Pizza in Houston

I used to like Luigi's a lot but the last two times I went the pizza smelled bad so I am no longer a fan.

Yea, this seems to be a major problem of mine also. Luigi's is great or it's awful. Franks, downtown also. How hard can it be to do a thin crust plain cheese pizza with consistency? That's all I ask. Will try Brthers when out that way. Denver had Famous Pizza, no matter the time of day you could walk in order a slice and it was always good, maybe not super fresh but consistently good!

What kind of bad smell are we talking about? Bad cheese? Smells like feet? Didn't want garlic? I've only been to Frank's twice but it was good both times. Need to try Luigi's.

I won't speak for slickvic, but to me "bad smell" in referencing pizza would be they've allowed one or more items to sour. The ingredients at some za houses are left in too warm for too long prep areas. Me loves a good smelly cheese n lots-o-garlic please. Lol I do hate though, when I want just a slice and it may look fine sitting there but once I take that first bite I can tell it sat there just long enough to "grow rancid" yuk-yuk.

Franks is still my fav, especially as I live so close. I've just learned to speak up and have them make a do-over.

Edited by Utinga

I don't know how to explain the smell, it just didn't smell right. Romano's is pretty good as well for a slice but I think Frank's is better since they have more fresh ones coming all the time.

I think Pizza taste is more subjective as to the type you actually want.

Franks is always awesome for a quick bite to eat and something fresh.

Star's is also great when you want something thick.

Then again, in a pinch there's always pizza hut and customize the heck out of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Roma's formerly located in Kingwood on W Lake Houston Parkway and Upper Lake Dr. Since closed but omg they had good pizza. They have another location in Huffman on 2100. Their garlic knots are pretty awesome too. By the way dont get side tracked by the other Italian location there Italiano's. Their food is the same because they are family and use the same recipe but those people are just rude and nasty. I wouldn't recommend that place to someone I didn't like... ok maybe I would.

Frank's Pizza is good, but OMG have you tried their burger? It's one of the best burgers I've ever had, anywhere. It takes a good 15-20 minutes to prepare, so you might want to call ahead. I'm not crazy about the pizza oven cooked fries, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We had Piola last night. It was really REALLY good! The place was packed, so we sat at the bar, service was great, food was great, just kinda loud because Tuesday is "Ladies Night", and women tend to scream if within spitting distance of a cocktail.

• 2 months later...

Well it's certainly NOT Pink's Pizza....

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8783351

"At Pink's Pizza at 2726 Bissonnet, inspectors found potentially hazardous food off temperature, and employees were told to throw away ham, beef, chicken, bacon and cheese; 16 pounds of food in all had to be discarded."

:blink: :blink:

• 1 year later...

Title says it all: what's the best pizza place in Houston?

As a side-note, back in 2011, I had a pretty good take-out pizza while at the Texas Medical Center, but I forgot the name of it (it wasn't Brothers, and it seemed rather expensive for a take-out, upper end of the spectrum)