Multifamily High-Rise Near I-10 & Eldridge Pkwy.

Triton

From Prime Property:

The days are numbered for the homes in the Addicks Dam subdivision in the Energy Corridor.

A Dallas investor has purchased 21 residential lots in the tiny neighborhood near the Katy Freeway and Eldridge for a multifamily redevelopment project, according Mark Kidd Sr. of M Kidd Properties.

Blackhaw Partners, a subsidiary of JDMco and J. D. McCaslin & Co. of Dallas, recently completed the purchase of the lots which total about 10 acres, Kidd said.

“This has been attempted at least three times in the past by other brokers and it just never worked,” said Kidd, who handled the transactions for most of the sellers. “To get 21 families (and some investors) to agree on a price and the timing was nothing short of a miracle.”

Most of the homes in the Addicks Dam subdivision have been there since the early 1950s, and some of the sellers were original owners. Five of the lots have been cleared, and the rest have single-family homes that will be torn down.

The lots are on Redhaw and Blackhaw Streets, north of Interstate 10. The site is north of the proposed extension of Park Row Boulevard near Eldridge.

Kidd represented homeowners, families and investors over a 2 1/2-year period to assemble, market and close on the 21 transactions.

]14205054319_8bb7850f73_o.png

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2014/06/tiny-energy-corridor-subdivision-to-be-redeveloped-as-multifamily-project/

Yes and no, IMO. Keep the oaks or replant them to suit the site, but like the homes that existed along I45 past Greenspoint toward The Woodlands, that I am assuming were built in the 70s and are slowly being razed for commercial or high density residential; Houston is about progress and redevelopment. So, to me, it stands to reason, low, mid and high-rise residential is the future of I10 between Memorial City and Katy. Of course, to accompany the commercial development. I for one would not like to live next to high rises which block out the sun, create wind tunnel disturbances, and create more traffic. UNLESS, I was in a highrise myself. ;P

I for one would not like to live next to high rises which block out the sun, create wind tunnel disturbances, and create more traffic. UNLESS, I was in a highrise myself. ;P

Why not? Besides the topography (mainly pines & oaks), all we have to look at are high-rises. 

Why not? Besides the topography (mainly pines & oaks), all we have to look at are high-rises.

Agreed. Also, this neighborhood backs up to the dam and is right next to the Eldridge flood gate that actually has some good fishing. There's also hiking etc. Really neat place. Most don't know it's there.

As far as the trees being saved? I doubt the street layout will allow many to be saved. There are some oaks that are at least 75 to 100 years old.

Agreed. Also, this neighborhood backs up to the dam and is right next to the Eldridge flood gate that actually has some good fishing. There's also hiking etc. Really neat place. Most don't know it's there.

As far as the trees being saved? I doubt the street layout will allow many to be saved. There are some oaks that are at least 75 to 100 years old.

I wouldn't want to live right next to one if in a single family home in a place like West U or the Boulevards, though if I lived in a higher density neighborhood like Downtown or Uptown, then I wouldn't mind at all.  If the building was just 10 floors that might make things different, compared to say a 30 floor tower.  I also think an office tower would be better than a condo, and a hotel would probably be the worst neighbor - aside from a concert venue or bar.

I also think if the building had to be located on any particular side of my property I think West would be the best.  Wouldn't block prevailing winds, would block out the summer sun which would greatly reduce your summer electric bills, and provide plenty of shade from 1pm on so outdoor activities in your yard would be quite pleasant.

This is going to be a highrise!

A Dallas-based development group plans to build a high-rise apartment complex on land it recently bought in the Energy Corridor that contains a small neighborhood.

Blackhaw Partners LP, a subsidiary of JDMco LLC and J.D. McCaslin & Co. Inc., purchased 21 contiguous residential lots in the Addicks Dam Subdivision for an undisclosed amount to build a 10-acre redevelopment project.

The lots are north of Interstate 10 and the proposed extension of Park Row Boulevard near Eldridge.

It took two and half years to complete all the sales of the deals, said Mark Kidd Sr. of Houston-based M Kidd Properties Inc., who represented most of the sellers, including the homeowners, families and investors in the transaction.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/breaking-ground/2014/06/houses-traded-for-apartments-for-new-energy.html

• 2 years later...
  • The title was changed to Multifamily High-Rise Near I-10 & Eldridge Pkwy.

Archived