HEB At 2300 N. Shepherd Dr.

lilyheights

13 hours ago, nate4l1f3 said:

I’m for these being built in an urban format like this but they seem like a real hassle if you want to just run in and out. 

On foot or by car?

The store is still built to engage the parking lot instead of the street. 

The materials on the garage are better than the typical raw concrete, and having the openings is better than a blank wall, but it's pretty clearly built for people to arrive by car. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/18/2018 at 4:35 AM, Angostura said:

On foot or by car?

Both, I imagine. The Bellaire store I found particularly confusing, as there's a parking lot without a real clear indication of where the store actually is relative to you, and then when you enter, you enter into a lobby with elevators and escalators.

3 hours ago, IronTiger said:

Both, I imagine. The Bellaire store I found particularly confusing, as there's a parking lot without a real clear indication of where the store actually is relative to you, and then when you enter, you enter into a lobby with elevators and escalators.

Are you one of those people who has trouble finding the  trains at George Bush Airport?  😉

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Luminare said:

Thats actually really clever making the "I" the fire hydrant haha. Need more urban street elements like this. Good way to bring character to a neighborhood.

What I've heard is that the "I" is missing so folks can do this....

Screen_Shot_2019-01-29_at_4.17.01_PM_jw0

1 hour ago, august948 said:

What I've heard is that the "I" is missing so folks can do this....

Screen_Shot_2019-01-29_at_4.17.01_PM_jw0

If that's the case it doesn't surprise me it was so poorly planned with the fire hydrant. Houston motto: #goodenough

1 hour ago, Visitor said:

If that's the case it doesn't surprise me it was so poorly planned with the fire hydrant. Houston motto: #goodenough

And here I always thought Houston's motto was #comehungryleavehappy  😀

You're right, though, someone didn't check the fire codes for hydrant placement before deciding where to put the sign.

2 hours ago, Visitor said:

From looking at more pics it looks like its more for any individual who wants to stand in to be the "I", but I thought it was funny how from a certain perspective view the hydrant can slide right in.

Why such a Debby downer?

I fully expect them to now go and "correct" this by moving them letters to the right and it will be painfully obvious they moved it, haha.  Still think it was a cool and well intentioned idea, just too bad it was executed by Houston. ;)

Looking forward to shopping this store, and then hopefully the one at Heights/Waugh/Washington.

Was in the neighborhood so I stopped by this store today.  Was hoping they would "central market" it up a little, but it seems to be pretty much a standard store built on top of a parking garage.  If you can get a spot underneath that's a plus when it rains (like today) or during the summer when it's 500 degrees in the shade.  Noticed that the pharmacy and curbside pickup were both downstairs in the garage so that'll be convenient.  On the way up Shepherd from I-10 I noticed some larger development projects going on.  That area will look very different in 5 to 10 years.

I have been to both Kroger and HEB since HEB opened.  Kroger seems the same in terms of foot traffic.  HEB is packed during prime shopping hours to the point that you have to park on the street if you do not want to circle around the parking lot and fight for a spot.  I suspect that will die down as the novelty wears off and certainly when the Waugh store opens. 

I definitely think that there are a lot of people at HEB who are coming down from the north side and GOOF who would not otherwise be shopping at Kroger on 11th.  

As for HEB v Kroger, it is a bit of a draw.  HEB has a nice seafood counter and some good produce specials.  But Kroger is easier to shop with all the organics in one place and has a much better wine and beer selection and a good cheese shop.  I assume that HEB will put more fancy offerings in the Waugh store because as August noted, this one is pretty conventional.  

• The title was changed to Heights Fiesta Property For Sale
  • The title was changed to Fiesta At 2300 N. Shepherd Dr.

Archived