Architect - http://lh2architecture.com

https://www.astorianevents.com

Building on the success of their original Heights-area, Grand Central-inspired venue, the owners of The Astorian will debut a new 20,000 square-foot private event space and rooftop bar in Trail Head 1 (Building F). Located on the south side of East River Phase One overlooking Buffalo Bayou, the event space will include a spacious ballroom, bride and groom suites, and an outdoor wraparound deck with panoramic views of downtown Houston, allowing patrons to seamlessly flow between inside and outside settings. The venue design draws inspiration from its Buffalo Bayou location and natural surroundings, and will incorporate features such as smart technology, configurable spaces and a partially covered patio to accommodate a variety of events including weddings, receptions, corporate meetings, social gatherings and proprietary programming. The rooftop bar will be open to the public and also be available for private parties.

https://eastendhouston.com/midway-breaks-ground-on-east-river-announcing-first-tenants-in-phase-one-of-the-150-acre-mixed-use-development/

HBii390.pngSO1VauF.png

• Like 9

8 hours ago, cityliving said:

XnfrEMH.jpg

I guess I've never realized just how close Forth, the Mill, and East River are to one another (I don't spend a lot of time in EaDo/the East End). Hopefully East River catalyzes more dense developments (and taller ones in the future) similar to how the Domain in Austin has catalyzed dense ancillary developments around it.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, texan said:

I guess I've never realized just how close Forth, the Mill, and East River are to one another (I don't spend a lot of time in EaDo/the East End). Hopefully East River catalyzes more dense developments (and taller ones in the future) similar to how the Domain in Austin has catalyzed dense ancillary developments around it.

I also hope it catalyzes the construction of a pedestrian bridge there (or reconstruction of the Jensen bridge to better accommodate pedestrians and bicyclists).

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 3:04 PM, hindesky said:

iHLIHD3.jpg

This is a great pic to show the location of two projects across the bayou.

The red parcel is 800 Middle Street, an affordable housing project which Hindesky has a few other photos of: 

The blue parcel is city owned and they were doing an RFP for the development which included this proposal: 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jmitch94 said:

The amount of empty land out side of this gargantuan development is pretty amazing, so much potential. I really hope it is used well in the future. 

the way they are building, they are going to use every inch of it. I was shocked the first time I drove down Jensen when construction was underway how close they are starting this phase to the road.

and then you turn on Clinton and it feels like forever before you get to the end of the property. the scope of this thing is really immense, and there is so much potential to completely transform so much in the area.

• Like 6

The bayou looks a lot different during the months when there’s less (rainfall) runoff flowing into it. It was actually quite pretty this year because of the drought. Nothing really can be done about the color- our soil type and composition don’t lend us to having clear water, unlike Central Texas for example 🙃 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, BEES?! said:

The bayou looks a lot different during the months when there’s less (rainfall) runoff flowing into it. It was actually quite pretty this year because of the drought. Nothing really can be done about the color- our soil type and composition don’t lend us to having clear water, unlike Central Texas for example 🙃 

Lucky us. 😆 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, BEES?! said:

The bayou looks a lot different during the months when there’s less (rainfall) runoff flowing into it. It was actually quite pretty this year because of the drought. 

Can confirm. I often walk the east end bayou trail out towards Lockwood and the water color had been so nice. It's always great to walk along the bayou and watch the herons hunting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BEES?! said:

I am confused by this because the east end of Brays, while not exactly clear, always looks a lot nicer than any part of Buffalo or White Oak, from what I can tell. Is it really just soil?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 004n063 said:

I am confused by this because the east end of Brays, while not exactly clear, always looks a lot nicer than any part of Buffalo or White Oak, from what I can tell. Is it really just soil?

Hmm, good question. I’m not really sure why that might be. Maybe Brays just doesn’t get as much silt for one reason or another? 

Just now, BEES?! said:

Hmm, good question. I’m not really sure why that might be. Maybe Brays just doesn’t get as much silt for one reason or another? 

Long sections of Braes Bayou is lined in concrete whereas Buffalo Bayou isn't. Plus two large earthen dams feed Buffalo.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, samagon said:

the way they are building, they are going to use every inch of it. I was shocked the first time I drove down Jensen when construction was underway how close they are starting this phase to the road.

and then you turn on Clinton and it feels like forever before you get to the end of the property. the scope of this thing is really immense, and there is so much potential to completely transform so much in the area.

I’m talking about the adjacent properties not the land in this development. 

Apparently Buffalo bayou used to be clearer but having millions o people live in its watershed kind of messed that up. 

1 hour ago, Amlaham said:

The point of my post isn't to bash any of these beautiful cities. My point is that, the color of the bayou literally does not matter. People don't avoid boardwalks/ river walks just because of the water color, its all about the atmosphere. We have such a negative attitude towards our bayous with things we legit cannot change. Instead we should be focusing on making it more interactive instead of focusing on something that does not matter and will not change. I believe developments like this have done a great job being denser and closer to the bayou. Other excuses that legit don't matter 

• "but flooding," Amsterdam has had a history with flooding for hundreds of years, but they practically fixed this issue with proper flood control.
  • "but mosquitoes," the San Antonio river walk has bad mosquitos... Also, there is an area in Milan called Navigli, which is basically a canal with hundreds of restaurants and cafes, its extremely crowded with people....and guess what, the mosquito problem there is soo bad. Its actually so bad that there are vendors that sell mosquito spray throughout the strip, some restaurants even had it for their costumers, but that didn't stop anyone :)

We can only blame poor city planning 

I noticed that none of those cities have alligators... 🤫

• Haha 5