On 9/28/2022 at 7:42 AM, wilcal said:

Last weekend I was riding along Buffalo Bayou and there were a bunch of pleasure craft tied up along Allen's Landing. Evidently privately owned leisure boats are not allowed along the ship channel, but this group has been able to get a waiver once a year.

CXH5Fku.jpg

I do think East River had talked about doing a ferry to downtown at one point but they more recently mentioned adding some kind of street car I believe.

When I was managing Cabo's downtown, during the Boat show they allowed a fleet of boats to dock. There was also a group that came and dropped by Cabo's for drinks one night. They had come up from Clear Lake Kemah marinas.

• Like 2

https://rejournals.com/midways-east-river-announces-houston-maritime-center-will-open-in-mixed-use-projects-first-phase/

Houston-based Midway, the privately owned, fully integrated real estate investment and development firm, today announced Houston Maritime Center has leased a 6,281-square-foot space in the first phase of its East River mixed-use development. 

Established in 2000, the Houston Maritime Center (HMC) is an extension of founder James “Jim” L. Manzolillo’s unique experiences, personality, and lifelong association with the ocean. As a naval architect, Manzolillo traveled extensively, collecting artifacts from around the world. He eventually decided to share them with the public, and Houston offered a logical place to do that. Hence, Manzolillo began channeling his resources to create a museum to engage people of all ages in the history of ships and sea exploration. 

A 501(c)3 non-profit organization, HMC seeks to connect the community to one of Houston’s most valuable industries, offering a wide variety of exhibits that cover centuries of maritime history and the city’s impact on the maritime world. The Center also hosts a vast variety of virtual and in-person educational activities, modules, lectures, programs and events for all ages. Currently occupying an interim space at the confluence of Navigation and Canal streets in the East End, HMC will relocate to its new, larger space at East River in Spring 2023. Fittingly, their new space is in East River’s Trail Head 1 (Buidling F) office building, adjacent to the project’s bayou-side greenspace with stunning views of downtown Houston.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

This fits so much better than it current  location..  can we petition  them to push for the battleship  Texas and park it right along the bayou!! . Lmao 

Edited by Moore-to-it
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, cspwal said:

Could the Battleship make it past the turning basin and under the 610 bridge?

It could make it under 610 but after that there are 4 roads (Wayside Dr. 2 bridges, Lockwood and Hirsch) and 3 railroad bridges it couldn't make it under.

eLAcOp6.jpg

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, EllenOlenska said:

I'm from Pasadena. I've gone to the Battleship so many times. It's a great outing. I don't know, but I'd like to think it would be a hit with Houstonians. Imagine climbing to the conning tower to take in the view of the city. 

I agree. There's a lot this city doesn't take advantage of to market itself and create more touristy spots. We have ZZ Top and Howard Hughes as two names the city could really run with. The same way Chicago did with the Blues Brothers. The battleship would have been awesome though! 

46 minutes ago, bookey23 said:

What do we think this will be? I couldn't find any listing for "Riverby Road". Is this a road that will be built in the future??

39 minutes ago, hindesky said:

I think it will be a future road in the complex.

Previously posted plats showing Riverby Road:

On 8/4/2022 at 5:51 PM, hindesky said:

Proposed plat passed.

wbeugAa.png0Z18YbF.png

xgmh7Un.png

N9DLoIq.jpg

On 9/6/2022 at 5:09 PM, hindesky said:

Two new proposed plats.

ITrt9xW.png4ZVxZm8.png

eHikMP6.pngdaoKMrN.png

• Like 4