I'm surprised that they blocked off those corners. I know that this is garage but I thought that could be a good place.

What do you mean "could be a good place"?

But yeah, strange they covered that corner of the garage. I wonder if that's the only corner they'll cover.. The northwest tower corner is some sort of atrium I believe, and the east side has the fitness center tucked in there.

So that's cool, but also cool is the small optical illusion you captured with the pavement of the garage and the wall your camera is (presumably) situated on/leaned over.

I didn't notice that. The lack of a shadow in that direction did something weird.

I drove past the site last night on the way home from the Astros game and they had a lot of the glass on the street prepping it for installation.  There was actually quite a bit of work going on throughout the tower and this was around 10:15.  

So this may be a dumb question, but how many of those "blocks" can be thrown onto a crane before the weight of all the other pieces above it, the cab, and the cargo hauled up, collapse on top of the bottom piece?

Most Liebherr tower cranes used for building construction are in this stats category....

http://www.liebherr.us/CC/en-GB/products_us-cc.wfw/id-15289-0