The Houston Post Building At 4747 Southwest Fwy.

doug

does anyone have a photo of the outside of the Houston Post building at 610/59 ?

I have a photo of the Post building, taken 4/19/95, the day after the Post closed. It has the previous Houston Post signage in the foreground. I would need to scan it. What would be the use? For this forum?

I have a photo of the Post building, taken 4/19/95, the day after the Post closed. It has the previous Houston Post signage in the foreground. I would need to scan it. What would be the use? For this forum?

Yes, please post the photo or email to me.

thankyou very much!

Is it still there? I haven't paid attention to that building since right before I left in '01, and it was still there. What has taken it's place at that location?

Also, anyone here happen to have the last Houston Post printed?

I don't have the last Houston Post printed, but I've seen it for sale in at least one local area antique store. I think they wanted $20 for it.

Is it still there? I haven't paid attention to that building since right before I left in '01, and it was still there. What has taken it's place at that location?

Also, anyone here happen to have the last Houston Post printed?

It was still there last time I was in the area. It was being used as a printing facility and additional office space by the Chronicle.

• 2 months later...
It was still there last time I was in the area. It was being used as a printing facility and additional office space by the Chronicle.

Not too long after the Houston Post occuppied this building there was a massive leak in the acid tanks. The leak filled the basement with several inches of acid, ruining everything that was on the floor. The first people who responded thought the leak

was several feet deep because the acid had eaten the legs off of the metal furniture. Nobody wanted to step into this stuff either.

A plumber decided to turn on several water hoses and dilute the acid until it was safe to enter. This was way before EPA, OSHA and all the other regulators we now have would have had to been contacted.

It is not for this forum doug is not a moderator or administrator with HAIF.

I do wonder what's up with all of his photo requests, though. He asks for photos, but when you ask him what they're for he never answers. <_<

It is not for this forum doug is not a moderator or administrator with HAIF.

I do wonder what's up with all of his photo requests, though. He asks for photos, but when you ask him what they're for he never answers. <_<

Nevermind. He answered in another thread. He's making a film.

• The title was changed to The Houston Post Building At 4747 Southwest Fwy.

Archived