Highway 59 - 610 Interchange Partial Rebuild

14 minutes ago, mccumber said:

The once glorious view of the Galleria skyline from 610 NB at the top of the ramp over 59 is now blocked by this giant ramp. I noticed it this morning. The new ramp is super tall (SB 610 to NB 59)

It's not that bad I kinda like the new interchange 🤔

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to 610 & 59 Interchange Redesign Did Not Work 100%

They opened the new Chimney Rock exit on I-69.

Drove it tonight... gotta say, I liked it that it bypasses all the oncoming traffic from 610, but it is not smooth at all. Bunch of random "hills" in the roads particularly under the 610 mainlanes... here's to hoping it's not the finished product.

Edit: Picture from TXDOT

• Like 8

I still can't get over how bad the new 59/69 north flyover is from 610 with the convoluted signage. It makes you think the exit is after the 59/69 south exit, and that the lane you're supposed to be in is an exit only for the south exit. Going north used to be quick because you could drive in the third lane and pass all the cars stopped going south. Now you have to wait in line with them. It's quicker to exit Westheimer and go through the light to get onto the new on-ramp than it is staying on 610.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BigFootsSocks said:

I still can't get over how bad the new 59/69 north flyover is from 610 with the convoluted signage. It makes you think the exit is after the 59/69 south exit, and that the lane you're supposed to be in is an exit only for the south exit. Going north used to be quick because you could drive in the third lane and pass all the cars stopped going south. Now you have to wait in line with them. It's quicker to exit Westheimer and go through the light to get onto the new on-ramp than it is staying on 610.

Oh cool, I'll have to try the Westheimer exit. haha I've been avoiding this area because of it.

• Like 3