ACC was doing concrete work at, East Bend Fairfield and the Laura East River. I told him HAIF is where I keep informed and he googled it. That is when he brought up the future contracts they have in the works.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, freundb said:

Need one there and on Washington that meet up with the Green and Purple line

Washington needs a straight-up LRT extension, in my opinion. (So, especially, does Westheimer).

A w. Dallas / w. Gray trolley loop could be effective as a true trolley, I think, because of the length limits (though I'd happily take an LRT line there as well). 

• Like 6

On 9/7/2022 at 3:21 AM, 004n063 said:

Washington needs a straight-up LRT extension, in my opinion. (So, especially, does Westheimer).

The challenge is that LRT takes up about three lanes, or 1.5 from each side minimum, sometimes more. Main St downtown was three lanes each way, now it's one lane. Six lanes of traffic down to two.

Washington Ave and Westheimer Rd are size constrained, and they both carry a shotload of traffic. Can you imagine if Westheimer lost any lanes? The peasants would revolt!

4 hours ago, astrohip said:

The challenge is that LRT takes up about three lanes, or 1.5 from each side minimum, sometimes more. Main St downtown was three lanes each way, now it's one lane. Six lanes of traffic down to two.

Washington Ave and Westheimer Rd are size constrained, and they both carry a shotload of traffic. Can you imagine if Westheimer lost any lanes? The peasants would revolt!

They would, but the long-term effect in either case would be a reduction in traffic congestion.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/7/2022 at 3:21 AM, 004n063 said:

A w. Dallas / w. Gray trolley loop could be effective as a true trolley, I think, because of the length limits (though I'd happily take an LRT line there as well). 

How about a bi-directional West Dallas ↔︎ Montrose ↔︎ Westheimer ↔︎ Bagby circulator trolley bus?  That would serve a greater number of transit-friendly people in an area that needs more transit.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

5 minutes ago, bobruss said:

Just curious why American General hasn't developed this very valuable tract of ground level parking lots. This has a lot of potential.

The parking lot to the right belongs to Whole Foods Waugh, the much smaller one to the left is theirs.