14 hours ago, HOUCAJUN said:

HEB is aware and has this development on their radar based on an Instagram post they responded to during last summer

where they were originally going to put that office tower would make a great spot for a more urban look HEB.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

As a relative newbie to a large metro area and these projects, what is the likelihood the other phases get built? I feel like we have many multi phase projects going where we are just sitting in the first phase. I can really only think of this and Regent Square as examples. 

Without having any inside info, I'd say the odds of Phase 2 happening for East River is VERY high. They seem to have a ton of money pouring into that project and they've struck up a ton of positive press and already have several tenants. If I were to totally guess on whether other projects will proceed, I'd say Hanover Autry Park will proceed as planned, but PostHTX and Regent Square will pause until interest rates go down or the economy improves further.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, freundb said:

As a relative newbie to a large metro area and these projects, what is the likelihood the other phases get built? I feel like we have many multi phase projects going where we are just sitting in the first phase. I can really only think of this and Regent Square as examples. 

I believe they did say originally that estimated full timeline would be 20 years.

1 hour ago, bookey23 said:

Without having any inside info, I'd say the odds of Phase 2 happening for East River is VERY high. They seem to have a ton of money pouring into that project and they've struck up a ton of positive press and already have several tenants. If I were to totally guess on whether other projects will proceed, I'd say Hanover Autry Park will proceed as planned, but PostHTX and Regent Square will pause until interest rates go down or the economy improves further.

Also, you have to wonder if more of the buildings planned will be built to own like the first phase. I'm sure it would just take a couple of additional commitments to spring some things forward. 

East River has a revised GP plat submission this week that tweaks the internal road network on the eastern side of the property, so there is still active long term planning for the entire development. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...