President Bush

groovehouse

http://mediamatters.org/items/200512240002

Good link regarding this matter. I apologize in advance to all you conservatives out there. I know the link goes to "MediaMatters" but hold your nose and try it anyway. Good reading.

Good link, west.

However, be prepared for the newest Cheney/Bush diversion tactic. It's not about illegal domestic spying, it's about who in the media leaked the info on the Cheney/Bush illegal domestic spying...you pinko commie! :D

B)

Good link, west.

However, be prepared for the newest Cheney/Bush diversion tactic. It's not about illegal domestic spying, it's about who in the media leaked the info on the Cheney/Bush illegal domestic spying...you pinko commie! :D

B)

Who leaked the info? Well it's soooo obvious. It's either Bill Clinton or the "left wing media". They are to blame for everything. Oh wait, it could be those welfare mom's or maybe those gay activists or the ACLU or the Democrats or the feminists or the Quakers or the Druids, those damn Godless heathens, or those damn Unitarians, not a real religion you know, no wait, it's probably..... Cindy Sheehan...no I mean Joe Wilson. Hmmm. Lots of choices. Oh well, just check the wire taps.

Edited by west20th

• 2 months later...
Let me start.

I would trust OJ Simpson with my white bronco before I would trust the Bush Admin with cutting our dependence on oil.

I'll give it a try with my top 10 list, but for me, it's all in fun. No offense to anyone, including President Bush....

10. I would trust George Micheal with baby oil before I would trust the Bush Admin

9. I would trust William Hung with a microphone before I would trust the Bush Admin

8. I would trust Dick Cheney down-range before I would trust the Bush Admin

7. I would trust Paris Hilton with a webcam and three hours of spare time before I would trust the Bush Admin

6. I would trust Baby Stewie with a WMD before I would trust the Bush Admin

5. I would trust Ken Lay as my accountant before I would trust the Bush Admin

4. I would trust Micheal Jackson with my kids as a weekend babysitter before I would trust the Bush Admin

3. I would trust Kobe Bryant at my high school reunion before I would trust the Bush Admin

2. I would trust Anna Nicole Smith as my wife before I would trust the Bush Admin

1. I would trust Osama with my passport before I would trust the Bush Admin

Edited by DJ V Lawrence

• 1 month later...
By Bill Brubaker

Washington Post Staff Writer

Thursday, May 11, 2006; Page A06

Coming soon: President Bush III?

The second -- and current -- President Bush suggested yesterday that his younger brother, Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, would make a "great president."

"I would like to see Jeb run at some point in time, but I have no idea if that's his intention or not," Bush said in an interview with Florida reporters, according to a story on the St. Petersburg Times Web site.

If that sounds familiar, the Bush brothers' father, former president George H.W. Bush, made a similar statement last year, telling CNN's Larry King that Jeb Bush would be "awfully good" as president.

"This guy's smart, big and strong. Makes the decisions," the first President Bush said then.

Read More: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6051001151.html

I would like to see Jeb run at some point in time, but I have no idea if that's his intention or not,

Who believes this? I'm not saying shrub is lying again...don't get me wrong :lol:

B)

BTW, I also got a chuckle when Trent Lott got caught in a truth today when asked if Jeb could beat Hillary: knee jerk answer=No.

Edited by nmainguy

Who believes this? I'm not saying shrub is lying again...don't get me wrong :lol:

B)

BTW, I also got a chuckle when Trent Lott got caught in a truth today when asked if Jeb could beat Hillary: knee jerk answer=No.

I can't see Jeb running in 2008, but I can see him running in 2012 if a Democrat is in office

I've yet to meet anyone, besides a very few diehard liberal democrats that will openly admit a willingness to vote for Hillary. I'm not saying Jeb should run against her, I just don't see people voting for her unless she truely is the lesser of two evils.

• 1 month later...

Kids.....I don't understand why GWB hangs around them. They always seem to

get the best of him.

George Bush goes to a primary school to talk to the kids to get a little PR.

After his talk he offers question time. One little boy puts up his hand and

George asks him his name.

"Stanley," responds the little boy.

"And what is your question, Stanley?"

"I have 3 questions. First, why did the USA invade Iraq without the

support of the UN? Second, why are you President when Al Gore got more

votes? And third, whatever happened to Osama Bin Laden?"

Just then, the bell rings for recess. George Bush informs the kiddies

that they will continue after recess.

When they resume George says, "OK, where were we? Oh, that's right:

question time. Who has a question?"

Another little boy puts up his hand. George points him out and asks him

his name.

"Steve! ," he responds.

"And what is your question, Steve?"

"Actually, I have 5 questions. First, why did the USA invade Iraq without

the support of the UN? Second, why are you President when Al Gore got more

votes? Third, whatever happened to Osama Bin Laden? Fourth, why did the

recess bell go off 20 minutes early? And fifth, what the hell happened to

Stanley?"

