Pizza in Houston

I'm sure there's some rustic roadside place in Calabria where it's all authentic and stuff, but the soft egg on pizza thing is NASTY to me.

I have been considering trying Pink's, and they deliver to my office, but a few different people have told me that their sauce is overly sweet, and not in a good way. Anyone a Pink's fan? I've been begging the Romanos guys to deliver to my building, but they won't. And everyone on my floor is so tired of Star they won't hardly touch it. I need a new delivery option for my work peeps when I call lunch meetings!

I'm sure there's some rustic roadside place in Calabria where it's all authentic and stuff, but the soft egg on pizza thing is NASTY to me.

I have been considering trying Pink's, and they deliver to my office, but a few different people have told me that their sauce is overly sweet, and not in a good way. Anyone a Pink's fan?

been a couple of times but the garlic was undercooked so the pizza ended up being bitter. i love garlic but this was a turnoff.

guys as I'm new on the forum I dont want to look like a jerk, but if you are talking about pizza ( the real one ) the only place that you can have one is Dolce Vita .... and maybe Arcodoro, now if you taking about something that look like pizza, any place will be fine dry.gif

• Like 1

Well i was helping a friend move into their new home north of Willis and we all ordered from this little place in town called Pizza Shack. It was very delicious. Actually reminded me of Rays Pizza in NYC that i had back in May. My favorite hands down, But the next best would gotta be Pizza Shack there in Willis. Not exactly convenient as far as the location seeing as its like 45 miles north of Houston but a definate must stop for those weekend fisherman on lake Conroe or Motorcyclists that like the weekend travel north.

Well i was helping a friend move into their new home north of Willis and we all ordered from this little place in town called Pizza Shack. It was very delicious. Actually reminded me of Rays Pizza in NYC that i had back in May. My favorite hands down, But the next best would gotta be Pizza Shack there in Willis. Not exactly convenient as far as the location seeing as its like 45 miles north of Houston but a definate must stop for those weekend fisherman on lake Conroe or Motorcyclists that like the weekend travel north.

Do they deliver? laugh.gif

• 1 year later...

Going to Chicago kind of ruined pizza for me because it showed me pizza's potential. Nothing in Houston can beat legit Chicago deepdish.

THat is no, nor shall it ever be, pizza, a za or a pie yes. Hahaha It is a.....

how much stuff can we stuff into dough so you may stuff yourselves. Hahaha New york style is the second best after authentic Italian for me. Lol

Bombay's is quite good. I love the crispy, thin crust. Surprised he hasn't opened a second location somewhere because that place always has a crowd.

he's opening another location in sugraland.

both locaitons will have indian style ice cream parlors next door.

As far as inside the loop, I've been to Piola's a couple of times and it's pretty darn good. The Quattro Formaggi pie is awesome. (Gorgonzola cheese, brie cheese and grana padano cheese)

I've been rather curious about piola's, but haven't had the chance to investigate.

As far as Fuzzy's goes, I'm very partial to the shepherd location. I don't want to say it is my absolute favorite, but it is up there for me for deep dish, but lately I've been preferring thin crust.

How do people feel about Fuzzy's? It's my personal favorite, although I've only had the one in Katy so I'm not sure how that compares with the other locations. I would imagine they are pretty similar though.

Star, Barry's and Candelari's are all very good...but I LOVE Fuzzy's on Fondren/Westheimer! Deep dish.

Star, Barry's and Candelari's are all very good...but I LOVE Fuzzy's on Fondren/Westheimer! Deep dish.

What I MEANT to say is that I love STAR on Shepherd, but I like Fuzzy's at the I-10 location. They're both awesome for deep dish.

Due to the wideI influence of Italian and Greek immigrants in American culture, the US has developed regional forms of pizza, some bearing only a casual resemblance to the Italian original. Chicago has its own style of a deep-dish pizza, whereas New York City has developed its own distinct variety of thin crust pizza. :wacko:

Ah, pizza.... The personal fav debate wages onward.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I consider myself something of an expert on this subject, since I have tried out pizza places all over the city.

Best overall Pizza

1. Pizza King (103 Davis Road, League City, 77573)

2. Angelo's (400 W. Bay Area Blvd, Webster, TX 77598)

3. Romano's

4. Collina's

5. Pink's

Best authentic Italian pizza: Piola

Best deep dish: Candelari's

Best pizza by the slice: Frank's

I consider myself something of an expert on this subject, since I have tried out pizza places all over the city.

Best overall Pizza

1. Pizza King (103 Davis Road, League City, 77573)

2. Angelo's (400 W. Bay Area Blvd, Webster, TX 77598)

3. Romano's

4. Collina's

5. Pink's

Best authentic Italian pizza: Piola

Best deep dish: Candelari's

Best pizza by the slice: Frank's

Thanks for your favs, need to try a few. Pink's are good. What about your fav thin crust New York style?

I had some pretty good New York style pizza at Luigi's in Midtown, by Houston standards, that is. They also have a case of gelatos, and it's a BYOB restaurant. Very cool little place.

Definitely my vote too. Best NY style pizza around. Wish I lived back in that area just for the pizza!