Fairview Collective: Mixed-Use At Fairview St. & Mason St.

dfwill

34 minutes ago, hindesky said:

The 4 way Stop signs are back up at the intersection of Fairview/Tuam and Genesse St., these might be for a future signal light at the intersection. I know most drivers come flying through the intersection heading westbound.

I went through that intersection yesterday - 2 cars ran the stop signs in the short time I was stopped

Edited by HoustonMidtown
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 6:58 PM, hindesky said:

Jethro's Backyard Restaurant is moving into suite 102.

nL0Irhr.png

AsBnHiG.jpg

ffvXtOl.jpg

On 6/30/2022 at 4:42 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Great find, @hindesky!

Jethro's Backyard, coming to 95 Tuam, Suite 102, is a casual bar & grill restaurant concept from Los Angeles restaurateurs. The restaurateurs are the proprietors of Texas-style barbecue restaurant Horse Thief BBQ and Cafe Birdie in Los Angeles.

According to Jethro's Backyard's Instagram, the menu will center around burgers and cocktails.

This may also be a beer garden. Trademark filings for the logo lists beer garden as one of the goods & services the business plans on providing.

The estimated arrival of Jethro's Backyard is early 2023, according to the restaurant's Instagram bio.

This should be a fun addition to Midtown. I'm looking forward to seeing the bar's design.

Instagram for Jethro's Backyard: @jethrosbackyard

Instead of Jethro's Backyard, the name of the business is Jethro's.  Also, some time this summer, Jethro's changed its name on Instagram from @jethrosbackyard to @jethroscocktails

A rendering of Jethro's is on the bar's Instagram. The rendering was posted earlier in the summer.

Jethro's located at 95 Tuam St, Suite 102. The bar is slated to open later this year.

X89nzx0.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

A plan review fee permit was filed today for 95 Tuam St, Suite 103. According to the permit, the space is for a bar possibly named Maxaryk. I think this may be tied to Gatsby Hospitality (Gatsby's). If it's not, it may be from someone who previously worked for Gatsby Hospitality.

Studio Five / Studio Five Design purchased the permit and is designing the renovated space.

95 Tuam St is part of a collection of buildings known as the Fairview Collective.

d2hNiQl.png

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 1:08 AM, hindesky said:

zC8m2iN.png

On 10/3/2023 at 12:56 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

A plan review fee permit was filed today for 95 Tuam St, Suite 103. According to the permit, the space is for a bar possibly named Maxaryk. I think this may be tied to Gatsby Hospitality (Gatsby's). If it's not, it may be from someone who previously worked for Gatsby Hospitality.

Studio Five / Studio Five Design purchased the permit and is designing the renovated space.

95 Tuam St is part of a collection of buildings known as the Fairview Collective.

d2hNiQl.png

The space at 95 Tuam St, Suite 103, was previously slated for Gatsby Sushi, but a bar possibly named Maxaryk is opening in its place.

Since the owner of Maxaryk has ties to Gatsby Hospitality (Gatsby's), it's possible this may be similar to Bar Victor and Daisy Buchanan. Both concepts were upscale lounges and cocktail bars. I suppose we'll find out soon. 

In the meantime, it appears Maxaryk is on Instagram. There could be details posted the bar's IG in the coming months.

https://www.instagram.com/maxarykhtx

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Below is a map outlining the 211 Farview Ave parcel (211 Fairview St).

This was previously proposed for Fairview District. Currently, it's a parking lot next to Reeves Art + Design at 2415 Taft St.

0nUg1GB.jpg

12 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

December 2022 Street View of 211 Fairview St

AMGdLDx.jpg

JK8RcLn.jpg

nsjAkTR.jpg

March 2022 Street View of 211 Fairview St (along Mason St)

mdPg8Fo.jpg

Bl7gktL.jpg

Jznmw4a.jpg

Recent leasing materials for a nearby property list a new restaurant possibly in the works for 211 Fairview St.

Leasing materials list Pie Tap / Pie Tap Pizza Workshop + Bar on the 211 Fairview St property. The restaurant is a pizzeria with locations in the Dallas and Fort Worth areas.

It's possible Pie Tap is eying a Houston expansion. Still, I don't know if there's truth to the inclusion. 

https://pie-tap.com

A9Rp1LM.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2023 at 1:08 AM, hindesky said:

zC8m2iN.png

d2hNiQl.png

On 10/6/2023 at 3:53 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

The space at 95 Tuam St, Suite 103, was previously slated for Gatsby Sushi, but a bar possibly named Maxaryk is opening in its place.