:lol::lol::lol:

If the recent announcement of North Korea test launching a long range missile possibly on Sunday doesn't convince you the Bush administration is completely incompetent when it comes to national security, diplomacy, and foreign affairs, then nothing will.

SEOUL

i was never worried about north korea or iran becuase they know if they went ahead and did something stupid like lob a missile at us or smuggle in a nuke and set it off in a major city, we would bomb them back to leave it to beaver

however, if i were in japan, south korea or israel, i'd be a tad but uneasy. even then, the IDF would spank iran and japan (despite to being limited to defense only) could take care of north korea. south korea would mop the floor with krazy kim.

North Korea has been developing nuclear capabilities and missiles right under our noses. Feel any safer now?

So what do you suggest that the U.S. do (or what would you have done to this point)? Try to negotiate with a dictator of a country that spends over a third of its GDP on the military even as its people starve? Preemptive military action taken upon a country that could turn Seoul into a firestorm using only conventional weapons (primarily artillery) within 10 minutes if it so chose, giving practically no warning to millions upon millions of innocent and vulnerable civilians? Eliminate any and all trade restrictions with a nation whose government is inherently xenophobic because opening up to trade would show the North Korean people that they don't actually live in the "paradise on earth" that Kim tells them they do?

To make matters worse, Kim isn't exactly a stable person. Aside from certain psychological issues that may be in play, he doesn't have a lot of options open to him if there's pressure put on him. Back in the day, N. Korea could expect help from China and Russia...these days, those countries are so closely linked to the U.S. economy that they cannot reasonably support N. Korea and expect to benefit from it in any way whatsoever. So what happens when this animal (Kim) is backed into a corner?

Honestly, I feel pity for any president that has had to actively deal with Kim... In all good concience, I cannot think of a reasonable solution without the risk of catastrophic consequences. If you've got one, I'm all ears.

I know we don't have much support in iraq, but I believe that if North Korea tried to pull anything a whole bunch of countries would be breathing down their neck, especially China and Russia.

Edited by Talbot

If the recent announcement of North Korea test launching a long range missile possibly on Sunday doesn't convince you the Bush administration is completely incompetent when it comes to national security, diplomacy, and foreign affairs, then nothing will.
Well, then I guess nothing will.

I say let Russia, China, Japan & South Korea worry about North Korea. They'll self implode eventually. They're too poor to do anything. They're definately too poor to wage a war.

Edited by Jeebus

I say let Russia, China, Japan & South Korea worry about North Korea. They'll self implode eventually. They're too poor to do anything. They're definately too poor to wage a war.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/world/3981556.html

Dude, you're forgot something. North Korea's stocking up on nuclear weapons and long-range missiles to attack one country....the U.S.A.. They don't need a long-range missile to attack Russia, China, Japan, and South Korea. Why do you think they would build or seek weapons that have a firing range of 9,300 miles? Who are they aiming for, who do they blame for the split with South Korea, and who do they have propaganda of on a daily basis and call "evil" to it's people. Us.

Not sure what Bush plans to do, but it's obvious who's more of a direct threat to U.S. soil between Iran and North Korea.

One more thnig. Their leader is smart but not stable. They're not too poor to start a war because war's the only thing they've been spending their money on for the past 50 years, but they don't have the money to finish it. They definately haven't been spending their money on food or farmland, that's for sure...

I'll respect that - seeing as you would probably know better than any of us. But launching a war over the threat of someone possibly having a warhead that will reach makes about as much sense attacking a country because you think they might harbor terrorist.

There are alot of "what ifs" in any scenario. Either way North Korea is too poor to be taken seriously right now.

Edited by Jeebus

Well, in 1998 I was sitting in a pub in rural Japan, when North Korea fired its Taepodong missiles. That was pretty scary, I was thinking whether this would mark the beginning of an East Asian war...

North Korea, one of many problems in a problem-beset region. Of course the US has a lot of interests there. It has to deal with China, look out for Taiwan, and is also closely connected economically its allies Japan and South Korea. (And due to Seoul's proximity to the border, it's particularly vulnerable.)

In Europe people believe the reason the US didn't invade North Korea was because they got the bomb in time, but I think it might be more related to Chinese and Russian pressure. I think the secret hope of all Western diplomats is that the country will simply implode due to mismanagement, something which will never happen with Iran. In South Korea and Japan, though, they can't seem to make up their mind, containment or rapprochement, although the Japanese government's hands are pretty much tied due to the abduction cases (the North Koreans came to the Japanese shore in subs and randomly abducted Japanese people, even school girls, to make them educate North Korean agents in Japanese language and customs).

Edited by krix