Artis Montrose: Multifamily At 3300 Montrose Blvd.

dbigtex56

6 hours ago, hindesky said:

She definitely has perseverance, seems like she shows up at least once a week. I don't have the heart to tell her what the plans are. 

CgLW6br.jpg

RFbTykP.jpg

If somebody wants to go out there and counterprotest with one sign that just says "Nah" with an arrow pointing at her signs, I'll give you like 18 bucks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Texasota said:

That's ridiculous. It's hundreds of homes in a perfectly fine building. Is it less than it should have been? Absolutely. But it's a whole hell of a lot better than a vacant block.

Agreed. With Skanska planning a good amount of retail next door, Montrose Collective a few blocks over and a number of shops and restaurants within walking distance the area will be fine without it here. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I mean, its fine. They could have definitely done more with it though, considering the sheer size of the lot and its great location near such a busy intersection. GFR, more floors, anything really. Its just another dime a dozen wrap around apartment block. We'll all forget it exists half a decade from now.

13 hours ago, trymahjong said:

Geez

i was hoping more tweaking might've been done also. The corner of Montrose and Fairview really flooded during Harvey-- more green space might help that, especially if Texas native trees  and plants are used. 

Perhaps  Mr Farb could follow Mr Random example (Montrose collective) and donate a completely architecturally Devine bus stop for the community.
 Another thought.....my understanding is ALL NEW  sidewalks must be 5' width-- so additional green space would accommodate  that ......where would all this additional green space be found........? Perhaps making building footprint smaller  and building itself taller?  Tall enough to have 360 degree unobstructed view?l from that roof top swimming pool teaming with mature palm trees?
of course that  type of design might scream for more on site parking......open sided parking that might collect rainwater and allow for tumbling, hanging greenery that would provide a square block that would be 15% cooler than the other blocks during Houston's swelter summers?   Finally, all that "tweaking of the design" might produce a unique large multi planted  lobby, that would be made available to the occasional community meeting..................oh no I'm urban development daydreaming again- sigh.

I think you’re in the wrong thread

Is this rendering “final final”? I feel like with how low the stock market is today compared to what it was when disco Kroger was demolished last year, they should just wait it out for a market rebound instead of settling for this mediocre rendering.  Same logic for why a lot of tech start ups are holding off on IPOs this year.

Edited by clutchcity94
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wilcal said:

Also, not sure why they are doing a 25' BL along the northern edge. Only a 10' is required for reserves along a minor collector. 

Based on this render it looks like 8-10' of landscaping next to the curb, +-8' sidewalk and about 5' of more landscaping. Also the main driveway is on Lovett St.

nbKKXCz.png

• Like 5

This project will have to be spectacular if MPR Consultants want to atone for their neglect of this lot, which seems to indicate an indifference (at best) for its neighbors and the neighborhood in general.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dbigtex56 said:

This project will have to be spectacular if MPR Consultants want to atone for their neglect of this lot, which seems to indicate an indifference (at best) for its neighbors and the neighborhood in general.

1 hour ago, j_cuevas713 said:

I'm more disappointed at the lack of GFR

Let's all send emails 😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤

• Like 2

• The title was changed to 9-Story Multifamily Development At 3300 Montrose Blvd.

The Disco Kroger

Plans for the former site of the “Disco Kroger” — once arguably the most famous grocery store in Houston — have been finalized.

Georgia-based developer Southeastern plans to turn the site of the former 24-hour Kroger — which for nearly 40 years was frequented mostly by late-night and early-morning shoppers leaving nearby Montrose neighborhood LGBTQ bars and clubs when they closed for the night — into a seven-story $68 million mid-rise apartment complex, with two parking garages...