Since the owner of Maxaryk has ties to Gatsby Hospitality (Gatsby's), it's possible this may be similar to Bar Victor and Daisy Buchanan. Both concepts were upscale lounges and cocktail bars. I suppose we'll find out soon. 

In the meantime, it appears Maxaryk is on Instagram. There could be details posted the bar's IG in the coming months.

https://www.instagram.com/maxarykhtx

The official Instagram for Maxaryk launched last month. Their social doesn't have much information about the concept. In one post, there is a possible rendering of the bar. It could also be some kind of design inspiration. I really don't know.

Maxaryk is located at 95 Tuam St, Suite 103. 

https://www.instagram.com/maxaryk.bar

lSBIA4a.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

d2hNiQl.png

There is an architectural barriers project filing for 95 Tuam St, Ste 103. It was filed today with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR.)  The filing is for Maxaryk.

Below are details from the architectural barriers project filing:

• Estimated Start Date: March 1, 2024

• Estimated Completion Date: July 1, 2024

• Estimated Cost:  $265,000

• Type of Work: Renovation/Alteration

• Scope of Work: Bar interior remodel

• Square Footage: 2,950 sf

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Print/TABS2024007735

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 7:09 PM, hindesky said:

Terrance Gallivan from Pass and Provisions is opening a retail store and a restaurant next door called Elro Pizzaria/Crudo Bar.

"Gallivan will open Elro Pizza // Crudo (named for his children, Eleanor and Ronan), described as a neighborhood pizzeria and crudo bar in a bungalow at 2405 Genesee. It’s set to open this spring."

https://preview.houstonchronicle.com/dining/terrence-gallivan-returns-to-houston-dining-scene-16774104

TLDR for the retail store.

Architect - https://www.jtarcstudio.com

zZvyvjr.pngDvENDZI.png

ULccjLa.jpg

3FKvjqk.jpg

On 8/17/2023 at 1:56 AM, hindesky said:

Cellarette is a wine shop.

6FsvkjA.png

A S 1 Additional Structural permit was filed earlier this week for 90 Tuam St. The permit is for Cellarette. In its Instagram bio, Cellarette is described as a neighborhood wine shop.

Detail from the permit:

• Use: Convert 1,122 sf residence into retail 1-1-5-m-b '12 IBC

KpwumHP.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/7/2023 at 6:42 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Recent leasing materials for a nearby property list a new restaurant possibly in the works for 211 Fairview St.

Leasing materials list Pie Tap / Pie Tap Pizza Workshop + Bar on the 211 Fairview St property. The restaurant is a pizzeria with locations in the Dallas and Fort Worth areas.

It's possible Pie Tap is eying a Houston expansion. Still, I don't know if there's truth to the inclusion. 

https://pie-tap.com

A9Rp1LM.jpg

It's likely Pie Tap / Pie Tap Pizza Workshop + Bar is leasing or in negotiations to lease a space in Montrose after all.

A sales brochure for nearby properties showed Pie Tap possibly coming soon to 211 Fairview St last fall. The restaurant is a pizzeria with locations in the Dallas and Fort Worth areas.

About two weeks ago, a entity filing for Pie Tap Fairview, LLC, was registered with the state. I assume the filing is for Pie Tap at 211 Fairview St.

Additionally, there appears to be plans for another Houston location of Pie Tap. As mentioned in the topic for Novel River Oaks, an outpost is likely opening in the development.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A proposed Class 2 subdivision replat (C2R) named SF Investments Commercial Development was submitted last week. The replat consists of the following parcels: 

• 90 Tuam St
  • 2405 Genesee St

The reason for replat is "to create one unrestricted reserve." According to proposed replat, the reserve size is 0.14 acres. I'm unsure if this will be discussed at this week's planning commission meeting.

2405 Genesee St is currently home to local Italian restaurant Elro. The Cellarette is coming soon to 90 Tuam, as mentioned previously. It's a food and beverage concept from the proprietor of Elro.

71BBhr6.jpeg

qSVS4cd.jpeg

Rag1S61.jpeg

BgpaB1G.jpeg

• Like 1

More sign permits were purchased yesterday for 95 Tuam St, Suite 102:

• Sign site inspection
  • Sign plan review

Details from the permits:

• Use: New wall 9 X 3 Jethro's Cocktail Lounge
  • FCC Group: Non-residential alteration

Jethro's a new bar and cocktail lounge. It's slated to open this year.

Sign site inspection

HaR0MmE.png

Sign plan review:

oVB1GHD.png