3 Condo Towers: Skye, Rise, and Edge

Hey, are there anymore tinfoil hats left?? xD I liked the text in swamplot about this being similar to a "vanity project in Dubai". While I completely agree with this, I think this really could be the type of development that puts downtown over the edge. Just hope with those billions they really hit a home run.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a lot of you guys are looking deep into the location for the renderings. I think what their purpose using those is to show what their work looks like to people. Doesn't necessarily mean they'll use the same design or it'll be the same height.

If this is an actual project then it looks very good. I think someone recently mentioned condos are gaining traction in the Houston market, as are foreign investment, and this would fit both bills easily.

According to my magical reverse image search:

"Rise" is Number One Bloor in Toronto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_One_Bloor), and

"Edge" is the Limelight Condos in Muissisauga, Ontario (http://www.limelightcondos.com/select.html)

Edit: One Bloor looks like Aqua's fraternal twin: http://www.onebloor.com/

Clearly a Canadian plot to destroy our purity of essence.

I noticed the CN Tower in the video, but chalked that up to the pervasive cheesiness of the whole thing. 

If one were seriously marketing what could be in the neighborhood of a billion dollars worth of condos, you'd think you might want to scrub the materials a bit to rid them of the Nigerian crown prince selling Amway and used cars vibe. 

They used Keller-Williams name/logo on their website, which would be courting legal action if they were faking the whole thing. Maybe their marketing team is just horrible. 

Anyone friendly with a K-W agent? 

Here's the deal on these:  the same promises have been made in other cities by the same "developer" and it's highly likely this is a scam.   

The red flags are:

-unnamed location

-unrealistic timeline

-price too low to make profit (and certaintly too low to fund a 'fleet of cars' and other amenities)

-odd sign up process which claims to be via HAR but no information is provided

-no contact information provided

-no bank contact / logo provided

-no builder listed

-stock images of highrises from other cities and developers who have no connection to the project

The same site was up with an almost-identical building in Austin and Dallas by this guy:

https://sites.google.com/site/andywestpublicrecord/

I know it sounds bizarre but people do go to the trouble of making up projects and renderings.  On HAIF v1 someone posted detailed renderings of "Trillion Tower" as a joke.

I suppose that in this scam people are expected to put down a deposit for their unit, which will eventually conveniently disappear.

Moved out of "Going Up", because it almost certainly isn't.

Here's the deal on these: the same promises have been made in other cities by the same "developer" and it's highly likely this is a scam.

The red flags are:

-unnamed location

-unrealistic timeline

-price too low to make profit (and certaintly too low to fund a 'fleet of cars' and other amenities)

-odd sign up process which claims to be via HAR but no information is provided

-no contact information provided

-no bank contact / logo provided

-no builder listed

-stock images of highrises from other cities and developers who have no connection to the project

The same site was up with an almost-identical building in Austin and Dallas by this guy:

https://sites.google.com/site/andywestpublicrecord/

Are you saying that Huey, Dewey, and Louie aren't going to happen? I mean, Skye, Rise, and Edge?

• 2 weeks later...

Me :P. Here's the email I got a few days ago after signing up.

Dear *******,

I am pleased to confirm your place on the certified list for Elevated Living Houston’s new high-rise luxury condo developments. The developer has chosen to guarantee a very open and fair sales process. The Marketing Center will not be open to the public. Your place on the list ensures your invitation to the Marketing Center, which opens this summer.

We will contact you soon with dates and times that accommodate your schedule. Please explore the attached Elevated Houston Introduction. I will also forward all updates from the developer.

The email contained additional contact information - another email adress and a phone number. No "Elevated Houston Introduction" was attached to the email. I emailed them back, asking for the introduction but have yet to receive a response.

Despite the fact this "proposal" is probably not real, or even remotely possible - it is possible that a recently constructed existing building elsewhere "could be" used in another city if it is the same developer?

Funny, the more information they release, the less credible this company/developer seems.  Would have been better to simply have that first cheesey video and nothing else!

The catch is that you have to put your money down before construction starts.  

I would trust it a lot more if the video weren't populated with stock photography images (attractive people wearing blue) instead of actual humans.  

The catch is that you have to put your money down before construction starts.

I would trust it a lot more if the video weren't populated with stock photography images (attractive people wearing blue) instead of actual humans.

Is there any money back guarantee with condos, or do you put down the cash once they've pre-sold enough units to get dirt moving?

• 1 month later...

It's all about method of construction. The preferred method of construction for most mid-rise to high-rise buildings today is concrete. It's going to take a long time due to the nature of the material and how long it takes to cure, but you get a stronger building and more floor space because you don't have to have so many columns. I mean the typical cure rate of concrete is around 28 days if I remember correctly. That limits how many floors you can build at one time. I'm going to guess that this will be a building built from a "kit of parts" of sorts and all made from steel with a concrete core for stuff like fire stairs, elevators, etc... Also what I mean by "kit of parts" is using prefabricated materials which you bring to the site for it to be hoisted up and erected quickly and I'm not just talking about little pieces either. It's very possible to do this in only 12 months, but it's going to be a very compact building! It does fit better in the residential market though as a rigid steet column layout wouldn't really detract from a home when it would an office that wants to maximize floor space.

• 3 months later...

Archived