Alexan Downtown: Multifamily At 1414 Texas Ave.

downtownian

In terms of neighborhood, Alexan is more developed.  Eighteen 25, on the southern fringe of downtown, is in a more sketchy locale, but things will improve in coming years as more development happens around it.  In terms of the living space itself, both seem very nice!  If I had to choose, I’d go with Alexan.

5 hours ago, MarathonMan said:

In terms of neighborhood, Alexan is more developed.  Eighteen 25, on the southern fringe of downtown, is in a more sketchy locale, but things will improve in coming years as more development happens around it.  In terms of the living space itself, both seem very nice!  If I had to choose, I’d go with Alexan.

Thanks for the reply!

21 minutes ago, EllenOlenska said:

Every time I go by 1825 I think an upper floor apartment facing west would have a great view of bell tower of the Cathedral. 

Not to mention 1825 has the rooftop pool facing downtown.

I'm just glad we have moved from "should I move downtown?" to "where in downtown should i move to?"

On 8/9/2018 at 2:12 PM, urbanize713 said:

Not to mention 1825 has the rooftop pool facing downtown.

I'm just glad we have moved from "should I move downtown?" to "where in downtown should i move to?"

Ok guys one more. Alexan downtown or 500 Crawford? :mellow:

I'm going on my 3rd year at 500 and love it. It can definitely get crowded during Astros home games, especially during the playoffs/world series, but getting to the parking garage on La Branch isn't bad at all. Its fun walking around to the nearby bars and restaurants on gamedays then just walking (or crawling) back home.

• 4 months later...
17 minutes ago, ttuchris said:

Does anyone know what happened to Alexan?  I noticed the name was changed to 1414 Texas and it is now owned by ZRS Management.  Seems like a really quick sale.  The building has only been complete for 6 months. 

https://www.1414texasdowntown.com/

hopefully that means they will call the new 40 story building Alexan... if they ever start on that.

30 minutes ago, ttuchris said:

Does anyone know what happened to Alexan?  I noticed the name was changed to 1414 Texas and it is now owned by ZRS Management.  Seems like a really quick sale.  The building has only been complete for 6 months. 

Trammel Crow Residential (Alexan) sold the property in August 2018

56 minutes ago, ttuchris said:

TCR is a merchant builder, if the price is right they would sell as soon as the property is completed.....if not sooner

2 hours ago, TexasGeneral said:

Developers typically sell as soon as the project is stabilized to a company that intends to hold the property for the long term. 

That is true for some developers, but certainly not all. For example, Finger does not typically sell their projects (I'm not sure they've ever sold one), and that does not seem to be  the typical procedure for Trammel Crow either. I don't think Hanover typically sells their projects either.  (But for almost any developer, if the price is right, the property is for sale; apparently, ZRS made a sweet offer for 1414 Texas. 

• The title was changed to Alexan Downtown: Multifamily At 1414 Texas Ave.